Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

Larrington Walker (IMDb), a Jamaican actor who moved to England at a young age, has died aged 70. He appeared in films such as Burning an IllusionLambHuman Traffic and Second Coming, as well as minor roles in TV programmes such as The Chinese DetectiveInspector MorseThe BillCasualty, Holby City and Doctors. He also performed on stage and radio, most notably in Rudy's Rare Records alongside Lenny Henry.

Edit: The SunDaily Mirror, Guardian obituaries.

Renée Simonot, actress and mother of another immortal star (Catherine Deneuve) celebrated her 106th birthday today.

Which made me think, was there any known actress who lived beyond the 106 year limit? (I can think of another 106 year old actress: Lupita Tovar).

ea2a74fdb26dc3a88a1653beb49a235a.jpg

Riem de Wolff, member of the Dutch group The Blue Diamonds, has died aged 74. Their cover of the song Ramona topped the charts in The Netherlands and Germany, and hit #72 on the American Billboard Hot 100 in 1960. 

Jan Tříska (IMDb), a Czech actor who worked in America and appeared in films such as RagtimeThe Karate Kid: Part III and The People vs. Larry Flynt, as well as TV programmes including The Quantum Leap, has died aged 80. 

Edit: The Guardian obituary.

4 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Jan Tříska (IMDb), a Czech actor who worked in America and appeared in films such as RagtimeThe Karate Kid: Part III and The People vs. Larry Flynt, as well as TV programmes including The Quantum Leap, has died aged 80. 

Edit: The Guardian obituary.

Crossword puzzle time. I need a 7-letter word beginning with S, the clue is "When one falls from a bridge for no reason......"

• Haha 1

Oh yeah, maybe I should put this here because I saw a list on this thread earlier with her name... I also only have her in the 100 Club thread.

...Gisele Casadesus dies at 103

All I can find/see are French obits.

Anne Wiazemsky, Actor, novelist and ex-wife of Jean-Luc Godard, dead aged 70.

54 minutes ago, time said:

Anne Wiazemsky, Actor, novelist and ex-wife of Jean-Luc Godard, dead aged 70.

After Mireille Darc, she becomes the 2nd actor who appeared in Godard's Weekend to die in 2017. Jean-Pierre Laud and Yves Alfonso should stay somewhere  safe btwn now and Jan 1.

Italian football broadcaster Aldo Biscardi has died aged 86. He was an absolute legend in Italy, but had little fame outside his Country.

Georgian actress Lika Kavzharadze has been found dead at her apartment. Police investigating a possible suicide. She was 57. And no, her name is not enough points for the Scrabble deficit game.

Also, Wikipedia notes her last name as Kavzharadze but the article from Georgian Journal notes it as Lika Kavjaradze.

• Like 1

Just now, FixedBusiness said:

Georgian actress Lika Kavzharadze has been found dead at her apartment. Police investigating a possible suicide. She was 57. And no, her name is not enough points for the Scrabble deficit game.

Also, Wikipedia notes her last name as Kavzharadze but the article from Georgian Journal notes it as Lika Kavjaradze.

Name difference is most likely just difficulty transliterating the (Georgian? Russian? One of the two is my guess) alphabet to the Latin alphabet, with the difference in pronunciation and what not

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BeretBleu said:

A hit for my French Theme Team if she's getting a qo.

I really liked her in 8 Femmes.

German link. It says, she died on Tuesday according to her partner.

http://www.focus.de/kultur/kino_tv/im-alter-von-100-jahren-franzoesische-schauspielerin-danielle-darrieux-gestorben_id_7736024.html

1 hour ago, Book said:

A hit for my French Theme Team if she's getting a qo.

I really liked her in 8 Femmes.

German link. It says, she died on Tuesday according to her partner.

http://www.focus.de/kultur/kino_tv/im-alter-von-100-jahren-franzoesische-schauspielerin-danielle-darrieux-gestorben_id_7736024.html

Here you go, Book. Daily Mail.

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Here you go, Book. Daily Mail.

Hooray! Many Thanks, msc! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Book said:

Hooray! Many Thanks, msc! :)

Also, iirc yer high points for her have made her a Crowdsourced hit, so I'm away to fix that.

• Like 1

Sad news about Danielle Darrieux. Great actress, seemed to play Catherine Deneuve's mother in countless films (I make it at least four). RIP.

8 minutes ago, msc said:

Also, iirc yer high points for her have made her a Crowdsourced hit, so I'm away to fix that.

You're right. I had her in 4th place, so 47 points from me.

11 minutes ago, Book said:

You're right. I had her in 4th place, so 47 points from me.

Checking, would have just qualified as one of the alternates, but in the paraphrased (and likely apocryphal) words of Roger de Kirkpatrick: "Doubt? I'll make sure!" :lol:

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Checking, would have just qualified as one of the alternates, but in the paraphrased (and likely apocryphal) words of Roger de Kirkpatrick: "Doubt? I'll make sure!" :lol:

:D

There had to be more style on the Crowdsourced DL, so Danielle Darrieux was the perfect pick imo (beside my other ladies, haha!).

9 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Sad news about Danielle Darrieux. Great actress, seemed to play Catherine Deneuve's mother in countless films (I make it at least four). RIP.

Also a loss for the 100 club.