maryportfuncity

Comedians & Comedy Writers

I too have no idea who any of these people are.

I do know, however, that podcast hosts can achieve a special connection with their listeners, which does make their loss harder to bear.

On the podcast tip, I had considered a Norm MacDonald Live theme team for this year's DDP but never got round to it. Looking at it now, the death rate for guests is spectacular:

Season 1 (2013)

Bob Einstein (died 2019)

Tom Green

Fred Stoller

Russell Brand

Billy Bob Thornton

Larry King (died 2021)

Kevin Nealon

Simon Hedberg

Nick Swardson

Andy Dick

Gilbert Gottfried (died 2022)

Season 2 (2014)

Ray Romano

Adam Sandler

David Spade

Carl Reiner (died 2020)
Fred Willard (died 2020)

Todd Glass

Bob Saget (died 2022)

David Koechner

Roseanne Barr

Marc Maron

Martin Mull

Jack Carter (died 2015)

I notice Martin Mull hasn't been in any TV shows or movies for nearly two years now...

• Like 2

On 26/07/2020 at 20:50, Whitehouse said:

Lately I begin to wonder if George Carlin really is dead. Cause for every situation there's a Carlin rant that's spot on! It's uncanny. Check out this example....

The original...

Patrick Carlin, a comedy writer and performer who was a major influence on his younger brother George Carlin, died Saturday at Kaiser Permanente hospital in Hollywood. He was 90.

Carlin’s death was confirmed by Kelly Carlin, his niece and daughter of George Carlin. George Carlin died at age 71 in June 2008

SC

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JQW said:

Reece Dinsdale reports the death of Eric Chappell, writer of Rising Damp and Home To Roost, amongst others:

https://twitter.com/reece_dinsdale/status/1517871582768738306

Third hit on my Theme Team when a QO arrives. Rising Damp wasn't consummate writing but by gawd with that cast it was AWESOME.

If he doesn't broadsheet, I'll be astonished, redtops should cover him. 

RIP.

• Like 3

It appears as if Tracy Kashi died a couple of days ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/04/2022 at 08:42, Spade_Cooley said:

On the podcast tip, I had considered a Norm MacDonald Live theme team for this year's DDP but never got round to it. Looking at it now, the death rate for guests is spectacular:

Season 1 (2013)

Bob Einstein (died 2019)

Tom Green

Fred Stoller

Russell Brand

Billy Bob Thornton

Larry King (died 2021)

Kevin Nealon

Simon Hedberg

Nick Swardson

Andy Dick

Gilbert Gottfried (died 2022)

Season 2 (2014)

Ray Romano

Adam Sandler

David Spade

Carl Reiner (died 2020)
Fred Willard (died 2020)

Todd Glass

Bob Saget (died 2022)

David Koechner

Roseanne Barr

Marc Maron

Martin Mull

Jack Carter (died 2015)

I notice Martin Mull hasn't been in any TV shows or movies for nearly two years now...

Andy Dick might not be a bad bet either.

Janey Godley posted this on Twitter a couple of hours ago. Sounds like she's been told her cancer is terminal to me.

"The constant fear of waking up in anxiety, the horrible knowledge that cancer will be a part of my life until I die now is overwhelming, I accept I must be brave but is bravery simply being alive and pushing down all the fears to get through the next hour? I’m scared"

28 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Janey Godley posted this on Twitter a couple of hours ago. Sounds like she's been told her cancer is terminal to me.

"The constant fear of waking up in anxiety, the horrible knowledge that cancer will be a part of my life until I die now is overwhelming, I accept I must be brave but is bravery simply being alive and pushing down all the fears to get through the next hour? I’m scared"

She was recently preparing for her "final" chemo treatment and hoped that the cancer would be gone:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/janey-godley-shares-positive-cancer-26986031

Maybe it wasn't a complete success?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

She was recently preparing for her "final" chemo treatment and hoped that the cancer would be gone:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/janey-godley-shares-positive-cancer-26986031

Maybe it wasn't a complete success?

She’s an epic bullshitter/attention seeker so I would take anything she says with a pinch of salt. If it was terminal though, we’d know because she’d be screaming about it and the Daily Record (or the “Daily Janey” as it should be known given their obsessive coverage of her) would do a 6 page spread on it.

• Haha 2

Yeah, I've very much filed Godley alongside Joe Exotic in terms of people who I'm not bothering to keep tabs on.

I find her as funny as cold dirty dishwater but I wish her no ill. It's the "now" in the comment that makes me wonder if she's had some very recent bad news. Of course, she may have just posted it in a moment of self-pity, which is fair enough and understandable.

• Like 2

On 13/04/2022 at 14:42, Spade_Cooley said:

Apparently Martin Mull does turn up in the new season of Grace and Frankie, so it looks like Willard Kraft is off the table for a pick.

On 01/02/2022 at 08:57, Sir Creep said:

Putting together a DL Cup team meant not mentioning this one til now.  A few teams (4?) listed this guy.

Comedian Mannerson Ochieng, popularly known as Akuku Danger, has been readmitted to hospital with breathing complications, days after he was discharged after a month-long stay.

SC

Akuku Danger hospitalised again:

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/entertainment/news/2001447523/akuku-danger-hospitalised-again

There's also some info on the previous hospitalisation when he had pneumonia and was in a coma for 4 days.

• Like 2

Watching Richard Osman's House of Games this week I can help worry about the long term viability of Les Dennis. I know this is a repeat from 2021 but he looks very florid

In the spirit of the show

"Looking at Les Dennis which organ would he articulate might fail?"

On 23/05/2022 at 11:27, Vinegar Tits said:

Far from it - the scan was late back but she’s clear.

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Far from it - the scan was late back but she’s clear.

The most useful cancer diagnosis to anyone, ever.

She was a cunt before she got it. Now all is forgiven. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Windsor said:

The most useful cancer diagnosis to anyone, ever.

She was a cunt before she got it. Now all is forgiven. 

Opinions of Godley aside (I think she’s grand), cancer doesn’t de-cunt people. Look at Farage; had a brush with cancer of the bollock, eventually turned into a massive cultural cancer himself.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TQR said:

Opinions of Godley aside (I think she’s grand), cancer doesn’t de-cunt people. Look at Farage; had a brush with cancer of the bollock, eventually turned into a massive cultural cancer himself.

Yes, but - forgive me if I’m mistaken - he didn’t go on to social media crying about his cancer at every turn in order to win the sympathy vote.

Possibly because he had an acceptance that he is, was, and shall be ever more a cunt.

Godley isn’t funny. She latches on to the brain dead nationalists who will laugh at anything if it’s derogatory against any form of unionism. 

Great she’s recovered in time to take part in Sturgeon’s pretenda-rendum though. 

9 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Yes, but - forgive me if I’m mistaken - he didn’t go on to social media crying about his cancer at every turn in order to win the sympathy vote.

Possibly because he had an acceptance that he is, was, and shall be ever more a cunt.

Godley isn’t funny. She latches on to the brain dead nationalists who will laugh at anything if it’s derogatory against any form of unionism. 

Great she’s recovered in time to take part in Sturgeon’s pretenda-rendum though. 

*asks self why I replied*