JR976evil

Journalists

Philippe Tesson, french journalist dead at 94. Breaking News here, he founded the « Quotidien de Paris » and worked for the most famous journals of the XXth century.

• Like 4

Brazilian journalist, reporter, and television presenter Gloria Maria, who has won many lifetime achievement awards from different organizations over the course of her career, died at 73 years:

https://g1.globo.com/rj/rio-de-janeiro/noticia/2023/02/02/gloria-maria-morre-no-rio.ghtml

She has done interviews with celebrities (Michael Jackson, Madonna, Freddie Mercury), reports on wars, and has travelled the world for her work. She was the first black reporter to be on Brazilian television.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

A jornalista, repórter e apresentadora de televisão brasileira Gloria Maria, que ganhou muitos prêmios pelo conjunto da obra de diferentes organizações ao longo de sua carreira, morreu aos 73 anos:

https://g1.globo.com/rj/rio-de-janeiro/noticia/2023/02/02/gloria-maria-morre-no-rio.ghtml

Ela fez entrevistas com celebridades (Michael Jackson, Madonna, Freddie Mercury), reportagens sobre guerras e viajou pelo mundo por seu trabalho. Foi a primeira repórter negra a estar na televisão brasileira.

If she were picked in in the deadpool derby would she be scored?

1 hour ago, diego said:

If she were picked in in the deadpool derby would she be scored?

Hi diego,

fpr dearby deadpool you would only win points for her death if one of the major UK news sources would mention her death (like BBC, The Guardian, Daily Mail,...).

At the moment only local news sorces from Brazil are reporting her death. But its quite possible that the UK-media will also publish an obituary in the next days, lets see.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Oi diego,

fpr dearby deadpool você só ganharia pontos por sua morte se uma das principais fontes de notícias do Reino Unido mencionasse sua morte (como BBC, The Guardian, Daily Mail,...).

No momento, apenas noticiários locais do Brasil estão relatando sua morte. Mas é bem possível que a mídia do Reino Unido também publique um obituário nos próximos dias, vamos ver.

Yes, my doubt is this same, if she gets some obit there valid for some competition site, if she can and you see can warn me?

4 minutes ago, diego said:

Yes, my doubt is this same, if she gets some obit there valid for some competition site, if she can and you see can warn me?

yes, sure. will keep you inform if there comes some valid obit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Sim, claro. irá mantê-lo informado se vier algum obit válido.

Thank you,i don't know if for the Death List Cup would also be valid,she was hospitalized since 4/1, but I did not choose because of this doubt

• Like 1

Press Association Rugby League correspondent Ian Laybourn has died aged 67. Only retired a couple of months ago.

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of Hilary Alexander, sometime fashion editor/director of The Daily Telegraph with numerous TV appearances: 

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1653798/

I know nothing about fashion as the vomit stain on the shirt I’m wearing testifies.

British journo and author Peter Millar (wiki) dead from a stroke at 67.

Times obit.

Known for his reporting of the Cold War and the fall of the Berlin War.

• Like 1

Henry McDonald (wiki), Northern Irish author and journo who was Ireland's correspondent for The Guardian and The Observer, reportedly dead:

• Like 2

Lorenzo "Lo" Jelks, Atlanta's first Black television news reporter, has died at 83, according to the Atlanta Press Club and CNN affiliate WSB.

After graduating from Clark College (now known as Clark Atlanta University), Jelks was hired in 1967 by WSB-TV, where he stayed for nearly a decade,

SC

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Tom Petrie, Sun news editor, and thus responsible for the classic headlines "Up Yours, Delors!" and "Freddie Starr ate my hamster", dead at 84:

https://pressgazette.co.uk/the-wire/obituaries/tom-petrie-obituary/

Interestingly Kelvin McKenzie (A figure famous enough to be on the main list someday) always claims it was him who wrote the later one. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Interestingly Kelvin McKenzie (A figure famous enough to be on the main list someday) always claims it was him who wrote the later one. 

Since its a good rule of thumb that if McKenzie said it then it's probably a lie, I think it's probably safe to give Petrie the credit. 

• Like 2

Former telegraph journalist Valerie Elliott has died aged 67. 

• Like 1