The Four Horsemen

Cricket Thread. Only Mad Dogs And Englishmen

Spectacular, Englandesque bit of choking (by no means for the first time) by host nation South Africa in the Twenty20 World Cup, as they fail to reach the semi-finals.

God, I hate Saffers. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha etc.

Including Kevin Pietersen?

Just kidding, doesn't everyone hate them?

Spectacular, Englandesque bit of choking (by no means for the first time) by host nation South Africa in the Twenty20 World Cup, as they fail to reach the semi-finals.

Especially Kevin 'FIGJAM' Pietersen. I was going to put him and his mercenary ilk (bloody ilks!!) in Room 101 but I'll content myself with a brief mention here...

I HATE KEVIN PIETERSEN!!!! AND HIS ILK!!!!! :unsure:

Especially Kevin 'FIGJAM' Pietersen. I was going to put him and his mercenary ilk (bloody ilks!!) in Room 101 but I'll content myself with a brief mention here...

I HATE KEVIN PIETERSEN!!!! AND HIS ILK!!!!! :rip:

That Graham Smith is another one. I f*****g HATE HIM!!! Why don't you do the decent thing Graham and fly into a hill like Hansie Cronje did? There's a good lad.

I HATE KEVIN PIETERSEN!!!! AND HIS ILK!!!!! :rip:

That Graham Smith is another one. I f*****g HATE HIM!!! Why don't you do the decent thing Graham and fly into a hill like Hansie Cronje did? There's a good lad.

Anyone like Matt Hayden? Born-again Christian too - just to add to the charm.

Goodness me this thread's quiet.

Ah well, although I'm usually against crowing, this time I can't help myself. Caw, caw.

The problem is, generally speaking, Cricket is sh*t.

Nobody gives a stuff about it until we all get to hear that we are doing so brilliantly that we may actually win something.

It goes into the same pot as Rugby Union, we all take to the streets when we win something, up until then we dont care.

Englands latest disaster hasnt even made page twenty something, most of us dont even know we are on tour and, consequently, we care not.

Im afraid the English like big round balls, which is why our Football Terraces are pretty healthy in terms of bodies and our Cricket grounds resemble morgues without the ambiance.

Well done anyway :(

The next match from Napier is due to start in 3 minutes - I trust everyone is glued to Sky/TMS in eager anticipation.

Found this quietly ironic, page from the ECB about how dynamic English Women's Cricket is......only they still haven't got round to updating the page to include the lasses winning the ashes!

Seem to be doing slightly better in the current test, however.

Probably time for some unseasonal rain in Wellington.

Of interest, Lancashire's last amateur captain, Joe Blackledge has died at the age of 79. He played for only one season, with little success for either himself or his team, but served as President in 2001-02.

New Zealand international of times gone by Merv Wallace is no longer with us, hence the Kiwi's black armbands yesterday, for both of you who watched.

New Zealand international of times gone by Merv Wallace is no longer with us, hence the Kiwi's black armbands yesterday, for both of you who watched.

I watched, and I'm watching now. Through my fingers.

Not now, surely.

Well Gunja, two average sides produced a fairly interesting (to me, at least) series. Terrific knock from debutant Tim Southee at the death, too.

See you in the (our) summer, old bean.

You're dead right 'Arry, it was a pretty good series from both sides considering it was number five versus number seven. Not quite the same as Australia against India or South Africa but entertaining nonetheless. Funny series too, considering they've played half of it here, then five weeks off and back into over there!

Couldn't agree more about Southee's knock, good stuff indeed. Ryan Sidebottom's made himeself a few fans while here, a real competitor.

See you in the winter, although that's rugby o'clock, and no one will care.

So...after 3 weeks of cloudless skies, temperatures in the mid-70's, swallows returning from their annual break in Africa and general meteorlogical niceness, it's the first day of the first England v New Zealand test....

and it's pissing it down.

So...after 3 weeks of cloudless skies, temperatures in the mid-70's, swallows returning from their annual break in Africa and general meteorlogical niceness, it's the first day of the first England v New Zealand test....

and it's pissing it down.

Chirpy Kiwis everywhere then.

Our office is about three miles from Lord's and about two drops of rain per hour are currently falling. Maybe it's monsooning in St John's Wood, but if not why aren't they playing? Oh, I see, it's almost time for lunch, so they don't want to be late for that. Only the English could invent a sport entirely dependant on fair weather, play it in a country where it so often isn't, and subsequently teach much of the rest of the world to be better than them.

And tennis.

• Like 1