Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Tomas Milian, a Cuban-American/Italian actor who appeared in many Italian movies, has died aged 84.

Sad to hear that. He is well known for several movies beside Bud Spencer

• Like 1

On 3/23/2017 at 10:18, Thatcher said:

Tomas Milian, a Cuban-American/Italian actor who appeared in many Italian movies, has died aged 84.

Of all the Django films in 60s/70s  the one he stars in  "Django Kill... If You Live, Shoot " might be the most entertaining

German Actress, Christine Kaufmann, 72 years old,  is suffering from leukemia. This week she collapsed and was finally put into a coma.

Christine Kaufmann is one of the most famous german actress and she was the first german that won the golden globe Award.

She starred beside Kirk Douglas  and Steve Reeves and she was married with Tony Curtis.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

German Actress, Christine Kaufmann, 72 years old,  is suffering from leukemia. This week she collapsed and was finally put into a coma.

Christine Kaufmann is one of the most famous german actress and she was the first german that won the golden globe Award.

She starred beside Kirk Douglas  and Steve Reeves and she was married with Tony Curtis.

What a cutie: 1945-christine-kaufmann-bw.jpg

:(

• Like 1

Legendary Italian b-movie director Giorgio Capitani has died aged 89.

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

South African politician and anti-apartheid campaigner Ahmed Kathrada has died aged 87. http://www.enca.com/south-africa/struggle-stalwart-ahmed-kathrada-dies-aged-87

DDP pick.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Kathrada

BBC Obit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-39414785

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:47, TomTomTelekom said:

Dead: http://www.dw.com/en/first-german-golden-globe-winner-christine-kaufmann-has-died/a-38137826

• Like 2

On 18/3/2017 at 13:49, earl said:

You can add the spanish actress Carmen Sevilla to the list of actresses. She is a very known spanish actress born in 1930 that suffers from Alzheimer's. She appeared as one of the main characters in some Hollywood movies as for example King of Kings (1961).

No?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

According to wikipedia Japanese Director Toshio Matsumoto is dead at 85

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshio_Matsumoto

No obits have come yet

You mean other than the required link/reference when posting a Wiki obit?  
SC

Italian journalist Piero Ottone has died aged 92. He was director of Corriere della Sera for a long period in the 70s and a controversial figure. I discovered he was still alive just two weeks ago, to my complete surprise.

Italian TV legend, show host and media giant Gianni Boncompagni has died aged 84. He had a huge influence over 40 years of Italian television.

3 hours ago, drol said:

Italian TV legend, show host and media giant Gianni Boncompagni has died aged 84. He had a huge influence over 40 years of Italian television.

And music. Former boyfriend of the wonderful Raffaella Carrà and wrote a lot of her hits. including Tuca Tuca, Felicità Ta Ta and Tanti Auguri.

Things aren't sounding too great for Mao Kobayashi.

Her blog updates in recent weeks have mentioned symptoms of breathlessness and feverishness as well as receiving some blood test results which were worse than she had expected. In the translation of her most recent blog post, she mentions the following:

"Five days have passed.

I have been lying all day for the whole time
It was everyday.
With breathlessness and strange sweating and pain.

Although I could walk normally ten days ago,
It will be barely a matter of walking 10 steps"

Unfortunately, I think I may have been optimistic to say that she'd die at around November/December time. I reckon she's on the clock.

13 hours ago, The Dead Cow said:

Things aren't sounding too great for Mao Kobayashi.

Her blog updates in recent weeks have mentioned symptoms of breathlessness and feverishness as well as receiving some blood test results which were worse than she had expected. In the translation of her most recent blog post, she mentions the following:

"Five days have passed.

I have been lying all day for the whole time
It was everyday.
With breathlessness and strange sweating and pain.

Although I could walk normally ten days ago,
It will be barely a matter of walking 10 steps"

Unfortunately, I think I may have been optimistic to say that she'd die at around November/December time. I reckon she's on the clock.

Thank you for deciphering her blog. I tried and failed to get something meaningful out of it lately - hadn't seen the latest entry though.

She is only buying time, the cancer is in her bones. But yes, I agree that it's progressing faster than expected. But then I was sure she'll die this year - the obit is the question. BBC or Guardian.

• Like 1