Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

2 minutes ago, Banana said:

I can name a few better threads for this post. 

Hooroo, Mate seems the most appropriate. 

1 hour ago, Banana said:

I can name a few better threads for this post. 

The Tim Curry thread perhaps? :evil2:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

The Tim Curry thread perhaps? :evil2:

The thread the went of the rails with people going on about other celebs with food puns as names?

Anyway, this thread needs to get changed to foreign language. There’s already threads for basically every other predominantly English speaking country. 

7 hours ago, gcreptile said:

South African radio presenter Xolani Gwala dead at 44:

https://www.channel24.co.za/The-Juice/News/veteran-radio-presenter-xolani-gwala-dies-20191101

Was under Cup consideration, and I've wondered if he would get a BBC obit through their South Africa coverage.

No offense, but having never heard of this person I am innocent of malfeasance, but YOU, gcreptile....if YOU knew of him and didn't use him in ABC deadpool, well....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LB93 said:

AFP reporting she's suffered a stroke.

A HUGE news in France, in fact I’m truly sad..

• Sad 1

Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

A HUGE news in France, in fact I’m truly sad..

It will be huge news everywhere my friend.  Aye, 'tis sad indeed.  But we shall see what transpires.

The whole thing is being exaggerated. She has suffered a Transitory Ischemic Stroke, which is reversible and surely can not cause death if not associated with other illnesses. My mother has suffered four TIAs this year and they did not affect her health sensibly, though she suffers from Alzheimer's and colorectal cancer. 

5 minutes ago, drol said:

The whole thing is being exaggerated. She has suffered a Transitory Ischemic Stroke, which is reversible and surely can not cause death if not associated with other illnesses. My mother has suffered four TIAs this year and they did not affect her health sensibly, though she suffers from Alzheimer's and colorectal cancer. 

Really sad if her mother Renee Simonot, 108 years old, would outlive her daughter.

• Like 1

The French news sites obviously have more information - basically she felt tired and a bit 'off', a bit 'not right'. 

If it is a Transitory Ischemic Attack then she should be all right and fully recover - they serve as a warning sign more than anything else. Despite her age, Deneuve continues to work non-stop and perhaps it's an indicator that she needs to slow down a little.

She's always struck me as tough as old boots so this has come as a bit of a shock - hopefully she'll be up and gardening before the week's out.

Oh no! Walter Freiwald, german "The Price is Right" announcer and "I'm a Star get me out of here!" participant, has incurable cancer and "will die from it":

https://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article203121840/Walter-Freiwald-Der-Preis-ist-heiss-Moderator-ist-unheilbar-krank.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Oh no! Walter Freiwald, german "The Price is Right" announcer and "I'm a Star get me out of here!" participant, has incurable cancer and "will die from it":

https://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article203121840/Walter-Freiwald-Der-Preis-ist-heiss-Moderator-ist-unheilbar-krank.html

Unfortunately he will never get a QO.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Book said:

Unfortunately he will never get a QO.

Tempting to go for him in Advent Avalanche or Deathrace,but yes even a trade rag Obit in english isn't any kind of lock.

Taiwo Lijadu

Part of the Nigerian musical duo  "Lijadu Sisters" with her twin Kehinde  is dead at 71 after suffering a stroke.

Nothing in english yet

Antonio Corsellas

One of Spain's most prolific voices actor's is dead at age 86. He dubbed for the likes of Kirk Douglas,Richard Burton and Sean Connery among others

I just found out that "french barrel guy" who wanted to cross the Atlantic in a barrel, and who was a late 2018 suggestion by me, actually made it:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/barrel-atlantic-crossing-arrival-scli-intl/index.html

Jean-Jacques Savin was the name.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2019 at 21:24, gcreptile said:

DEAD

https://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/leute/leute/walter-freiwald-ist-tot-medienbericht-66170828.bild.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Bulgarian actor Stefan Danailov who was also once the Minister of Culture for the country dead at 76. He was battling stage 4 lymphoma.