Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

Now come along we all love to hear the songs:

Just seen an article from the British music theatre organisation who claim Pearl Carr has died aged 96. I lost the article however 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Same original source as for her husband in 2018. (Pearl Carr for the search engine)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Does that mean they were both older than reported?

One for @Cat O'Falk to solve.

6 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Does that mean they were both older than reported?

One for @Cat O'Falk to solve.

G.R.O. has Johnson born in 1919 and Carr born in 1921, not in 1923.

GRO.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cat O'Falk said:

G.R.O. has Johnson born in 1919 and Carr born in 1921, not in 1923.

GRO.jpg

The swiftness with your replies to these things just makes PJ Hammond's ability to hide his Date of Birth all the more impressive!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jahn Teigen dead at 70 years:

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/musikk/i/dO8BAq/jahn-teigen-er-doed

Perhaps most well known for representing his native Norway in the Eurovision Song Contests of 1978, '82, and '83, he is also notable for his albums Mentalkrem (1980) and En Dags Pause (1979) and for his hit single "Mil Etter Mil" (1978). In addition, he fronted a rock band called Popol Vuh and performed with a comedic music group called Prima Vera.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

1978 - Mil Etter Mil

That was the  "nul points" one, wasn't it?  I've heard worse!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yes, I think it was the performance that is hilarious.

Anyhow, he stands a chance, as a true Eurovision legend, of obiting in the UK. RIP you utter legend!

• Like 1

Well, think I'll have to put it in context with the other songs once all the entries are in, but I see nothing magical, exciting, different about the UK entry. There were certainly no hairs on my arms raising moments, and the poor lad probably has chilblains, however it was good to isolate him from the coronavirus.

32 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Well, think I'll have to put it in context with the other songs once all the entries are in, but I see nothing magical, exciting, different about the UK entry. There were certainly no hairs on my arms raising moments, and the poor lad probably has chilblains, however it was good to isolate him from the coronavirus.

He is the brother of John Newman

Posted this in the What Are You Listening To thread. It’s drivel. Not even shit, just...nothingy.

The stupid thing is that both Paloma Faith and Lewis Capaldi said fairly recently they’d love to do the Eurovision song, but instead we’ve got this geezer who, let’s be brutally honest, hardly any sod knows, and who will likely bore the tits off the entire continent.

Even if we fuck politics to one side (thank god), it deserve little more than nul points.

16 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Posted this in the What Are You Listening To thread. It’s drivel. Not even shit, just...nothingy.

The stupid thing is that both Paloma Faith and Lewis Capaldi said fairly recently they’d love to do the Eurovision song, but instead we’ve got this geezer who, let’s be brutally honest, hardly any sod knows, and who will likely bore the tits off the entire continent.

Even if we fuck politics to one side (thank god), it deserve little more than nul points.

To misquote Toast badly, if the Beeb picked Capaldi they'd be in danger of actually winning...

• Like 1

On 25/02/2020 at 12:48, Toast said:

Awww the poor wee chappie! Even Norway's 2013 entry, Anders Breivik's deathcore version of Children of the Rainbow, scored deux points from the German jury. 

23 minutes ago, msc said:

To misquote Toast badly, if the Beeb picked Capaldi they'd be in danger of actually winning...

Shame that’s the case innit...

I think if we’re gonna deliberately fuck our chances of winning goodbye, let’s do it in style rather than these wafts of pissy air we’ve had for the past few years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

All the bread and circuses are getting cancelled. I'd hate to be a crap Prime Minister in 2020...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

So, everyone equal first!!! :lol:

Another nul points for the UK entry :D

• Haha 1

Phil Coulter reports the death of Bill Martin, Scottish songwriter responsible for so many hits, it hurts, but for here, writer of the first UK winner Puppet On A String and the Cliff Richard attempt Congratulations:

Homepage: http://billmartinsongwriter.com/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Phil Coulter reports the death of Bill Martin, Scottish songwriter responsible for so many hits, it hurts, but for here, writer of the first UK winner Puppet On A String and the Cliff Richard attempt Congratulations:

Homepage: http://billmartinsongwriter.com/

Admittedly he was no Berlin or Porter, but I've a soft spot for Shang-a-Lang and the two slightly strange Slik singles Requiem and Forever & Ever.

Also partly responsible for Dick Emery's Ooh You Are Awful, however.

Check in on Eurovision's Youtube channel every Saturday as they livestream a random year. Yesterday was 1997 when we last won it. I also noticed Stephen Gately performed with Boyzone. So I guess his death technically could have been a curse many years later. I would link it here but it's only going to be up for a week.