Paul Bearer

Not Seen Any Good Films/movies

Went to the Minions on Sunday.

If you have seen the trailer then all the best gags are in there.

Pretty surreal.

That's a real shame. Thanks for the heads up. Love the idea the minions could have a back story and "legs" in a franchise way, but to get the drift that their "legs" are similarly stunted gives me no pleasure to hear.

• Like 1

I just saw birdman I serously don't get the appeal. It's the most random film I've ever seen

Garbage. The movie, not your post :-|

I've now gone back and see all the nominated movies, and surely it's subjective, but for me the two best movies I saw were Whiplash and The Theory of Everything. Gun to my head, Whiplash was the best movie of 2014.

SC

I have now seen both and I can agree whiplash and the theory of everything are excellent movie's

whiplash and interstellar are both brilliant movies.

But neither of them deserving of a capital letter....

But neither of them deserving of a capital letter....

i would go ahead and say these things are of little important on an internet forum, and would further suggest that those who get wound up by it should turn off their computer once in a while

Went to see Inside Out at the weekend.

I really enjoyed it but a kids movie - seriously?

• Like 1

Tell you what, caught "The One I Love" on Netflix and it's the closest I think anyone's come to capturing the spirit of a prime episode of The Twilight Zone in 50 years.

If you have Netflix you might like to see dream girls

If you have Netflix you might like to see dream girls

Why fork out for Netflix when I can just dream??

Went to see Inside Out at the weekend.

I really enjoyed it but a kids movie - seriously?

I liked a lot, really clever concept, kinda like the old Numbskulls comic from the Beano only more advanced

• Like 1

Just saw inside out and I think it's one of the best movies I've ever seen

Just saw inside out and I think it's one if the best movies I've ever seen

That either means you've seen very few other films or you're a fucking retard

I'm prepared to be charitable and assume you've seen few other films.

• Like 1

Holy shit, Tempus! Stay and play, seriously, there are loads of newbies here all of them so innocent they think I'm cynical and sarcastic.

• Like 5

Lolzers :D

nah I've seen tons of movies and I still love inside out but hey I bet since I like inside out I am magically a moron in fact how do I even type. I bet all the people that like it too like Oliver Sachs who worked on inside to make it accurate or all those critics that include Steven Spielberg are as well

nah I've seen tons of movies and I still love inside out but hey I bet since I like inside out I am magically a moron in fact how do I even type. I bet all the people that like it too like Oliver Sachs who worked on inside to make it accurate or all those critics that include Steven Spielberg are as well

It's a piece of cynical corporate crap whose primary purpose is to maximise income streams via licensing agreements.

I will admit, it's very cleverly packaged and designed to appeal to the widest possible demographic. Ultimately it's a soulless, cold exercise of merchandising.

• Like 1

It's a piece of cynical corporate crap whose primary purpose is to maximise income streams via licensing agreements.

Isn't that the primary purpose of 99% of Hollywood movies??

Inside Out is a really great film and I won't be supprised if it gets 3 or 4 Oscars. Pixar have always made good (Cars 2 excepted) well considered films. Much better than Dreamworks. Animation as a medium is limiting and they pushed the boat out with this one. Not just in budget, but the lengths that were considered to achieve the final look they produced. Joy's energy construction is amazing to the eye, and whence she goes she leaves a little bit of wonder-fullness behind her. Bound to get the animation Oscar but many routine technical ones could follow, maybe even story. Because in essance that's life, growing up, and maturing into adult life. Not noticing that we were all children once, and it is for us to use our emotions for betterment of ourselves and the others around us every day, demeans the very life and the liberties we hold dear.

p.s. We have every Pixar Film on DVD excepting just 3, Planes (not the best), Planes 2 (why bother when Planes was poor) and Brave (looks like a girls film) since our 10 year old head of house very much still appreciates the animated art form.

• Like 2

"Inside Out" is basically just The Numbskulls from the Dandy, right?

• Like 1

There is a wonderful moment in Inside Out when Joy knocks over two boxes containing 'opinions' and 'facts' and struggles to tell them apart.

There are a lot of touches like that but I think a large amount of it would go over the head of the intended demographic.

I end up watching quite a few animated movies and this was up there but I don't imagine it is one I would own on DVD. However I watched Howl's Moving Castle for the first time last week which was amazing.

• Like 1

On a whim went to see the new Men From UNCLE film directed by Guy Ritchie.

It was surprisingly good fun and even Mrs Bibliogryphon who is often sceptical of these things enjoyed herself.

It is also an answer to a question: name me a film in which Hugh Grant isn't really annoying.

On a whim went to see the new Men From UNCLE film directed by Guy Ritchie.

It was surprisingly good fun and even Mrs Bibliogryphon who is often sceptical of these things enjoyed herself.

It is also an answer to a question: name me a film in which Hugh Grant isn't really annoying.

Do they have to be films Hugh Grant is actually in?

• Like 5

There is a wonderful moment in Inside Out when Joy knocks over two boxes containing 'opinions' and 'facts' and struggles to tell them apart.

There are a lot of touches like that but I think a large amount of it would go over the head of the intended demographic.

I end up watching quite a few animated movies and this was up there but I don't imagine it is one I would own on DVD. However I watched Howl's Moving Castle for the first time last week which was amazing.

Agreed on Howl's Moving Castle, one of Studio Ghibli's finest works. Spirited Away is the one that gets all the attention (first one to really impact on the Western mainstream), but HMC is that studio's true masterpiece.

The movie has a few guffaws and I liked Nolte and Redford together, but stick to Bill Bryson's book re: A Walk in the Woods. I suppose if you have read it you'll enjoy the flick but it's not much of a story to someone who hasn't IMHO. Tons left out and to that end disappointing. Give it a B-

SC