JR976evil

Journalists

On 1/9/2018 at 12:56, Joey Russ said:

I'll trust the National Enquirer look alike on this one... 

Maybe you'll trust TMZ, who said in Sept 2017 she has all the related mental issues stated by Radaronline's article (meaning RO prolly just rebooted the TMZ info), but also lives like a recluse, which can't be good for someone getting dementia or Alzheimer's.  I'm going to bet on the side of the gravedigger vs the school building, unless we read that she is seeing more people.   My mother went down this road for a few years and I can't imagine how quickly she would have faded away without family keeping an eye on her.
SC 

BBC reporter Ahmad Shah and AFP photographer Shah Marai both killed in separate bombings in the city of Kabul. BBC

So he lasts 3 years at Stage IV under the tlc of his girlfriend. Dumps her in Feb, announces he's going to become a priest. Dies weeks later. Who knew shagging would be a better cancer drug than relying on God?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, msc said:

So he lasts 3 years at Stage IV under the tlc of his girlfriend. Dumps her in Feb, announces he's going to become a priest. Dies weeks later. Who knew shagging would be a better cancer drug than relying on God?

Who is ‘he’?  No name in post.  And is ‘he’ a journalist?  Not mentioned in post.

10 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Who is ‘he’?  No name in post.  And is ‘he’ a journalist?  Not mentioned in post.

7c731d8ea91fc7a7ad35ab520907ed10.jpg

Hey I’ll teach you folks to post searchable obits if it’s the last thing I do.  Baby steps....

‘Guy died.  Great player sad to see him go.’

’Woman singer died.’

’Another guy died.’

SC

4 hours ago, msc said:

For Sir Creep - this post is a direct reference to

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

this post directly above mine, with a death notice AND name.

PS If you are wondering why he's not had a proper obit in 2 weeks, it's because he's a complete nobody and Spade's Rusbridger/Risbridger gag would be one of the great bits of DDP chicanery if more folk had jumped on the Underwood bandwagon.

• Like 4

Times journalist Sean O'Neill was writing about his battle with leukaemia today.  I would post a link but the BBQ is about to fla

2 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Times journalist Sean O'Neill was writing about his battle with leukaemia today.  I would post a link but the BBQ is about to fla

Here’s a link to his illness.

31 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Are you alright? I think the barbecue flamed up.

11 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

Are you alright? I think the barbecue flamed up.

Everything is fine now.  Possibly BBQ management , reading the paper and DL posting simultaneously is taking multi tasking a bit too far.  Especially when under the influence of wine and sunshine. :birthday2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2011 at 19:24, maryportfuncity said:

I think you have started with fire in your dead pooling belly JR976evil, keep 'em comin.

Re the journos, a surprisingly large number of the ground-breaking American 'New Journalists' - Tom Wolfe, Gay Talese etc, still breathe and remain highly obit worthy.

Tom Wolfe is dead aged 87: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/15/obituaries/tom-wolfe-pyrotechnic-nonfiction-writer-and-novelist-dies-at-87.html

He'll be burned on the Bonfire Of The Vanities. He just didn't have The Right Stuff.

Oh, DDP pick. Edit: Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/may/15/tom-wolfe-journalist-and-author-dies-aged-87

• Sad 1

John Lohman was 21 years old when his Forum news team won the Pulitzer Prize for coverage of Fargo's deadly 1957 tornado.  Lohman died Monday, May 21, at the age of 82. He is believed to have been the last surviving Forum newsroom staff member who was part of the 1957 tornado coverage.

SC

Scrubs out that list of Russian journalists I was assembling for next year's DDP.

Mr Babchenko was reportedly found by his wife bleeding at the entrance to his block of flats, shot several times in the back, and died in an ambulance.

The journalist apparently did not tell his wife that the murder had been staged. "Special apologies to my wife," he said. It was not clear exactly how the fake murder was staged.

Sounds to me like the murder was to be confirmed here tbh...:D

In other news, Simon Ricketts finally went home after five months of being hospitalized: 

Mind you, I'm not sure if he's going to see 2019. At this point and time, he's the biggest will he won't case,  though 7 months is a long time aways...

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

In other news, Simon Ricketts finally went home after five months of being hospitalized: 

Mind you, I'm not sure if he's going to see 2019. At this point and time, he's the biggest will he won't case,  though 7 months is a long time aways...

7 months when you have a hole in the stomach that may never heal so this is a huge infection risk of a serious and constant nature.He is very gaunt now.Even if the cancer doesn't come back this year an infection could easily kill him.

Simon Ricketts and Jose Jose currently are in the same "should be dead but aren't" category.

At least, Ricketts will probably live to see his 50th birthday.

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Simon Ricketts and Jose Jose currently are in the same "should be dead but aren't" category.

At least, Ricketts will probably live to see his 50th birthday.

I think he’s already 50 years of age iirc. And here’s the post that mentioned his birthdate: 

Ah thanks. I only remembered it was some time mid-year.