JR976evil

Journalists

Couple of Observer journalists tweeting about it so I would assume they're not jumping the gun

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Couple of Observer journalists tweeting about it so I would assume they're not jumping the gun

No, it would appear to be true, died last night according to some. Strange there's no official news from the Guardian; they were quick enough with Paul Ritter.

Oh no, I'm sad to hear this.  She was always a pleasure to read, and would join in the below-the-line comments.

I did have her on my long list, but recently she sounded as if she was doing OK.  I'll miss her.

This would appear to be confrimation that she has actually died, albeit non-QO.

• Sad 1

Sarah Hughes QO:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/apr/06/brilliant-and-versatile-observer-and-guardian-journalist-sarah-hughes-dies-at-48

Excellent unique hit for me in the DDP,  maybe my team has some life left after all.

That said, I really liked and actively followed her Game Of Thrones coverage. Very sad.

• Like 1

US journalist and NBC anchor Joe Krebs dead at 78:

https://wtop.com/local/2021/04/dc-area-news-anchor-dies/

A pancreatic cancer sufferer, he had appeared on the forum once before. 

Edit: Would have gotten a QO, but now we know how those work:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/news/joe-krebs-dies-legendary-d-213616778.html

• Like 1

Midwin Charles  a legal analyst  who was also known as  a  legal commentator  on CNN  and  MSNBC has died unexpectedly aged 47.

It is in her latter capacity / role that I decided to put her on this thread.

https://meaww.com/midwin-charles-legal-analyst-passed-away-friends-remember-her-as-beacon-of-justice

• Like 1

Matthew Fisher, a Canadian journalist and war correspondent who spent his life traveling the world and reporting what he saw, has died. He was 66. Fisher died after a short battle with liver cancer.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/matthew-fisher-a-fearless-canadian-journalist-and-war-correspondent-dead-at-age-66

• Like 1

KCUR-FM, the National Public Radio affiliate in Kansas City, Missouri, announced the death of one of its reporters on Sunday. 

The radio station reported Sunday that Aviva Okeson-Haberman, 24, died after suffering a gun shot wound in her apartment on Friday.

SC

• Like 2

John Kay, long-term Sun journalist, who killed his wife before trying to commit suicide back in the 1970s (and was then re-employed by The Sun! One rule for the proles, one rule for your journo mates), reported dead: 

• Like 1

McKenzie showing his slimebag colours haven't waned 

Edit: I see the wife was foreign (Japanese.) So that partly explains the whole ignoring things

• Like 1

Martin Bashir steps down as BBC Religious Editor following health concerns 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The same Martin Bashir that pretended to be seriously unwell with COVID last year then was papped coming home from the shops?

He must be anticipating who will be portraying him in upcoming seasons of The Crown and the resurrection of the worldwide criticm that follows...

33 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

22 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

The same Martin Bashir that pretended to be seriously unwell with COVID last year then was papped coming home from the shops?

He must be anticipating who will be portraying him in upcoming seasons of The Crown and the resurrection of the worldwide criticm that follows...

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-05-14/martin-bashir-leaves-bbc-to-concentrate-on-health-after-catching-covid-19

Might be something in it. 

Whilst all eyes are on former BBC journalist Martin B***** I just saw a picture of former BBC journalist Martin B*** on a charity Facebook ad and he looks like he is auditioning for Davros's grandad. Looked really terrible.

5 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Whilst all eyes are on former BBC journalist Martin B***** I just saw a picture of former BBC journalist Martin B*** on a charity Facebook ad and he looks like he is auditioning for Davros's grandad. Looked really terrible.

How exactly is starring out their surnames of any use here? The first one presumably Martin Bashir, the second one answers on a postcard.

I'm sure you have your reasons, but these are BBC journalists, so seems odd to censor names. 

Anyway, good deadpoolers spotted this three weeks ago https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19262561.martin-bell-hosts-private-talk-blind-veterans/

Blimey, looking it up, age has caught up with Martin Bell in a hurry. He was looking like he did in the 90s 18 months or so ago.

martin bell 2021.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Second one is Martin Bell.

I know, I included a link to an article about him in my post. I was more questioning what the point of starring out a name any good dead pooler cottoned onto at least 3 weeks ago when the aforementioned charity event happened.

One to watch imo.

Brian Glanville. Yes, we know he's a grumpy bastard, but he's also one of the greatest sports writers the UK ever had. (Also one of the very few people brave enough to tell Margaret Thatcher to her face she was wrong about something!) Often ahead of the game in his prime, and then if he was a little old man yells at clouds in his dotage, it was always interestingly written dotage. Anyhow, his weekly column ended last year after over 50 years, and the only articles he's had published in the last 15 months were on file obituaries written years ago (but given a slight polish). As he always struck me, and admitted himself, that he'd write until he dropped, this sudden cessation strikes me as worrisome. He'd be 90 in September if he makes it.

• Like 2