The Four Horsemen

Cricket Thread. Only Mad Dogs And Englishmen

Me. And the added bonus is that I work near the hotel where the England team are staying at the moment--I get to see their glum faces as they traipse between the hot breakfast buffet and the team bus in the morning. :)

I don't like the cut of your jib, sonny :)

I don't understand what you are getting at Mz Tits.

I merely replied to G5K that indeed I am still interested regardless of who is playing well.

I also described the joy I felt--which indeed any cricket fan would share--at seeing first-class cricketers in their midst, on a few otherwise monotonous work days. In addition, I gave an account of what I thought their mental status was at the time I glimpsed them sucking down their bacon and egg sarnies.

It perplexes me why my reply to G5K and me being a fan on-the-spot goads you so much, girlie. :)

Plenty to be arrogant about today, I reckon!

GO AUSSIE!!

Still don't understand why they didn't enforce the follow-on. It's not as though the Aussie fielders and bowlers can have been tired or anything after England's first innings. Sometimes cricketers can be a little too clever for their own good. Ponting's a hell of a batsman, maybe not the greatest captain, although with all that talent on his side it doesn't really matter.

Ah well, at least England can bask in the glory of its international football er rugby um darts team.

Chuckle chuckle fall about.....don't ask me - just because I used to play cricket at school doesn't mean I actually know anything about it....

Anyone still care now that Australia's playing well again?

Me. And the added bonus is that I work near the hotel where the England team are staying at the moment--I get to see their glum faces as they traipse between the hot breakfast buffet and the team bus in the morning. :lol:

Choke on your Weetabix today Honez?

Don't you mean Weet-Bix? Either way, not really.

Not Adelaide, but I'll comment anyway. Another wicket down. Prepare for the follow on.

Don't you mean Weet-Bix? Either way, not really.

Would you look at that! There's something wrong with your weet-bix link Honez. Looks like they're only a summer brekkie.

I'm a big cricket fan, but have deliberately abstained from posting here, as I know from bitter experience the pains of supporting England and the resultant hubris from premature congratulation

Fair play to the convicts, they played superbly, but not playing 'The Best Finger Spinner In The World' ( © Duncan Fletcher) must rank as one of the worst decisions Fletcher has ever made

I'm a big cricket fan, but have deliberately abstained from posting here, as I know from bitter experience the pains of supporting England and the resultant hubris from premature congratulation

Fair play to the convicts, they played superbly, but not playing 'The Best Finger Spinner In The World' ( © Duncan Fletcher) must rank as one of the worst decisions Fletcher has ever made

Agreed - why are they not playing Panesaar and Mahmoud? They were both pretty decent last summer, and would appear to have done little to lose their spots. Certainly not to the likes of Giles or Anderson, who have collectively done nothing in two matches. Surely it can't be because Fletcher actually gives credence to the notion that prospective barracking from the Aussie crowd would put either Monty or Mahmoud off. Get 'em in there, Read too while you're at it.

<---- One pom who is not supprised in the least that the lads lost another ashes test. Said to the wife the other day it was silly to declare at the end of the second day and she said "that it was imposible to lose it from 500 odd runs up". Well the heck she knows about our abiltity to have inopertune batting collaspses. So adept are we that nearly every other test contains one! So I think its about time to just let the Aussies keep the silly little pot.

Weet-Bix 2 Weetabix 0 :P

Well that was rather exciting! A test match followed by a 20-20 run chase at the end. What jolly fun.

Agreed....bloody marvellous......

and you redcoats should probably stop calling us convicts - those grapes are very sour....

and you redcoats should probably stop calling us convicts - those grapes are very sour....

To be fair, you make much better wine from those sour grapes than we do with ours...

To be fair, you make much better wine from those sour grapes than we do with ours...

Cheers.....I think....

An absolute bloody disaster. I lost a night's sleep for that!

Shane Warne should be knighted though, he is a great among greats...

If England lose, does Sir Flintoff have to give his gong back to HRH?

An absolute bloody disaster. I lost a night's sleep for that!

Good God, man, do you really think he is the stuff knights are made of?

Perhaps that should be "nights"?

Good God, man, do you really think he is the stuff knights are made of?

That's wood, innit?

regards,

Hein

Ah, very good, Hein, very good indeed!

I hesitate to say too much about Mr. Warne, not wishing to incur the wrath of my Aussie compatriots, however as a man he leaves much to be desired, but as a cricketer he is indeed one of our greats.

Amazing - they pick Panesar, he takes 5 wickets, Oz all out for 244. Sometimes sports coaches are waaaaay too clever for their own good.

I say from now on they let the public pick the team, X Factor style. I'd have Ray and Leona opening the batting.

• Like 1