Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

Lola Felicidad delos Reyes ,one of the last of the 'Filipino comfort women' and subsequent campaigner for justice from the Japanese authorities for all comfort women for what they were forced into,has passed away. 

It has been posted on twitter and on a church ministry Facebook page that american theologian and one of the founders and advocates of creationist science Dr John Whitcomb has died aged 95.

56 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

It has been posted on twitter and on a church ministry Facebook page that american theologian and one of the founders and advocates of creationist science Dr John Whitcomb has died aged 95.

John Whitcomb sounds pretty foreign

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/10909437/poeti-norac-dead-24-french-surfing-champion-australia/

The world of surfing is in mourning after french surfing champion  Poeti Norac died aged just 24 only months after she moved to Australia to start a new life. The circumstances of her death are unknown. 

1A873CE5-17BA-4C2E-B935-00D6B3EFEE6F.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

1A873CE5-17BA-4C2E-B935-00D6B3EFEE6F.jpeg

I'm still waiting for Left Shark to go on tour with Backpack Kid, who became famous when Perry hosted Saturday Night Live a couple of years ago.

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-news/the-last-of-the-tigers-frank-losonsky.html

Frank Losonsky ,the last survivor of the "flying tigers" , otherwise known  formally as the first american volunteer group of the chinese air force,  has died aged 99. 

They were a group of volunteers compromised of US pilots from the United States air corps and navy and marine corps,  tasked with defending China against Japanese attack during world war two. The end of an era as they say.

• Sad 2

Ladysmith Black Mambazo founder Joseph Shabalalahas died aged 78. Probablt best known for backing Paul Simon on his Graceland album.

Any excuse to post a link to that story about how Paul Simon was a bullshitter of the highest order and would have been killed by South African militants had Little Stevie Van Zandt not intervened.

And I said to him, “All due respect, Paulie, but not only does art not transcend politics… art is politics. And I’m telling you right now, you and Henry Kissinger, your buddy, go fuck yourselves.”

• Haha 1

Very german director Joseph Vilsmaier dead at 81:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/joseph-vilsmaier-dead-german-director-stalingrad-was-81-1278934

Best-known outside of Germany maybe for the "Stalingrad" movie. And "The Harmonists" was one of Bill Clinton's favorite movies of that year...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

American actress Lynn Cohen who was best known for her role as Magda in the hit tv series Sex and the city has died aged 86.

Goose please stop posting American, Canadian, Australian, etc. people here. Keep these to foreign speaking countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Banana said:

Goose please stop posting American, Canadian, Australian, etc. people here. Keep these to foreign speaking countries.

My name is not Goose!!

1 hour ago, Banana said:

Newfies are ok though. 

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

My name is not Goose!!

It’s going to be Banned if you don’t listen to Banana.

4 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Newfies are ok though. 

And Cajuns.

6 hours ago, Banana said:

And stop posting Instagram posts too. Can't you just write a sentence and put a link like everyone? Don't be offended, but I find it pretty unnerving. And the vast part of those posts actually don't carry information, only are old photos of old actresses on their birthday, celebrated on Instagram by some perfect unknown. What's the purpose of that?

• Like 5

A close adviser and  trusted friend of the Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan has died of cancer. 

Naeem -ul-Haq was also the leader and  a founding member of the PTI. 

I just found out Lynn Cohen died, mainly from a Tumblr post as I have a friend obsessed with Sam Claflin. I will only remember her as Mags from Hunger Games (can't remember if i've seen her in anything else).

• Like 1