The Four Horsemen

Cricket Thread. Only Mad Dogs And Englishmen

Actually I missed it completly as there was an even more absorbing programme about fly fishing on another channel. Damn..

Why would anyone fish for flies? Surely they don't taste very nice.

• Like 1

Why would anyone fish for flies?  Surely they don't taste very nice.

As Kermit the Frog would put it: time's fun when you're having flies.

regards,

Hein

We're going to cock it up, aren't we....Jones was just bowled by lee

Urgh......

Actually England is doing ok so far. 341 for 8 in the first innings on day 2 of the final test when I last checked. They only need to draw this match to win the series.

By the way, there is already a related thread right here.

[Mods, please merge]

[Done -- MH]

Well merged, chaps...I can't believe this series - they can't even play a first innings without turning it into another nail-chewing horror show...

Oh Hoggard's just gone c Martyn b McGrath. Should be all over before lunch then...

I've been discussing this match on a couple of cricket forums (or fora if you insist). There are plenty of them around. One member of the cricketwebnet forum has more than 32,000 posts to his name which the likes of TF can only dream about.

I'm going on Monday, by the way - if it's still going then. :D

For those people who would rather watch grass grow than cricket, don't worry you could still be of use in this time of need.

If your grass is wet due to precipitation this could mean rain is heading to the Oval (thats South London for those not in the know).

I would suggest we set up a rain report.

I am next to St Pauls (thats central london - non Brits) and it is sunny with hardly a cloud in the sky. Damn. :(

If there is no rain on the horizon I will be suggesting a coordinated rain dance

:old::pop::banghead::eshock::D:grave:

(which would look something like this)

I am next to St Pauls (thats central london - non Brits) and it is sunny with hardly a cloud in the sky. Damn. :D

Nice weather here too, tho since I'm only about 1/2 a mile from St Pauls that's not too surprising.

Pity Jones is out really...watched the first hour after lunch and it looks like Hayden and Langer are starting to up the runrate big time. Need wickets, guys, need wickets.

Or rain....

Place: West London

Time: Tea on the 2nd Day

Weather: Really nasty black clouds in every direction, no rain yet, but here's hoping!

DWB :D

It's raining hard down here, our weather usually arrives in London the next day (if the winds blowing in the right direction)

Place: West London

Time: Tea on the 2nd Day

Weather: Really nasty black clouds in every direction, no rain yet, but here's hoping!

DWB  :D

Well here's hoping - I reckon we need to lose a good 2 sessions tomorrow if we're going to get away with this.

I heard Richie Benaud saying that he saw Alec Bedser today and he is in his 80s - candidate for next year? Probably very healthy I'd guess - sportsmen tend to live a long time so long as they don't fall off the booze and drugs wagon after they retire.

It's raining hard down here, our weather usually arrives in London the next day (if the winds blowing in the right direction)

Hmmm - not sure that helps much in Devon, does it? My folks used to live there and they said that if you could see the Isle of Lundy it was going to rain and if you couldn't, then it was raining already....

Oh hurrah - bad light stopped play - umpires offered the light after tea and the Aussies took it! What's that about? They have to win!

I'm a bit confused too. But hey you know how clever these aussies are :D

Richie Benaud retiring will surely leading to a 2006 nomination.

Hmmm - not sure that helps much in Devon, does it? My folks used to live there and they said that if you could see the Isle of Lundy it was going to rain and if you couldn't, then it was raining already....

Don't know where the nearest farm land is to The Oval, but if you see any cows lying down in fields, that's a sure sign of rain on the way (they don't like to get

their undersides wet)

I think he has retired because he has got the hump over the cricket coverage going to sky. Don't think he is ill in anyway. Similar consideration should be given to Murray Walker perhaps?

I'm a bit confused too. But hey you know how clever these aussies are :D

Richie Benaud retiring will surely leading to a 2006 nomination.

Yeah but he's only 74 I think. And a fitness nut (he goes power walking at 5.30 every morning , for God's sake). I reckon he'll hang on for a good few years yet.

Re the cows, I'm afraid we're a bit short of them in EC2 - which is strange given the amount of bulls*it in the area...

Don't know where the nearest farm land is to The Oval, but if you see any cows lying down in fields, that's a sure sign of rain on the way (they don't like to get

their undersides wet)

That's British cows then. When it rains Dutch cows turn their arse in the wind and go on with their business.

regards,

Hein

their undersides wet)

That's British cows then. When it rains Dutch cows turn their arse in the wind and go on with their business.

regards,

Hein

From what I hear from a mate of mine who works for a Dutch bank, his management do that too...

Ok ok I was only trying to stay on the website topic, this could be the start of DL nominations from the world of cricket thread?

correct vile, lots of W**nkers...........i mean bankers around here. :D

Update from EC2 is umbrellas are shut and bowler hats are dry.

Rain in West London! Hurrah!

Lets hope that it rains again tomorrow.

Regards,

ff :banghead:

From what I hear from a mate of mine who works for a Dutch bank, his management do that too...

That doesn't surprise me a bit. Of course, their business consists mostly of lunch and dinner.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1