Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

13 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Lieutenant-General (ret) Ng Jui Ping, the Singaporean second Chief of Defence Force (CDF), becomes the first 'noteworthy' death of 2020.  He was 71.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapores-second-chief-of-defence-force-ng-jui-ping-dies-at-71

Only 2020 cuz of good fortune of where his arse was standing.  If he visiting Joey Russ he dies 2019.  So going to say nyet on any 2020 deaths until we are all participating 

9 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Award-winning film star Ria Irawan, known for her acclaimed appearances in Biola Tak Berdawai, Berbagi Suami, and Bulan Diatas Kuburan, passes away at 50 years .

She has also had leading and supporting roles in numerous popular TV shows

https://en.tempo.co/read/1291515/actress-ria-irawan-passes-away-at-50

I hope they're more popular than her acclaimed appearances. 

• Haha 2

One to cross off the czech-list, Czech-born director and sometime Milos Forman friend and collaborator, Ivan Passer, (Cutter's Way, Law & Disorder et al) has, er, passered away. Died yesterday aged 86.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Well, Russian deadpooling superstar Anastasia Zavorotnyuk is "rapidly" losing fans on Instagram because of her cancer, how dare she?

https://thetimeshub.in/anastasia-zavorotnyuk-is-losing-interest-fans-fans-unsubscribe-from-the-star/1969/

I'm Russian, she's the star of our adaptation of "The Nanny", my mom would watch it on TV, when I was a little kid. We've already lost Valeri Zolotukhin (actor), Zhanna Friske (pop star), Mikhail Zadornov (a comedian, Russia's answer to Bernard Manning) and Dmitry Hvorostovsky (operatic baritone) to brain cancer. I really hope that the news about her cancer is a tabloid hoax. There has been no confirmation of her illness by her family and agent/publicist. In 2006, Lyubov Polishchuk (the actress who played the nanny's mother) herself died of spinal cancer. We've lost Alexandra Nazarova (the actress who played her grandmother) last year as well. If the rumours are true, she'll score me 10 points in DDP, in case she's obitable

• Like 1

On 20/10/2017 at 21:32, Whitehouse said:

Dutch TV legend Aart Staartjes has had a stroke. The 79-year old Staartjes is at home recovering.

This guy lives only a few miles away from me. His death would be a shock The Netherlands. He is TV royalty

Dutch news are reporting he got into a serious traffic collision.

Apperantly he was driving one of these and got in a collision with a car and was flung out of his vehicle. He was rushed to the IC with "severe injuries" but so far he seems to be alive. Link (in Dutch)

Here is also a photo of the crash side.

768x576a.jpg

Probably also someone who wouldn't get an obit outside the Netherlands (maybe one in Flanders but that's as international as it get's)

15 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Well, Russian deadpooling superstar Anastasia Zavorotnyuk is "rapidly" losing fans on Instagram because of her cancer, how dare she?

https://thetimeshub.in/anastasia-zavorotnyuk-is-losing-interest-fans-fans-unsubscribe-from-the-star/1969/

Well now she supposedly left hospital because treatment doesn't make sense anymore.

https://thetimeshub.in/anastasia-zavorotnyuk-was-discharged-from-hospital-media/2109/

It all sounds a little sensationalist though, but maybe that's the translation, or that's just how it is there.

18 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Well now she supposedly left hospital because treatment doesn't make sense anymore.

https://thetimeshub.in/anastasia-zavorotnyuk-was-discharged-from-hospital-media/2109/

It all sounds a little sensationalist though, but maybe that's the translation, or that's just how it is there.

Oh no it's quite sensationalized. I still think she'very close to death, but the Russian tabloids have been eating this up for months.

On 11/01/2020 at 13:04, Vaagheid said:

Dutch news are reporting he got into a serious traffic collision.

Apperantly he was driving one of these and got in a collision with a car and was flung out of his vehicle. He was rushed to the IC with "severe injuries" but so far he seems to be alive. Link (in Dutch)

Here is also a photo of the crash side.

768x576a.jpg

Probably also someone who wouldn't get an obit outside the Netherlands (maybe one in Flanders but that's as international as it get's)

Just announced he died from his injuries. The accident happened only 5 kms from where I live.

He was an icon of Dutch tv.

Farewell ome Aart.

Senior journalist and former BJP MP from Karnal Ashwini Kumar Chopra passed away at a private hospital in Gurgaon on Saturday after a prolonged illness. He was 63.  Chopra was suffering from ‘terminal cancer’ and had been admitted to the Medanta Hospital a few days back. He passed away this afternoon.  Chopra was elected MP from Karnal in 2014. 

SC

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

DDP Pick for Book as I recall.

That's right, thanks YW. 

Hopefully a qo is coming... :unsure:

• Like 1

Herman Goldstein, a significant well known figure in the world of policing policy and pioneer of 'problem orientated policing' has died aged 88 in the USA. 

We usually don't use this thread for Muricans. Oh, we have already been arguing about this...

6 minutes ago, drol said:

We usually don't use this thread for Muricans. Oh, we have already been arguing about this...

I tried to find a thread about the police ....

This threads title is rather broad and easily lends itself to my post being ok in here...

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I tried to find a thread about the police ....

This threads title is rather broad and easily lends itself to my post being ok in here...

• Thanks 1