Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Possible Other Profession-specific Threads For This Forum

The best thing about starting to post on DL is that for your first five weeks or so, every post you make about a death or dying celebrity gets moved elsewhere. We've got capsules for musicians (general), drummers (general), country singers, rappers, jazz types and folkies. Footballers have a thread, as do rugby players, boxers, baseballers, ice hockey players and gridiron types, but from memory none for cricketers. Politicians have a thread, but there's a side thread for African leaders. This can be confusing for a n00b, so can we make it more confusing? What other niche careers, roles, gimmicks or otherwise could we feasibly start threads on for keeping a tab on the health of all involved?

And is anyone bored enough to maybe put together a list of all the theme threads for easy access? Thought not.

The best thing about starting to post on DL is that for your first five weeks or so, every post you make about a death or dying celebrity gets moved elsewhere. We've got capsules for musicians (general), drummers (general), country singers, rappers, jazz types and folkies. Footballers have a thread, as do rugby players, boxers, baseballers, ice hockey players and gridiron types, but from memory none for cricketers. Politicians have a thread, but there's a side thread for African leaders. This can be confusing for a n00b, so can we make it more confusing? What other niche careers, roles, gimmicks or otherwise could we feasibly start threads on for keeping a tab on the health of all involved?

And is anyone bored enough to maybe put together a list of all the theme threads for easy access? Thought not.

There is a cricket thread. So I suggest you don't use your memory, try the search function. It works.

What about:

Lottery adjudicators and voice-over men with the balls type presenters

Contestants on 15-1

Celebrity buddhists

Extras in Eastenders

Big Brother failures (In Memoriam of JG)

Blue Peter dogs and other CBBC presenters

I feel all of the above subjects are under represented on the DL.

Oh and what about a Greco-Roman wrestling thread?

What about:

Big Brother failures (In Memoriam of JG)

"You're dead on Channel 4, please do not swear"?

The traditional DL approach to this problem is: someone starts a topic. Sometimes we already have something similar, so the topics are merged by a Moderator. If the topic stays it'll probably live forever. Since there's no such thing as a Moderation Policy, this all happens haphazardly, which confuses newbie members no end.

I rather like it this way. Apart from the endless amusement in shouting "Wrong topic!" to newbies, it gives this forum a natural feeling. I don't think I'd like a more organised way.

Oh, and no indeed, I don't feel like putting such a list together.

regards,

Hein

"People flow analysts" ?

Anal retentive DL forum participants.

Do we have a thread for inventors? Theyre always dying and obits are easy because their products are so famous.

Anorexics

I'm backing you on this one Handi. As we have a thread for fat people, we should have one for extreamly thin people and those with eating disorders who put their lives at risk having such a low bmi index as to raise concern. Make it so...

Illiterate Big Brother contenders.

Well there ain't any literate Big Brother contenders, that's a fact.