Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

Dries Holten, one half of Sandra & Andres, died at the age of 84. They were the Dutch entrants of the 1972 ESF which was won by Vicky Leandros with Apres Toi. S&A ended fourth.

Watch at your own risk....

• Like 2

Do non-British Eurovision contestants typically obit? I'm looking through my masterlist and am trying to update obitability odds and honestly have no clue of this realm.

4 hours ago, Banana said:

Do non-British Eurovision contestants typically obit? I'm looking through my masterlist and am trying to update obitability odds and honestly have no clue of this realm.

Unless they're also "Slovenia's Elvis Presley" or something like that - it's relatively unlikely.

• Like 2

Winning Eurovision composer Rajko Dujmić has died after being involved in traffic accident. he was 65.

He composed Yugoslavia's winner 'Rock Me'. He'd previously been a singing competitor, unlucky Scavengers!

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 02/05/2020 at 03:53, Ulitzer95 said:

Engelbert turns 84 today. :party:

I knew a drag artist who called himself Englebert Humpadick once. 

Death at 65 of Agathonas Iakovidis, who along with Koza Mostra represented Greece in 2013 with the debt-related track "Alcohol Is Free". They finished 6th.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Death at 65 of Agathonas Iakovidis, who along with Koza Mostra represented Greece in 2013 with the debt-related track "Alcohol Is Free". They finished 6th.

For him, I hope he more or less drank himself to death.

That song was THE financial crisis song.

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Ulla Pia, Danish singer who came 14th in the 1966 competition, reportedly dead: https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=da&u=https://www.seoghoer.dk/kendte/ulla-pia-er-doed&prev=search&pto=aue

Stop - mens legen er go:

Good lord, I was looking her up yesterday for the Scavenger and this was my exact thought: "her ill health was in the 70s, so presumably she's better nowadays." Kiss of death, clearly!

• Like 2

Was hoping she'd be a unique, but she didn't even make the starting line. She only had months to live with cancer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pave_Maijanen

Pekka "Pave" Maijanen, a known Finnish singer, songwriter, bass player, keyboard player, drummer, guitarist and producer has revealed he suffers from ALS. His 70th birthday is going to be in three days, I wonder how long he's got

He was the last in the 1992 competition with this:

3 minutes ago, arghton said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pave_Maijanen

Pekka "Pave" Maijanen, a known Finnish singer, songwriter, bass player, keyboard player, drummer, guitarist and producer has revealed he suffers from ALS. His 70th birthday is going to be in three days, I wonder how long he's got

He was the last in the 1992 competition with this:

He announced it hours after the Scavenger deadline? That's the biggest trolling act on this forum since notaguest...

• Haha 4

German-Italian singer Nino De Angelo, Germany's 1989 ESC entry, says he has COPD and maybe 5 years left to live:

https://m.bild.de/bild-plus/unterhaltung/leute/leute/nino-de-angelo-unheilbar-lungenkrank-ich-habe-nur-noch-fuenf-jahre-73562896,view=conversionToLogin.bildMobile.html

He's a precarious existence. Bankruptcies, lymphoma in the 90s, confessed cocaine user and obsessive gambler.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

17 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

He's a precarious existence. Bankruptcies, lymphoma in the 90s, confessed cocaine user and obsessed gambler.

So why wasn't he at Germanys "I'm a Celebrity... get me out of here" yet? B)

• Haha 1

Reynaert, who represented Belgium in 1988, dead at 65 from COVID-19.

• Like 2

Another Scavenger Hunt miss. :(

Even for 1988, that was a hard watch - in recent years Belgium really have some of the catchiest/dramatic numbers and I always watch out for their entries now.

1988 - wasn't that the year Scott Fitzgerald narrowly missed out to some dame called Celine Dion? Don't get me wrong, both great choons!

4 hours ago, drol said:

Reynaert, who represented Belgium in 1988, dead at 65 from COVID-19.

Jeans and slip on shoes with white socks? I'm amazed the lord almighty didn't strike him down years ago.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Another Scavenger Hunt miss. :(

I keep seeing this thread pop up and think 'ooh a hit!' and it never has been so far. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Well the contest has been running for 60 years and if on average there are at least 25 entries each year then without taking account of groups that is 1500 to pick from.

Great category choice.

• Like 2

Timur Selcuk, who composed and wrote Bana Bana for Turkish group Pan at Eurovision 1989, dead at 74.

Timur giving it laldy as the conductor there! Bring back the orchestras!