Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

14 minutes ago, charon said:

Really?

Not. E cars are a bad idea. They don't reduce any emissions because the petrol they save will be used somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, bladan said:

Not. E cars are a bad idea. They don't reduce any emissions because the petrol they save will be used somewhere else.

At a much slower rate. If everyone in the world had an E car (i know that possibility is in the land of make believe but bare with me) the amount of petrol the world uses in 1 year would be used in 5 years.

1 hour ago, bladan said:

Eurovision backing singer and actress Hanna-Riikka Siitonen has died aged 47 of cancer.

I am surprised Lordi have not drank themselves to death yet

13 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

At a much slower rate. If everyone in the world had an E car (i know that possibility is in the land of make believe but bare with me) the amount of petrol the world uses in 1 year would be used in 5 years.

Most of the cuntos that purport the petrol shtick, fly at least on 4 planes a year.

I've not been on a plane since 81, so I feel justified in ignoring the cocksuckers.

6 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

No. Petrol has to be burned at the same rate that it is produced. It cannot be stored. Crude oil demand keeps on growing and we have to get rid of petrol somehow. Petrol-fuelled cars are the best way to do it.

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/i-talked-to-finlands-only-self-made-energy-billionaire---and-now-i-realize-how-utterly-futile-electric-vehicles-are-in-addressing-climate-change-2017-2/?op=1

If everyone in the world had an E car, everyone would be dead.

3 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

bare with me

BelatedWhiteChital-max-1mb.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Oh you fucking wish, Granny

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Oh you fucking wish, Granny

635862542343832488-204067809_giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Angeles Grőnloh, who represented the Netherlands in 1964, died aged 76.

26 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Angeles Grőnloh, who represented the Netherlands in 1964, died aged 76.

Runner up in the Dutch heats for 66 Helen Shepherd died a week or so ago.

https://www.firstorderhistorians.com/2018/09/10/singer-helen-shepherd-78-died/

Just now, TomTomTelekom said:

Danish Rock Singer Kim Larsen dead at 72 years

https://www.svt.se/kultur/danska-artisten-kim-larsen-ar-dod

Was about to post this. I could have sworn he was mentioned here somewhere? Somewhere around January he must have been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Valters Frīdenbergs, one half of Latvia's Walter and Kazha (finished 5th in 2005 with "The War Is Not Over"), dead at 30.

• Sad 1

On 13/09/2016 at 18:03, DevonDeathTrip said:

Brian Kennedy, who represented Ireland at Eurovision 2006 is suffering from rectal cancer.

The article also helpfully mentions that Brian's brother, the singer/songwriter Bap Kennedy, is receiving palliative care for pancreatic cancer :skull: . (He's keeping a blog but hasn't updated it since 1st September...)

Brian Kennedy's cancer is still there and "increasing in thickness":

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/brian-kennedy-opens-up-cancer-13439666

Portuguese reports of the sad death of Maria Guinot who represented Portugal at the 1984 Contest. It's now silence for her. RIP.

Silêncio e tanta gente:

• Sad 1

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 18:50, gcreptile said:

Brian Kennedy's cancer is still there and "increasing in thickness":

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/brian-kennedy-opens-up-cancer-13439666

Brian Kennedy has had successful surgery and is recovering: https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/irish-singer-brian-kennedy-making-13621972

Great song. Mind you, 1977 was chock full of great songs. The UK (obv) or Israel still should have won though.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2017 at 17:32, Predictor said:

However, what I'm most looking forward too is seeing 87-year old Owe Thörnqvist (b. 1929) perform as perhaps the oldest ever Melodifestivalen performer. Hopefully the old geezer won't have a heart attack on stage. :wheelchair:

2 years later, it's time for another old dude to perform at the Melodifestivalen. On Saturday, the 86-year-old Jan Malmsjö will sing "Leva Livet", which in Swedish means "Live Life". He was married to American dancer Barrie Chase for a few years in the 60s, and had a small part in Hitchcock's film Torn Curtain, playing a Swedish journalist.

Edit: Last Saturday, 74-year-old Arja Saijonmaa performed in the first qualification round, but ended up in last place. She looked quite good for her age.

Just watching the death of the UK's chances for Tel Aviv 2019.

Have modern songwriters forgotten the middle eight? Have they forgotten the quirky twist? The cut off of the music at the end while the soul of the singer is ripped in the last four/six bars?

Be interesting who we get/send.