JR976evil

Journalists

Just now, ThePrematureBurial said:

American broadcast journalist Barbara Walters has not been seen in public since July 2016. She is hold captive in her own home, according to Radar online. She shows signs of dementia, broke her hip a couple of months ago & is wheelchair-bound. 

https://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/barbara-walters-held-captive-home-bad-health/

I'll trust the National Enquirer look alike on this one... 

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I'll trust the National Enquirer look alike on this one... 

Don't underestimate them. They were the ones who published Mel Gibson's phone calls a couple of years ago.

4 hours ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Don't underestimate them. They were the ones who published Mel Gibson's phone calls a couple of years ago.

Why would Mel Gibson be calling Barbara Walters?

• Haha 2

I can’t fucking believe you didn’t say ‘he was feeling under the weather’ or summat.  Set up on a tee and you still miss.  

SC

• Haha 1

Robert Parry at 68, famous for fucking Olly North in his big fat Nazi arse.

Did the CIA assassination manual leek, and the contra/CIA drugs to america stories.

http://www.startribune.com/investigative-journalist-robert-parry-dies-at-68/471569844/

• Like 2

Haim Gouri, the renowned writer and journalist considered one of Israel's most important intellectual thinkers, died Wednesday at the age of 94. Gouri received several of Israel's highest accolades for his work as a writer and poet, including the Bialik Prize and the Israel Prize.
SC

John Lahey has died, aged 88. John was one of the best known newspapermen in Melbourne. Most of his work was behind-the-scenes as a chief sub-editor, but he was widely known to the Melbourne public through his column Lahey at Large which ran in The Age during the 1980s and '90s.
SC

Edward Pearce, British political journalist who was lead writer for The Daily Express (1977-1979), The Daily Telegraph (1979-1987) and The Guardian (1990-1995), has reportedly died aged 79. He also contributed to The Times and caused considerable controversy after a particularly offensive article in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster. 

Well, about 2017 leftovers...

Simon Ricketts was in intensive care a couple of weeks ago. Recovering for now, and it seems he has won this round. But for the next time, I'm not so sure...

8 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Well, about 2017 leftovers...

Simon Ricketts was in intensive care a couple of weeks ago. Recovering for now, and it seems he has won this round. But for the next time, I'm not so sure...

Oh, that was always going to be the case. He was recovering from an operation which, as he mentioned on his blog, would leave him in intensive care 'for about four days', that's why I picked him in the Deathrace, just in case the operation went awry.

4 minutes ago, The Dead Cow said:

Oh, that was always going to be the case. He was recovering from an operation which, as he mentioned on his blog, would leave him in intensive care 'for about four days', that's why I picked him in the Deathrace, just in case the operation went awry.

Word on the tweet has John Pitman, former BBC reporter/journalist, gone aged 78.

44 minutes ago, msc said:

Word on the tweet has John Pitman, former BBC reporter/journalist, gone aged 78.

Ah, the man on the Sheena Easton thingies...

Ian Aitken, former political editor of The Guardian and Tribune writer, aged 90.

Ray Sasser, who spent more than four decades as the outdoors writer/columnist, died Wednesday in a Dallas hospital. He was 69.  He had been battling lymphoma for the last eight years.  His final column for The (Dallas Morning) News appeared in the Jan. 21 print edition.
SC

William Borders, a former foreign correspondent who rose to senior editing positions at The New York Times in a 46-year career there, died on Wednesday at his home in Manhattan. He was 79.

SC

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

"Can't plan beyond 12 years" so unlikely DDP Drop 40 next year

His former colleague had a double mastectomy - d'ya think there were some toxic chemicals in that on set sofa?

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

"Can't plan beyond 12 years"

Yeah I'm not sure at 62 exactly what plans beyond 12 years you make other than holding some money back but as a retired BBC Breakfast presenter I doubt money is an issue anyways.

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Yeah I'm not sure at 62 exactly what plans beyond 12 years you make other than holding some money back but as a retired BBC Breakfast presenter I doubt money is an issue anyways.

watching grand kids grow up?