JR976evil

Journalists

Is George Alagiah suffering from anything? I saw 6 O'Clock news on BBC last night and thought he looked terrible. I can find nothing on the web to suggest he is but if not why does he look so bad?

• Like 2

Is George Alagiah suffering from anything? I saw 6 O'Clock news on BBC last night and thought he looked terrible. I can find nothing on the web to suggest he is but if not why does he look so bad?

I'll raise you Jon Snow. He's looked poorly for a while now...

I thought Snow looked seriously ill a few years ago, around Obama's first campaign, but in comparison he looks much better these days.

Ahhh, give over

Snow is All White

Guest Guest

he's probably just depressed reading all that shitty news every night

Perhaps he was a big Only Fools and Horses fan and last night was a tough read.........

Perhaps he was a big Only Fools and Horses Roger Lloyd Pack fan and last night was a tough read.........

Fixed. The man was much more than a single comedy show.

A very good news presenter, saw him mostly on the BBC World News channel when abroad on holiday.

It would have been nice to see him on BBC News 24 more, came across far better than some of the usual faces.

RIP Mr Dumor

A very good news presenter, saw him mostly on the BBC World News channel when abroad on holiday.

It would have been nice to see him on BBC News 24 more, came across far better than some of the usual faces.

RIP Mr Dumor

News reader breaks down and cries on air after reading tweets about his death.

RIP Mr Dumor

News reader breaks down and cries on air after reading tweets about his death.

It's quite weird and a bit sick seeing that kind of humanity in people who can straight-faced announce thousands of people's deaths in Syria, I suppose it only matters if you new the person.

I don't think he's "looking" particularly ill. He's just looking a little bit older that's all. Which is natural.

If anything is a concern it's the state of his marbles. He's been acting like a fruitcake for years now, missing cues, taking them too early, making lame jokes..... but of course the question is, does he have Alzheimer's or are we just seeing the natural dulling-the-mind effect of being on a show like Channel 4 News every day? Actually, now I think about dull news shows, I think Jeremy Paxman might be on the same path!

• Like 2

Georgina Henry, former deputy editor of The Guardian, dead at 53. She was also the launch editor of Comment Is Free, so it's not exactly a loss.

Georgina Henry, former deputy editor of The Guardian, dead at 53. She was also the launch editor of Comment Is Free, so it's not exactly a loss.

AKA "Comment Is Free. Unless you disagree with us on anything, in which case we'll delete you for "trolling" while we let deranged death threats and racist comments by lefties/Islamists stand."

I'm getting Orwellian chills/skin crawling sensation just thinking about it actually.

Strange, CiF to me always seems packed with egregiously right-wing comments. Each to their own I suppose...

AKA "Comment Is Free. Unless you disagree with us on anything, in which case we'll delete you for "trolling" while we let deranged death threats and racist comments by lefties/Islamists stand."

I'm getting Orwellian chills/skin crawling sensation just thinking about it actually.

Only place you can get Orwellian chiils is Jura :D

Shit DDP pick is shit.

Helen Fawkes; showing up lazy DDPers since 2012...

It’s all over now. My last chemo, thankfully, was a couple of weeks ago. It’s probably not the final one ever but it’s the last one for a while. Maybe for months. Hopefully for years.

*mutters.

Shit DDP pick is shit.

Helen Fawkes; showing up lazy DDPers since 2012...

It’s all over now. My last chemo, thankfully, was a couple of weeks ago. It’s probably not the final one ever but it’s the last one for a while. Maybe for months. Hopefully for years.

*mutters.

Appreciate I'm late on this but her cancer's still incurable, no? She's still pretty doomed