maryportfuncity

Comedians & Comedy Writers

The death of Frank Cady made me wonder how Sid Caesar is doing. For those who don't know why I mention it the answer is easy. They were both born on the 8th of September although Cady was 1915 and Sid was in 1922.

Also notice that CaDY is very very close alphabetically to CAEsar.

• Like 1

Duncan Norvelle, http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-18455361, best known for... well, I don't know really but I've heard of him anyway, has been in hospital for two months after a stroke

I remember him for "go on chase me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWbZzRvIXm8

Duncan Norvelle, http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-18455361, best known for... well, I don't know really but I've heard of him anyway, has been in hospital for two months after a stroke

"(ambulance) chase me!"

• Like 1

1980s light entertainment is so fucking weird to look back on, England seemingly changed into a completely different country around the early/mid 90s. Duncan Norvelle's delivery is strange, it's almost proto-Tim and Eric in his diction and timing.

Former Crackerjack star Stu Francis has replaced Norvelle on the summer season bill.

It's another world out there. A netherworld of has-beens and never-will-bes...

Guest Guest

The death of Frank Cady made me wonder how Sid Caesar is doing. For those who don't know why I mention it the answer is easy. They were both born on the 8th of September although Cady was 1915 and Sid was in 1922.

you really do have too much time on your hands!

you really do have too much time on your hands!

Perhaps.

I had this guy longlisted for 2012 (Franken did some sort of benefit concert that got play on some of the political blogs), but backed out because I wasn't sure he'd get a UK obit. I'm ready to be disappointed within a few days.

Brace yourself!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/07/20/uk-usa-tomdavis-idUKBRE86J00Y20120720

Another Saturday Night Live writer and the man partially responsible for John Belushi's death, Nelson Lyon, has died of liver cancer aged 73.

Lyon was also the man who gave Andy Warhol the idea of incorporating an actual zipper onto the cover the The Rolling Stones' album "Sticky Fingers"

Kind of a niche interest for me, but local Seattle clown and icon J.P. Patches, real name Chris Wedes, has died aged 84 of multiple myeloma.

Kind of a niche interest for me, but local Seattle clown and icon J.P. Patches, real name Chris Wedes, has died aged 84 of multiple myeloma.

I go to Seattle all the time, and I'm sure I remember seeing him. Jesus, he was way older than I thought, though.

Comic Tig Notaro has cancer. http://bigstory.ap.o...ome-swing-state

Aye, an odd one this. Had she died, UK obit chances marginal at best. But the noteriety, her book deal etc might boost those. Though, she's currently "beaten" it, hasn't she?

Just saw a clip on youTube which had a brief appearance by Bernie Clifton. I know he was mentioned at the beginning of this thread but I cannot find a reliable DOB for him. Wiki links to an article from 2006 which describes him as 70 years old which puts him at 1935 or 1936.

Anyone with better information?

Bernie Clifton - isn't he associated with that godawful tuneless so-called band that infests England football matches?

Bernie Clifton - isn't he associated with that godawful tuneless so-called band that infests England football matches?

I believe he serenades the England team on his trombone.

I believe he serenades the England team on his trombone.

Keep The Band Banned

Saw him about 6 weeks ago coming out the stage door of Lichfield Garrick Theatre having been on some Brummie comedy show. Looked very fit & healthy.

Saw him about 6 weeks ago coming out the stage door of Lichfield Garrick Theatre having been on some Brummie comedy show. Looked very fit & healthy.

Thank you Grande Pablo - this is very useful real intelligence.

I will not ask why you were hanging round the stage door of the Theatre in Lichfield.

• Like 1

Comic Tig Notaro has cancer. http://bigstory.ap.o...ome-swing-state

Aye, an odd one this. Had she died, UK obit chances marginal at best. But the noteriety, her book deal etc might boost those. Though, she's currently "beaten" it, hasn't she?

Her profile's been raised high enough for this.