JR976evil

Journalists

Sunday Times journalist Marie Colvin is reported killed in Homs, Syria, after the house in which she was staying was shelled.French photographer Remi Ochlik was also killed.

Colvin was the only journalist for a British paper in the city.

• Like 1

Sunday Times journalist Marie Colvin is reported killed in Homs, Syria, after the house in which she was staying was shelled.French photographer Remi Ochlik was also killed.

Shit, that's sad, I know knew her, one tough woman who'd already lost an eye in Sri Lanka. She was never the type to report from across the border like others do. She wanted to be where the action was so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. RIP Marie.

Guest Guest

there are reports that she was decapitated by a tank shell. wierd knowing that when i was watching her on tv just last night. brings it home how awful things must be in syria.the world must do something!

Shit, that's sad, I know knew her, one tough woman who'd already lost an eye in Sri Lanka. She was never the type to report from across the border like others do. She wanted to be where the action was so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. RIP Marie.

Always the way . With the high amount of scum journlists in the world one of the few good ones dies.

Always the way . With the high amount of scum journlists in the world one of the few good ones dies.

Sadly, the scum journos never leave the safety of their PC.

I know a lot of journalists and the vast majority of those I know are decent people so be careful who you're calling scum when you clearly know fuck all about journalism.

I know a lot of journalists and the vast majority of those I know are decent people so be careful who you're calling scum when you clearly know fuck all about journalism.

Hacking dead school girls phones and laying down in gutters to take photo's up a girls dress doesn't sound scummy at all ;)

Sadly, the scum journos never leave the safety of their PC.

The decent ones always pay the price i remember when terry lloyd died covering the iraq war he was one of the best journlists .

The decent ones always pay the price i remember when terry lloyd died covering the iraq war he was one of the best journlists .

A question that remains is that of causality. Do decent journos pay the price because they're decent, or are they decent because they pay the price?

regards,

Hein

Hacking dead school girls' phones and laying down in gutters to take photo's photos up a girl's dress doesn't sound scummy at all. ;)

Nothing wrong with the odd "up shot". Most of the crotch shots I've seen :blush: involve shamless b-listers who'll do anything to promote themselves. I wouldn't defend phone hacking; that was shabby. My point is that only a small minority of journos were involved in that, not "many". A lot of this stuff that's shocking people is not just about the methods used to get information but also about the targets and the personal nature of the stuff disclosed. I'd be happy to report the hacked phone traffic of the Syrian military as some have done today, and I could see why some might monitor police frequencies. Sometimes you have to use technology to find stuff out. The question is whether the stuff is in the public interest or not. I don't think there is a public interest defence in listening to a hacked telephone conversation where the future King of England is describing himself to his mistress as a tampon. Or maybe there is.

Wasn't too sure to put this in here, internet celebrities, or create a new topic for "fat racist shit-for-brains", but Andrew Breitbart's own websites are announcing that he died last night. Could be him proving that the LAMESTREAM LIBERAL MEDIA LIEZ, but hopefully he is actually in a pinewood box for real.

Good riddance.

It's cool that this perpetually angry, morbidly obese alcoholic died of "natural causes".

Popbitch brings us news of a suicidal Sun employee

Two people arrested in a blaze of publicity

then go on to try to commit suicide, one

very publicly... sounds like the perfect

story for The Sun? Not when the people

involved were their journalists and

the arrests occurred as part of

Operation Elveden, it isn't.

So it's unlikely you'll read a word about

Virginia Wheeler's recovery in the Priory

or that chief reporter, John Kay had

to be talked down from Blackfriars Bridge

by the police.

That said, maybe the paper thinks it simply

isn't news. This is, after all, Mr Kay's

seventh unsuccessful attempt (at least) -

six of which happened shortly after he

killed his wife in the 1970s. :huh:

Cassandra Jardine, a unique pick for my DDP line-up, has written her first article in over five months, detailing how her absence from work was down to her stage IV lung cancer, that it has spread to other parts of her body, but conversely this is good because it means she now gets a new trial medicine. Being as this is lifestyle journalism for the Torygraph, she mentions the fact that she makes her own tortellini twice.

Cassandra Jardine, a unique pick for my DDP line-up, has written her first article in over five months, detailing how her absence from work was down to her stage IV lung cancer, that it has spread to other parts of her body, but conversely this is good because it means she now gets a new trial medicine. Being as this is lifestyle journalism for the Torygraph, she mentions the fact that she makes her own tortellini twice.

Dead

Dead

Jardine leaves a husband, the actor William Chubb, and five children Oliver, Eliza, Dido, Christabel and George.

The middle classes, huh?

• Like 1

How long before David bond gets his head ripped off by one of the athletes ?

Photojournalist Malcolm Browne has died aged 81.

That's a unique hit for Lt. Colonel Kilgore's Ultimate Surf Party.

• Like 1