JR976evil

Journalists

I think this one has slipped under our radar.

BBC newsreader Jane Hill confirms she's had a mastectomy and reveals news about her secret cancer battle.

•  The broadcaster, 50, revealed she had her breast removed in November 2018 when she was first diagnosed and has decided against reconstruction surgery
  • The journalist was dealt a double blow when her long-term partner Sarah Shepherd's mother was also diagnosed with cancer in the same month 
  • Jane revealed on Twitter in May that she had secretly been battling breast cancer, explaining her absence from TV screens over the six months prior 
  • The newscaster didn't have a history of breast cancer in her family and has credited her healthy lifestyle for her recovery

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7331687/Newsreader-Jane-Hill-admits-kept-breast-cancer-battle-secret-case-hiccup.html

Bill Harris, the veteran Hollywood broadcast journalist who served as a co-host on the syndicated program At the Movies, has died. He was 75.

Harris died Thursday at the City of Hope hospital after a short bout with cancer, family spokesman Rusty Citron announced.

Harris was hired as one of the first reporters for Entertainment Tonight, which premiered in 1981, and he served as head writer/reviewer on Rona Barrett's gossip segments for the Today show and Good Morning America.

In 1986, Harris and New York critic Rex Reed assumed the aisle seats occupied by Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert on Tribune Broadcasting's nationally syndicated At the Movies program after the original pair had left for a similar Disney-produced show.
SC

• Like 1

Former restaurant critic of The Columbus Dispatch, Doral Chenoweth — aptly nicknamed “the Grumpy Gourmet” — died Sunday night of natural causes at age 98.

Chenoweth was a World War II veteran, politician, gossip columnist, marketer for shopping centers, and playwright.
SC

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2013 at 14:52, ajlposh said:

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2013 at 16:18, Guest Guest said:

She was the oldest surviving female member of congress I believe,as well as tthe mother of Cokie Roberts!

Cokie Roberts is now dead according to abcnews.

Edit: Ah beaten to it because I went for the quote previous posts option...

• Thanks 1

Sander Vanocur, who was among those who moderated the first televised presidential debate between John Kennedy and Richard Nixon is dead at 91

Robert Boyd, journalist and bureau chief at Knight Rider who won a Pulitzer in 1973 dead at 91 from heart failure.

He won a Pulitzer alongside New York Times journalist Clark Hoyt (b. 1942) for uncovering 1972 Democratic presidential nominee George McGovern's (1922-2012) choice for vice president Thomas Eagleton (1929-2007) numerous secretive hospitalizations for depression throughout his life. Eagleton was subsequently removed from the ticket and replaced by Sargent Shriver (1915-2011), JFK's brother-in-law and the US Ambassador to France at the time. Ted Kennedy (1932-2009) was his first choice for VP however he turned down the offer initially and to replace Eagleton.

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

All she ever did was blame white people for things and claimed her Hijab was liberating lol, like how much cognitive dissonance does one need to hold those views? The amount of psychological stress she must of been under is frightening. Maybe she felt guilty and realised she was just a big racist who knows? 

I suspect over the coming years as these teen sjws get into their late 20s and realise they have a shit (gender studies,equality, social,journo) degree not worth the paper it's written on, that has put them ten of thousands of pounds in the red,and plus having to go out and find a real job, (zero hour contract, McDonald's) and realising there worldview is completely bogus we'll see more of this. Your life and everything you were taught is a lie,  you have no employability, completely unattractive to the opposite sex (skinny male feminist creeps or fat angry bright haired harpies) as Marxism and the far left ideologies don't teach personal responsibility, accountability or healthy life choices. I'm fat because of society and impossible beauty standards. I can't get a girl because I'm too nice etc. Really suicide to alot of these mentally disturbed Marxists will be the only way out. 

2 hours ago, the_engineer said:

All she ever did was blame white people for things and claimed her Hijab was liberating lol, like how much cognitive dissonance does one need to hold those views? The amount of psychological stress she must of been under is frightening. Maybe she felt guilty and realised she was just a big racist who knows? 

I suspect over the coming years as these teen sjws get into their late 20s and realise they have a shit (gender studies,equality, social,journo) degree not worth the paper it's written on, that has put them ten of thousands of pounds in the red,and plus having to go out and find a real job, (zero hour contract, McDonald's) and realising there worldview is completely bogus we'll see more of this. Your life and everything you were taught is a lie,  you have no employability, completely unattractive to the opposite sex (skinny male feminist creeps or fat angry bright haired harpies) as Marxism and the far left ideologies don't teach personal responsibility, accountability or healthy life choices. I'm fat because of society and impossible beauty standards. I can't get a girl because I'm too nice etc. Really suicide to alot of these mentally disturbed Marxists will be the only way out. 

Yikes

Body not even cold and you're already trumpeting some dumb boomer bs

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Banana said:

Yikes

Body not even cold and you're already trumpeting some dumb boomer bs

She died last week! Body is very cold so cold she probably turned white I just hope she checks her privilege. Sorry but I hate racists,alot of her shit was blaming whites for how they were born I.E skin colour. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

She died last week! Body is very cold so cold she probably turned white I just hope she checks her privilege. Sorry but I hate racists,alot of her shit was blaming whites for how they were born I.E skin colour. 

You are a lost cause.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Banana said:

You are a lost cause.

:lol: You've always replied to me. I've completely ignored you. She's was a racist end of. Having experienced racism myself in my teens and having non white family members who have experienced racism. Having both a white child and a non white child myself. I have no time for people who make generalisations on people because of their skin colour. I judge them on their actions and the content of their character,  her actions were to attack white people because of their skin colour. One of the things that turned me off Corbyn was him turning a blind eye to anti-Semitism.  

2 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Having both a white child and a non white child myself.

Which one is your favourite? :P

2 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Which one is your favourite? :P

The one who goes on to make the most money lol.  Of course I love them both equally. 

Rest well, Peter.

• Like 1

Interesting he was at school with three-quarters of The Beatles.

• Like 1

This is going to sound absolutely crazy, but hopefully at least one person will kind of understand what I'm talking about

I'm gonna be honest and say I always thought Peter Sissons had a face like a lion when I was younger - large head, flat face and flowing mane of hair

He was a good newsreader. The most obvious parallel today would be Huw Edwards.

Also interesting if you read his Wikipedia bio, it says that after he left the BBC and retired from work, he wrote about how the BBC was inherently left-wing and politically correct.

RIP Peter "The Lion" Sissons

• Like 1