JR976evil

Journalists

Martin Bashir to return to the BBC as religious affairs correspondent because Caroline Wyatt has been diagnosed with MS.

David Bunnell, a pioneer in technology publishing, died Tuesday night of pancreatic cancer, according to his wife, Jackie Poitier. He was 69. Bunnell took writing about computers from the realm of hobbyists to a mass-market media phenomenon, launching glossy titles like PC Magazine, Macworld and PC World.

SC

http://m.sfgate.com/business/article/David-Bunnell-creator-of-PC-World-and-Macworld-10000220.php

All has been quiet on the Helen Fawkes front for months.

Are we sure she's still alive?

Pretty sure (99%) she's still alive as she'd have been mentioned by someone, never minding the "BBC Reporter Tragically Dies" front page of the Beeb on that day, ahead of nuclear war in India or what not.

The silence has been noted, however.

Her most recent blog from July was about her final chemo (for the time being), so for all we know she could be fine for now and just hasn't felt there's been much worth blogging about in recent months.

Or she's fuc king about doing her bucket list.

• Like 1

just seen his death reported on ITN news at 10 .Another legend gone this week following Ian MCaskills death

My. Shock.

Guardian hack Simon Ricketts has thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension, which means he has little chance of making it past more than a decade and, if his upcoming operation isn't a success, he could be out for the count within the next few months.

Terminal cancer in his stomach and pancreas.

There goes one of my three hidden names on my DDP draft team. I saw a post about his terminal illness about a week ago, and was hoping he wouldn't be revealed, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Guardian hack Simon Ricketts has thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension, which means he has little chance of making it past more than a decade and, if his upcoming operation isn't a success, he could be out for the count within the next few months.

Terminal cancer in his stomach and pancreas.

Saw this a fortnight ago (or then abouts) and thought to myself: bet that's a potential unique of Spades. Or, at least, I did when I saw it, then thought the name looked familiar and did a search to see if his name had ever come up before.

• Like 1

Besides the stomach and pancreas, he says it's

"dotted elsewhere, hanging around inside me like violent gangs at a series of darkened bus stops".

What a superb image of cancer. :hatsoff:

• Like 3

Nat Hentoff, columnist for The Village Voice has died at the age of 91.

Ralph Benner, the original editor of TigerBeat magazine, a Hollywood fan publication for girls that debuted in 1965, has died. He was 84.

Benner died Dec. 22 at his home in Sherman Oaks, California, after a battle with liver disease.

SC

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ralph-benner-dead-tigerbeat-editor-was-84-963799