The Four Horsemen

Cricket Thread. Only Mad Dogs And Englishmen

That's British cows then. When it rains Dutch cows turn their arse in the wind and go on with their business.

From what I hear from a mate of mine who works for a Dutch bank, his management do that too...

That doesn't surprise me a bit. Of course, their business consists mostly of lunch and dinner.

regards,

Hein

How do you get 12 Dutch bankers in a Mini?

Promote one and the other eleven will crawl up his arse...

• Like 1

Interesting how many people on DL appear to follow the greatest sport in the world. Don't think you would get as many replies in a forum devoted to football.

Interesting how many people on DL appear to follow the greatest sport in the world. Don't think you would get as many replies in a forum devoted to football.

Can't say I follow cricket. Watching it is about as exciting as watching cows graze.

regards,

Hein

Can't say I follow cricket. Watching it is about as exciting as watching cows graze.

regards,

Hein

You can't do that in the rain either, unless the cows are Dutch, of course.

Probably because the activities are similar - hours and days of patience, study and speculation followed by occasional spasms of excitement when another one is "out"

Place: West London

Time: Tea on the 2nd Day

Weather: Really nasty black clouds in every direction, no rain yet, but here's hoping!

DWB :banghead:

Cloudy and threatening rain here in Welsh Wales boyo, isn't it? Not that anyone in EC2 would give a rats, but I was feeling a bit left out so just had to post here with the weather update here. :D

I've been discussing this match on a couple of cricket forums (or fora if you insist). There are plenty of them around. One member of the cricketwebnet forum has more than 32,000 posts to his name which the likes of TF can only dream about.

I'm going on Monday, by the way - if it's still going then.  :lol:

Cerberus, it looks like you will get your wish, as play was stopped prematurely due to bad light today. The weather forecast looks good for tomorrow at the Oval.

By this time tomorrow, England should have reclaimed the Ashes Series from Australia for the first time in 19 years. :lol:

Guest Aussie Battler

You Pommie bastards were saved by the weather.

Typical pommie trick, to get it to piss down.

We don't control the weather, you know.

Anyway, you guys were served in the 3rd test by the weather, so what are you complaining about????

Anyway, you guys were served in the 3rd test by the weather, so what are you complaining about????

This is probobly one of the rare times you would call on a

individual such as Weatherman90. :lol:

England won fair and square. Australia lost because they played poorly. :lol:

Regards,

ff

We don't control the weather, you know.......

Once upon a time.............

............... there was a long drought in Central Africa. The witch doctor had tried all his rainmaking dances, imprecations, but to no avail.

One of the elders observed that rain was never a problem in England, so why not send the witch doctor to London to learn the secret. Off he went to England, learned the secret, and returned to the tribe.

He informed the leaders that these crazy white men had a big paddock of grass enclosed by a white picket fence. In the middle were two lots of sticks driven into the ground. Two men, each with a club, stood next to these sticks and waited for a lot of other men to spread themselves all over the paddock. Then two more men, wearing black trousers, four sweaters and six hats, came out to keep a close watch on the men with the clubs. Then one man got a red rock and threw it at one of the fellers with a club.

And down came the rain!

This is probobly one of the rare times you would call on a

individual such as Weatherman90. :lol:

He'll get the blame anyway

Looking bad again - we're 89 for 3 with Bell gone for a duck...reckon if we don't bat 'til tea we're stuffed....

Hmmm England are now 126 for 5 and are just 132 runs ahead of Australia. It looks like it will be an exciting finish.

Well, a fitting victory and 2-1 to England - what odds on Sir Michael Vaughan in the New Years Honours?

Nice to see that there's been an outbreak of cricket popularity - must be that cricket and Deathlist require a similar level of intellect...........now let's see who comments on that statement first!

I will now confirm that all Aussies are to be constantly mocked for the next two years. Not only did we beat them in the Rugby world cup final, we have now wrested the Ashes back from their grasp. Clearly, they are losing their aura of sporting invincibility and we are once again their masters. And it's payback time for all the "arrogant Pommie" comments and such.

:rip::lol::D:D:D:D:D:D