maryportfuncity

Comedians & Comedy Writers

Went to see 41st Best Stand-Up Stewart Lee earlier this year, and he'd definitely been enjoying the cakes during lockdown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone got a health update on Gallagher Two, Gallagher's brother who stole his act and went on the road smashing watermelons in smaller US towns?

Amazingly he was chosen in my wee home Deadpool.  
Gallagher was the worst ‘comedian’ of all time imho.  But smashing things with a wood mallet over and over (boy THAT’S funny) got him a mansion overlooking the ocean on Malibu Point, so what do I know?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ajlposh said:

Jay Leno has been hospitalized after a car in his garage caught on fire

FhjFqTyXEAIeSwe?format=jpg&name=medium

Uh oh

• Haha 7

On 02/06/2022 at 10:41, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Seems there won't  be any  sexual assault charges against Andy  Dick- the police investigation has been deactivated. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/andy-dick-not-charged-alleged-sexual-battery-case-rcna30788

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-news/andy-dick-register-sex-offender-sexual-battery-conviction-1234631459/amp/ :Andy Dick sentenced to 90 days in jail and must register as a sex offender.

A new documentary has come out about him on youtube and the fact he is still alive is quite incredible.

• Like 2

I knew he was totally messed up but when you watch the whole documentary you can't believe the guy hasn't overdosed , killed himself or been shot for his behaviour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I knew he was totally messed up but when you watch the whole documentary you can't believe the guy hasn't overdosed , killed himself or been shot for his behaviour.

The most note-worthy thing is all the Hollywood people accepting his behavior.

As the doc outlines, Kathy Griffin said of Andy Dick leaving in limousines with underage boys, "That's Andy Dick for ya!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaDeathGuy said:

The most note-worthy thing is all the Hollywood people accepting his behavior.

As the doc outlines, Kathy Griffin said of Andy Dick leaving in limousines with underage boys, "That's Andy Dick for ya!"

Hollywood is a cesspit and I'm not surprised by any of that.These people have defended monsters for years.

He has been protected for years but now his star has faded along with the protection, how he has avoided getting killed is a mystery.I mean he nearly did a few times but seems like the cat with 9 lives

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sean said:

Hollywood is a cesspit and I'm not surprised by any of that.These people have defended monsters for years.

He has been protected for years but now his star has faded along with the protection, how he has avoided getting killed is a mystery.I mean he nearly did a few times but seems like the cat with 9 lives

Remember Phil Hartman? Troy McClure/Lionel Hutz in The Simpsons but a string of popular TV and film in the 90s and genuinely very popular with fans. Murdered by his own wife, whom he had tried to protect from addiction for years, after she relapsed on cocaine and went psychotic.

Guess who supplied her with the cocaine then feigned ignorance at the results, despite her known history?

Andy Dick got away with indirectly killing one of Hollywood's most beloved actors. That he got away with harming others is no surprise.

He's a cunt.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, msc said:

Remember Phil Hartman? Troy McClure/Lionel Hutz in The Simpsons but a string of popular TV and film in the 90s and genuinely very popular with fans. Murdered by his own wife, whom he had tried to protect from addiction for years, after she relapsed on cocaine and went psychotic.

Guess who supplied her with the cocaine then feigned ignorance at the results, despite her known history?

Andy Dick got away with indirectly killing one of Hollywood's most beloved actors. That he got away with harming others is no surprise.

He's a cunt.

Jon Lovitz beat him up over it.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lovitz-beats-up-dick-all_n_56512

It was fight night at an L.A. comedy club last week when Jon Lovitz roughed up Andy Dick over the murder of their "Saturday Night Live" colleague, Phil Hartman.

Laugh Factory owner Jamie Masada, who witnessed the assault, said, "Jon picked Andy up by the head and smashed him into the bar four or five times, and blood started pouring out of his nose." Lovitz told Page Six, "All the comedians are glad I did it because this guy is a [bleep]hole."

Lovitz and Dick have been at loggerheads since a 1997 Christmas party at Hartman's house, five months before his troubled wife Brynn flipped out, fatally shooting Hartman, then killing herself. "Andy was doing cocaine, and he gave Brynn some after she had been sober for 10 years. Phil was furious about it - and then five months later he's dead," said Lovitz, adding that when he filled in on Hartman's "Newsradio" sitcom, "I told Andy, 'I wouldn't be here now if you hadn't given Brynn that cocaine.' "

Last year, Lovitz related, a drunken Dick strolled up to his table at Ago in West Hollywood, rudely downed his guests' peach liqueur drinks, and "looked at me and said, 'I put the "Phil Hartman hex" on you - you're the next one to die.' I said, 'What did you say?' and he repeated it. I wanted to punch his face in, but I don't hit women."

10 hours ago, msc said:

Well, you know what they say, Dick by name... 

17 hours ago, Sean said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-news/andy-dick-register-sex-offender-sexual-battery-conviction-1234631459/amp/ :Andy Dick sentenced to 90 days in jail and must register as a sex offender.

A new documentary has come out about him on youtube and the fact he is still alive is quite incredible.

I don’t really know who this bloke is, but it sounds like he deserves a thread.

He does really.He makes Artie Lange look stable.

Mods should just make these replies into his thread. He's 56 and apparently became homeless this year, then was brutally mugged, on top of everything else that's happening to him.

• Like 2

Catskills Comedian and former Dean of the New York Friars Club Freddie Roman has died

2263B21D-97A2-4B6E-B247-6D25EF48D5CB.jpeg

• Like 2

Christopher Douglas has announced the death of his Ed Reardon/Dave Podmore co-writer Andrew Nickolds on Monday. 

Very sad news - 'Ed Reardon's Week' is one of *the* great radio comedies.

Screenshot_20221203-010009_Twitter.jpg

• Like 1

On 03/12/2022 at 10:55, Youth in Asia said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-sandi-toksvig-hospital-pneumonia-28644428

Sandi Toksvig has bronchal pneumonia, and also looks a bit like the guy in the post directly above.

1_GMB.jpg

I see her neck has disappeared again...

Nah, I heart Sandi - anyone who does a feature about spontaneous combusion on a kids TV programme is alright by me, so I hope she gets well soon.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 21:47, ajlposh said:

Budd Friedman, founder of the legendary Improv comedy club, has died

Less than a month later, Budd Friedman's ex-wife, Silver Saundors Friedman, joins him in the afterlife: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/09/theater/silver-saundors-friedman-dead.html

She helped co-found the Improv. The pair had one child before divorcing. Budd Friedman was survived by second wife, Alix, with whom he had four kids.

• Like 1