Guest Tom Green

Who Will Be The First Rolling Stone To Die?

3 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Not strange at all .It predates this thread.

It is when Mick Jagger doesn't have his own thread...

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Mick Jagger's never done a "hey, my vices nearly totally killed me" front page spread, iirc.

8 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Assuming you're either both young or and ignorant.... yes, it takes the lungs about 3-4 years to fully recover from the grime of smoking, and I mean recover fully.
I just had chest x-rays 18 months ago and the x-ray tech said I had the 'biggest clean lungs' she had seen.  I told her that is interesting seeing as I smoked from age 13-34 (I'm 54).  I won't bore you with the whole conversation but suffice she confirmed the above info.

SC

Full recovery... sounds good... too good!  I'm 55, I hold a MSc and I say that's bs. Do you really believe a x-ray tech.

16 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Assuming you're either both young or and ignorant.... yes, it takes the lungs about 3-4 years to fully recover from the grime of smoking, and I mean recover fully.
I just had chest x-rays 18 months ago and the x-ray tech said I had the 'biggest clean lungs' she had seen.  I told her that is interesting seeing as I smoked from age 13-34 (I'm 54).  I won't bore you with the whole conversation but suffice she confirmed the above info.

SC

Boasting about totally beating cancer, eh?

*listens to Sir Creep's first rule of deadpooling*

*adds Sir Creep to 2018 shortlist*

:lol:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, msc said:

Mick Jagger's never done a "hey, my vices nearly totally killed me" front page spread, iirc.

Yeah, but you would've expected some idiot guest to make a thread for him by now because they wanted to see him on the list. 

Oh, wait, they're gone...

42 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Mick will probably be the last one standing though.

On 6. august 2017 at 14:38, Sir Creep said:

SC

Great your lungs are in good condition. Please make sure that you watch for other symptoms of cancer in other parts of your body. Men who are x-smokers are at high risk of developing bladder cancer even decades after quitting. Please read up on it. Have had 3 older male friends die of this horrible disease in the last 10 years. The most recent was a few weeks ago at age 75. We miss him. 

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 14:28, Sean said:

Mick will probably be the last one standing though.

At which point he'll ring a who's who of session players, make another solo album and it'll be shite

• Haha 1

Why did they chose Ronnie Wood instead of Keith Richards in 2018? Richards has always looked like death warmed over.

Can an Admin please change the title to something proper like Who Will Be THE NEXT RS To Die?.....it ignores Brian Jones, at the very least.  ‘Guest Tom Green’ was an idiot when he created the thread.  That’s why guests should never ever be allowed to create a thread.  Nor anyone in their first 90 days of membership.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Why did they chose Ronnie Wood instead of Keith Richards in 2018? Richards has always looked like death warmed over.

Er, because Ronnie has had lung cancer and says he won't have chemotherapy when if it comes back?

• Haha 1

MIck Jagger. Sitting at Lords. Watching the England cricket team. Someone hits a six. He is too busy singing to himself. Hit in the face. Dead on the spot. Simple really.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Because Ronnie Wood is not immortal unlike Keith Richards.

• Haha 1

Tombstones don't roll, so I think they may live forever....

Notorious groupie Barbara Cope, AKA The Butter Queen, has been killed in a Dallas house fire.  She was namechecked in the Rolling Stones song Rip This Joint.

Her real name was Barbara Cope, and she would do her thing when bands came through Dallas. She was very proficient, and had a killer gimmick: she would use a stick of butter when servicing the rock stars and crew. The butter supposedly made her activity smell like movie theater popcorn. :huh:

I like this bit from her wiki page:

“A blonde with straggly hair announced, 'I've got a pound of butter in my purse. Where's Mick?' 

Whoever said that romance is dead...

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Notorious groupie Barbara Cope, AKA The Butter Queen, has been killed in a Dallas house fire.  She was namechecked in the Rolling Stones song Rip This Joint.

I wasn't sure whether to :lol: or  Thank You Msc ;)

52 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

There's a story that when she wanted to do Richard Carpenter she was told she'd have better luck with Karen. I don't know if that was a comment on his sexuality or hers though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

The butter supposedly made her activity smell like movie theater popcorn. 

Movie theatre popcorn you say? Wonder if Mrs GUN will give it a go :P.

Stones US Tour cancelled as Mick Jagger needs medical treatment, according to BBC News Channel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Stones US Tour cancelled as Mick Jagger needs medical treatment, according to BBC News Channel.

Postponed, not cancelled (yet). 

From the Stones Facebook page:

Unfortunately today the Rolling Stones have had to announce the postponement of their upcoming US / Canada tour dates - we apologise for any inconvenience this causes those who have tickets to shows but wish to reassure fans to hold onto these existing tickets, as they will be valid for the rescheduled dates, which will be announced shortly.

Mick has been advised by doctors that he cannot go on tour at this time, as he needs medical treatment. The doctors have advised Mick that he is expected to make a complete recovery so that he can get back on stage as soon as possible.

“I’m so sorry to all our fans in America & Canada with tickets, I really hate letting you down like this. I’m devastated for having to postpone the tour but I will be working very hard to be back on the road as soon as I can. Once again, huge apologies to everyone.” - Mick Jagger

On 08/03/2016 at 20:07, gcreptile said:

Some german papers are saying Bill Wyman has cancer?

Edit: Early prostate cancer, ah well, he should be ok.

As BIll Wyman is releasing an autobiography in moving pictures form, he says that he's been completely cured of his cancer with radiotherapy:

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/bill-wyman-interview-quiet-one-documentary-1203250428/

On 01/02/2020 at 23:29, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7956443/Rae-Dawn-reveals-spent-night-Rolling-Stone-underage-married.html

New allegations that may give Mick Jagger some stress. An actress alleges she had sex and a romantic relationship with Mick Jagger whilst underage. 

Nowt on Bill Whyman's indiscretions in that direction, mind - and he's yet to find himself in the same segregation unit as Gary Glitter!

• Like 1