JR976evil

Journalists

Director and owner of Banja Luka dailies Nezavisne Novine and Glas Srpske, Zeljko Kopanja, passed away on Monday at the age of 62.

And now to the fantastic back story...

The papers announced that Kopanja died of a heart attack in Banja Luka, in the Serb Republic (RS) - the Serb entity in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Kopanja lost both legs on October 22, 1999 when a bomb planted under his car exploded. That case was never solved.

SC

John McLaughlin

The political pundit who has hosted The McLaughlin Group on PBS has missed his first show since 1982 for undisclosed health reasons. He is 89 years old,so a good possibility for 2017 if he survives the year

• Like 3

John McLaughlin

The political pundit who has hosted The McLaughlin Group on PBS has missed his first show since 1982 for undisclosed health reasons. He is 89 years old,so a good possibility for 2017 if he survives the year

Didn't even survive the week.

• Like 2

John McLaughlin

I thought so. He was one of the fossils who believe that they can't retire because the world would fall apart without their little-watched shows. Only death could make him stop.

Edit: Still, I should thank him for denying that Obama was the first black US president:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yokXXGjZ8KI

(The video didn't play, anyway he says that "Warren G. Harding was a negro.")

Guardian writer Ian Traynor dies aged 60.

Guardian writer Ian Traynor dies aged 60.

I guess the Guardian has it.

John McLaughlin

I thought so. He was one of the fossils who believe that they can't retire because the world would fall apart without their little-watched shows. Only death could make him stop.

Edit: Still, I should thank him for denying that Obama was the first black US president:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yokXXGjZ8KI

(The video didn't play, anyway he says that "Warren G. Harding was a negro.")

Warren G Harding:

800px-Warren_G_Harding-Harris_%26_Ewing.

Latest from Rowena Kincaid's Facebook:

Hello Everybody,

This is a message posted on behalf of Row, who's a bit under the weather at the moment.

On Tuesday, struggling to breath, Row was taken to hospital where she was diagnosed with pneumonia. She's now on a course of antibiotics and seems to be making progress. She's going to be kept in hospital for a few more days, but is hoping to be discharged next week.

She wants to thank those who've noticed that she's been quiet of late and to reassure you all that she's resting and recuperating as per the doctor's orders. Hopefully she'll be back on here soon.

HUGS AND LOVE TO YOU WONDER WOMAN!!

Team Row xxx

Dead.

A terminally-ill woman, who made a television programme discussing what she should do with the time she had left, has died.

Rowena Kincaid, 40, of Cardiff, died from breast cancer on Friday, seven years after she was first diagnosed

SC

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-37260055

Ah dammit Y-Dub hats off to ya

• Like 1

Too bad Caslvaska still died in August, or I could have been Player of the month (with her, Kincaid and most likely Christie).

Is Rowena another "only famous for being ill" type?

It's always borderline with journalists because she would have got an obituary had she been hit by a car as she worked for the BBC, but she wasn't exaxctly Kim Kardashian.

• Like 1

Is Rowena another "only famous for being ill" type?

Possibly, but she did work in front of the cameras for the BBC news prior to being ill (as a weather reporter), so more Helen Fawkes than a member of Team Shameless.

The BBC documentary she made - both of them, actually - is very good, incidentally.

Oh, I thought I read she was a picture editor.

Apparently, Richard Neville of Oz infamy has died. No link as yet...

EDIT: Gah! Well beaten to the punch.

Just as an aside, a miss Miss on the DDP despite having been diagnosed with Alzheimer's a decade ago...

Now where was the thread with all the cancer-having ESPN reporters?

Anyway, ESPN2 reporter Holly Rowe has a second bout with cancer:

http://www.twincities.com/2016/09/06/cheryl-reeve-to-espn-reporter-battling-cancer-we-stand-with-you/

I had made mention of what seems like a pandemic in their studios. Maybe it's in Presenters. They're itching to have their own ESPN thread lol

SC

Italian journalist Mario Spezi died on September the 9th aged 71. He worked on criminal cases and was also suspected to be the real Monster of Florence. During the last years he often collaborated with Douglas Preston and wrote a book about Meredith Kercher murder, in which he affirmed the innocence of Amanda Knox.

http://www.iltempo.it/cronache/2016/09/10/addio-a-mario-spezi-maestro-dei-cronisti-giudiziari-e-scrittore-1.1572104

Was going to post this in Only Famous For...but hey.

Clare Atkinson, DDP pick and former TV journalist, appears to have died on June 22 according to this article.http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/what-i-should-have-told-my-dying-friend/news-story/b6cea3511c39858e5a056b47aa24e7a1

No QO as far as I am aware.