Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

22 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I wonder which UK cities will be shortlisted to possibly host next year's Eurovision?

I dunno, maybe there is a Eurovision forum you can wonder about that shit on. Come back to us when Cheryl Baker croaks...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GEMINEYE said:

I dunno, maybe there is a Eurovision forum you can wonder about that shit on. Come back to us when Cheryl Baker croaks...

Well people have discussed the songs from this years contest on this thread so I say a small amount of speculation on who will be hosting the cursed eurovision contest  next year is well within order.  .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Zvika Pick, co-writer of Dana International’s winning entry Diva along with other entries, reportedly dead: https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-714668

Quentin Tarantino’s father in law.

If they put his corpse in the rubbish he will be the Pick of the litter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Zvika Pick, co-writer of Dana International’s winning entry Diva along with other entries, reportedly dead: https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-714668

Could have sworn he was a DDP pick for that team that usually has a bunch of aging Israeli celebrities in its roster a few years back, but apparently not.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

A legend of Israeli pop for decades. Sad news.

• Like 2

On 30/12/2018 at 02:02, YoungWillz said:

Marianna Toli, part of the quartet of singers of Greece's 1977 entry, has died: http://esctoday.com/170680/greece-marianna-toli-1977-participant-passes-away/

Mathima Solfege finished in 5th place.

Robert Williams from the above group reportedly dead aged 72. He's the one on the extreme right as you look at them. https://www-news-gr.translate.goog/ellada/article/3004584/pethane-o-tragoudistis-rompert-ouiliams-se-ilikia-71-eton.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Liverpool shall host in 2023.

That's Liverpool, Ukraine, obviously. 

I'm really glad that, in the United Kingdom, the contest will be held for the umpteenth time in England.

(And if you can't detect the sarcasm in the above statement....)

Once again, the three other parts of the Kingdom are second rated.

• Like 2

Waiting for @YoungWillz to declare Sassenach stitch up.

Supposedly Susan Aitken, SNat head of Glasgow Council was briefing the Scottish media that Glasgow had won it. Silly bint.

EDIT: Didn’t have to wait. He beat me to it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I'm really glad that, in the United Kingdom, the contest will be held for the umpteenth time in England.

(And if you can't detect the sarcasm in the above statement....)

Once again, the three other parts of the Kingdom are second rated.

Glasgow had the Commonwealth Games and COP26 only recently. You can’t have it all sunshine!

• Like 2

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Waiting for @YoungWillz to declare Sassenach stitch up.

Supposedly Susan Aitken, SNat head of Glasgow Council was briefing the Scottish media that Glasgow had won it. Silly bint.

I don't think there's any political machinations as such.

I'm just disappointed. Vastly disappointed. My medical condition might have allowed me to attend a hometown contest, Liverpool out of the question.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Glasgow had the Commonwealth Games and COP26 only recently. You can’t have it all sunshine!

Didn't want COP26 - for the all the good it has done anyway (Truss says bring on the fracking and the extra oil and gas exploration).

I'm not hugely into sport. But I have a love and a special place for Eurovision. Shame. Alas. Egad. etc etc.:mellow:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Liverpool  England will do a fantastic job and I see lots of random gays all over the UK are putting out feelers and requests for fellow gays to put them up for a couple of nights as hotels for that week suddenly very expensive!!

I am now weighing up my options and deciding how hospitable and welcoming I should next May!!

Should I let them stay for free if I say yes to the idea? Almost certainly  I can't imagine charging anybody  but I would have to have terms and conditions all the same.... 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Didn't want COP26 - for the all the good it has done anyway (Truss says bring on the fracking and the extra oil and gas exploration).

I'm not hugely into sport. But I have a love and a special place for Eurovision. Shame. Alas. Egad. etc etc.:mellow:

I loved watching the mens diving in the Commonwealth games on the tv!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Cheaper for the BBC with loads of staff in Manchester.

The upside is that Liverpool's hotels are crap and the locals will burgle the rooms.

• Like 2

On 24/04/2021 at 21:38, arghton said:

Alive pre-2000 eurovision contestants for Finland are (no bands included):

1962 - Marion Rung (b. 1945). 1963 - Laila Halme (1934-2021). 1965 - Viktor Klimenko (b. 1942). 1966 - Ann-Christine (b. 1944)...

Ann-Christine Nyström (wiki) who represented Finland in the 1966 Eurovision, being reported dead at 78. 

https://www.tanssiin.fi/60-luvun-iskelma-ja-viisutahti-ann-christine-on-menehtynyt/

Died in Sweden this year

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, MarkF said:

Franco Gatti, has died at the age of 80, a member of Ricchi e Poveri who represented Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest 1978 .  Franco Gatti, morto il cantante dei Ricchi e Poveri - la Repubblica

Best version I could find.

Sadly, the full splendour of Franco's moustache isn't fully realised. Are those flared leather trousers? 

• Like 2