The Four Horsemen

Cricket Thread. Only Mad Dogs And Englishmen

Banshees - just ignore him - its just giving him the oppertunity to keep posting.

Bruno will be very upset if he returns to find that TF has overtaken him in the post table.

Wouldn't want to upset Bruno, that would be a crime.

:lol: (x19)

Good. Can we now get back to cricket, please?

BTW: I like your Malevich avatar.

regards,

Hein

Yup, we're arrogant, but hey! We're going to stuff the Aussies in this test at least! :lol:  :)  :lol:

(and yes, I'm prepared to have this one bite me on the arse if it rains for the next 3 days)

Cricket, some say is the sporting equivalent of war ie 99% boredom, 1% terror.

A bit like painting or perhaps golf?

A five test series is a form of preparation for death, after enduring the full series,death seems positively welcome. Wars are over in less time,than this futile sport takes to decide who wins a cup full of ashes.

That's fine Tempus, you don't have to watch it. How about the spectacle of 22 numbskulls hoofing a bit of leather up and down a field for 90 minutes, I'm sure that's much more your cup of tea. And we've got at least 9 more months of that to look forward to. :D

That's fine Tempus, you don't have to watch it. How about the spectacle of 22 numbskulls hoofing a bit of leather up and down a field for 90 minutes, I'm sure that's much more your cup of tea. And we've got at least 9 more months of that to look forward to. :lol:

Thanks for reminding me. :lol:

It would be nice to be to be able to hibernate during the footy season.

yeah, this cricket is really boring, especially this morning. Players on both sides acknowledging each other's talent, smiling when they get lucky or unlucky, dealing with it when the calls go against them. Horrible stuff.

Do you actually read what you're writing,or is it more like a stream of consciousness?

Pot/Kettle/Black I think.

yeah, this cricket is really boring, especially this morning.  Players on both sides acknowledging each other's talent, smiling when they get lucky or unlucky, dealing with it when the calls go against them.  Horrible stuff.

Sissies.

I always thought those lengths of wood were intended for hitting opponents over the head in a manly fashion. I suppose it's gone downhill when the batters started wearing armour.

regards,

Hein

Football, absolutely loathe it. A detestable pastime of the lower orders.

I respectfully disagree with you. It is the most popular sport in the world. :lol:

Football, absolutely loathe it. A detestable pastime of the lower orders.

I respectfully disagree with you. It is the most popular sport in the world. :lol:

Not according to this Table.

Football

Football, known as the “King of Sports”, is the most popular sport in the world. It is a sport that draws together the young and old throughout the five continents of the world: from Rio de Janeiro, to the foot of mount Caucasus, USA, to Nairobi streets. It comes as no surprise then that all big Football tournaments and championships are watched by millions of spectators around the world.

hmmm, which resource to believe? The official website of the Athens Olympics, which lists football as the world's most popular sport, or Johann and Sandra's webpage, which plumps for volleyball as played by four times as many people as football?

Decisions, decisions.....

Meanwhile, I'm off down Hackney for some enthralling marsh volleyball

Football may be the most popular in terms of people who watch it, but not when it comes to active participation.

In her autobiography, which I have never read, Victoria Beckham says:

"When I go to matches, I don't watch the ball. I watch David."

Clearly, there were always "trust issues" in the relationship, if that's the kind of surveillance the poor bloke was subjected to :lol:

Football may be the most popular in terms of people who watch it, but not when it comes to active participation.

In her autobiography, which I have never read, Victoria Beckham says:

"When I go to matches, I don't watch the ball. I watch David."

Clearly, there were always "trust issues" in the relationship, if that's the kind of surveillance the poor bloke was subjected to :lol:

;):lol::lol:

If England win the Ashes, it will be the birth of English arrogance I can assure you!

DWB  :(

England has won the fourth test match in the Ashes series by 3 wickets, after forcing Australia to follow on for the first time in 17 years.

They now have a 2-1 lead against Australia with one match to go.

Losing a test series to England will surely put a dent in Aussie cricket arogance. :o

England lead Ashes after epic win

Edited by football_fan

so who won the cricket? I, along with my 800 million fellow fans, was watching volleyball on Eurosport....

so who won the cricket? I, along with my 800 million fellow fans, was watching volleyball on Eurosport....

Actually I missed it completly as there was an even more absorbing programme about fly fishing on another channel. Damn..

Guest Shane Warne

I don't know what all the fuss is about, really. I much prefer watching the paint dry on the wall of my beautiful new mansion.