Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

2 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Nobushiko Obayashi, director best know for his debut "House", has died aged 82.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/04/f757b941706a-update1-japanese-filmmaker-nobuhiko-obayashi-dies-at-82.html

Edit: Oops. Missed the post above.

another 4-year stage 4 lung cancer survivor.  Stage 4 LC is so overrated.

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Somewhat strange that I couldn't find it through googling, even if I use "Nobuhiko Obayashi Daily Mail wires". I did find the John Downing obit though. I hope the AP wires aren't somewhat google-blocked for me or EU people.

(It counts though, of course.)

The Faisalabad chief of Tablighi Jamaat has died of coronavirus even as the number of its infected members crossed the 1,100 mark in Pakistan’s Punjab province on Friday.

Maulana Suhaib Rumi, 69, Faisalabad chapter head of Tablighi Jamaat, died of COVID-19 on Thursday.

SC

Twitter reporting the death of Ayatollah Ebrahim Amini at age 94. Link to an Iranian site, but waiting for an English obit.

8 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Twitter reporting the death of Ayatollah Ebrahim Amini at age 94. Link to an Iranian site, but waiting for an English obit.

Thing that stood out to me is that he was involved in Qom, the epicentre of the Iran corona outbreak. IDK if it'll be reported as Covid or not, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we have another Iranian politician covid death on our hands

6 minutes ago, CastAway said:

Thing that stood out to me is that he was involved in Qom, the epicentre of the Iran corona outbreak. IDK if it'll be reported as Covid or not, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we have another Iranian politician covid death on our hands

He was two months shy of 95. I have a sneaking suspicion his time was just up.

Algerian singer Hamid Cheriet, better known by the name Idir and who gained international fame in the 1970s for his lullaby "A Vava Inouva", has died. He was 70.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-52519851?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/middle_east&link_location=live-reporting-story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qcSdqc7QYo

10 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Indian hockey legend Balbir Singh, yes, once more in hospital and in critical condition:

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/hockey/hockey-legend-balbir-singh-sr-hospitalised-in-critical-condition-6402197/

They say he is improving already. Not likely to be COVID but he is being tested. If it is he won't get out alive, considering the huge cardiac ailments he is suffering from.

7 hours ago, drol said:

They say he is improving already. Not likely to be COVID but he is being tested. If it is he won't get out alive, considering the huge cardiac ailments he is suffering from.

Balbir tests negative for COVID, condition slightly improved.

On 10/05/2020 at 17:28, drol said:

Balbir tests negative for COVID, condition slightly improved.

Balbir suffers cardiac arrest, but he has been resuscitated. Also suffering from multiple organ failure, but apparently improving :scratchhead:

• Like 1

That surely must be it?

I don’t see how a 100+ year old in the condition he’s in recovers from being resuscitated

3 minutes ago, Banana said:

I don’t see how a 100+ year old in the condition he’s in recovers from being resuscitated

He’s only 95, actually 

4 minutes ago, Banana said:

blSEr2IT4jok0.gif

That's likely to be it. The man akready suffered from severe congestive heart failure and recurrent pneumonia, he was on ventilator for weeks last year but pulled a miracolous recovery. Then again hospitalized in June, suffers heart attack, but pulls through again. This fall he was hospitalized with severe pneumonia, reportedly in critical conditions, but once again he made it. And God, did he recover well! He even has a bunch of public appearances and could walk unaided.

Now it is again pneumonia and multiple organ failure, which is extremely deadly for everyone, you imagine for an ill 96 year old. Then it seems he is improving once again, but his heart stops and for a bit (they have not evaluated brain damage still) so it is very hard even for a bouncer like him.