Sign in to follow this  
Davey Jones' Locker

Cora Vaucaire

<disclaimer>I think this will be a very quiet thread but what the hell? </disclaimer>

I have just been listening to the *absolutely lovely* French singer, Cora Vaucaire. and I decided to look her up. To my surprise, she is still alive, having been born in 1921. Do any French speaking Death Listers have more info on her health?

For those who want to listen to Madam Vaucaire at her best, I recommend her version of Prevert's song, "Demons et Merveilles." (Just trying to add a touch of class to DeathList!)

<disclaimer>I think this will be a very quiet thread but what the hell? </disclaimer>

I have just been listening to the *absolutely lovely* French singer, Cora Vaucaire. and I decided to look her up. To my surprise, she is still alive, having been born in 1921. Do any French speaking Death Listers have more info on her health?

For those who want to listen to Madam Vaucaire at her best, I recommend her version of Prevert's song, "Demons et Merveilles." (Just trying to add a touch of class to DeathList!)

I never like to see a decent thread sink with no replies, so I've had a listen. Mind you, I'll do anything to block out the horrific screaming sounds coming from "One Born Every Minute" which Mrs DDT insists on watching.

Yes she does have a lovely voice, but I'm afraid I have been able to find no information whatsoever about her current circumstances. I wonder how many more posts there will be on this thread until the inevitable dead stamp brings things to a natural conclusion.

I see her husband was Michel Vaucaire, the lyricist who wrote Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien amongst others.

In a sad end to a neglected thread, Cora died in September.

This may have been mentioned, though it didn't come up in searches. I certainly wasn't doing a search on DDT's posts to see if he'd mentioned any good picks that had been forgotten and came across this thread, honest. (Actually, I thought to myself: "I'll just see if there's been any updates, just so the next post isn't from some sod who updates a 9 month dead thread just to tell us the person is dead... :blush: )

No British obits at all either.

No British obits at all either.

I can never remember if this counts as an obituary? I suppose it technically does?