Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown Man

The 3rd Death Of 2011

Who will be DL's 3rd hit in 2011?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Michael Douglas

No chance. He's busy working on several acting projects, including the lead role in a biopic of Liberace due for release in 2012

Doesn't make him immortal.

None of us are. His old man is a far likelier prospect, did you see him at the Oscars?

Michael Douglas

No chance. He's busy working on several acting projects, including the lead role in a biopic of Liberace due for release in 2012

None of us are. His old man is a far likelier prospect, did you see him at the Oscars?

You said "no chance", which can't be accurate since (as you subsequently noted) none of us are is immortal.

Michael Douglas

You said "no chance", which can't be accurate since (as you subsequently noted) none of us are is immortal.

All right Mr. Pedantic, to clarify I regard it as highly unlikely that Michael Douglas will be the 3rd DL Passing this year, being that his cancer is said to have gone into remission, and if you take a glance at his bio on IMDB you will see he is currently involved in several film projects and has several more lined up, hardly sounds like a man at death's door. He would not be signed up to various jobs if they were not confident in his health.

Several other DLers for this year are looking like far likelier prospects for death no. 3, like Zsa Zsa Gabor, Liz Taylor, Dom Mintoff, Maggie Thatcher, all frail and in and out of hospital lately. Not to mention those who have already way outlived the average life expectancy, like Vera Lynn, Oscar Niemeyer, even his old man Kirk.

Of course there's always an outside possibility of him being run over or shot by a mugger or some such, but I'm pretty confident he'll see the year out, wasted pick for this year if you ask me. A relapse somewhere down the line is probable tho, as evinced by this rather interesting article

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41009450/ns/health-cancer

Elizabeth Taylor. Over a month in hospital with congestive heart failure, she could be coming out in a coffin.

Several other DLers for this year are looking like far likelier prospects for death no. 3, like Zsa Zsa Gabor, Liz Taylor, Dom Mintoff, Maggie Thatcher, all frail and in and out of hospital lately. Not to mention those who have already way outlived the average life expectancy, like Vera Lynn, Oscar Niemeyer, even his old man Kirk.

I am sticking with Douglas. Mainly because i think that all those people look like way to obvious choices and it therefor isn't as much fun to pick them.

Just out of curiousity, why would you care if i am wrong? I wouldn't.

My vote goes to Harlan Ellison. On my past record this almost guarantees him seeing another Christmas!

I am sticking with Douglas. Mainly because i think that all those people look like way to obvious choices and it therefor isn't as much fun to pick them.

Just out of curiousity, why would you care if i am wrong? I wouldn't.

Who said I cared if you were wrong? Take it you're one who likes to back outsiders?

Guest Guest

I'm going for Elizabeth Taylor.It's just a hunch :banghead:

Guest Guest

hit no 3 came a bit quicker than last year (may 29) or the year before (june 1) .Thank God!

OK. Nobody picked her. Thread closed. No doubt we'll have another poll shortly. Time to study the form.

OK. Nobody picked her. Thread closed. No doubt we'll have another poll shortly. Time to study the form.

Thread reopened to say that I did pick her:

Elizabeth Taylor. Over a month in hospital with congestive heart failure, she could be coming out in a coffin.

But in my haste to vote, I clicked the "view results" button instead of "vote". Sorry about that.

Thread closed again. :banghead:

Thread reopened to say that I did pick her:

But in my haste to vote, I clicked the "view results" button instead of "vote". Sorry about that.

Thread closed again. :banghead:

Thread re-opened to say "That doesn't count" and no one picked her.

Thread closed again.