Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

20 hours ago, drol said:

Balbir suffers cardiac arrest, but he has been resuscitated. Also suffering from multiple organ failure, but apparently improving :scratchhead:

Balbir suffered a series of cardiac events after his first cardiac arrest, but not enough to finish him off.

37 minutes ago, drol said:

Balbir suffered a series of cardiac events after his first cardiac arrest, but not enough to finish him off.

Years ago there was Jamie Mitchell's death in Eastenders but as it was one of the B plot romances, they strung out the guy dying on life support for weeks or even months. Every episode or so you'd get an update. "He's really not well, he's even worse, he's on life support, he's got even worse than the last time, his health has decline even further" without somehow dying until they did the big People Crying in Hospital Scene around Christmas time.

Anyhow, I am reminded of it here.

8 minutes ago, msc said:

Years ago there was Jamie Mitchell's death in Eastenders but as it was one of the B plot romances, they strung out the guy dying on life support for weeks or even months. Every episode or so you'd get an update. "He's really not well, he's even worse, he's on life support, he's got even worse than the last time, his health has decline even further" without somehow dying until they did the big People Crying in Hospital Scene around Christmas time.

Anyhow, I am reminded of it here.

So sad that you remember it all in so much detail :P

7 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

So sad that you remember it all in so much detail :P

I remember stupid things far easier for some reason. :D

On 13/05/2020 at 11:23, drol said:

Balbir suffers two more cardiac arrests, but his condition has not deteriorated according to his family.

Balbir Singh now stable and improving. Invincible.

4 hours ago, drol said:

From now on, I will put him in every future deadpool team in top position until he dies. If it's possible I'll pick him in the ABC deadpool under both B and S.

On 14/05/2020 at 14:14, drol said:

Balbir stable and did not suffer any more cardiac event. Seems he is pulling through again.

15 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Award-winning French actor Michel Piccoli, who has appeared in films for six decades, including You Haven't Seen Anything Yet (2012) died at 94 years:

https://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/cinema/2020/05/18/news/e_morto_michel_piccoli-256987863/

Really sad. What a great actor... Rest In Peace

+1 for my shadow list

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Really sad. What a great actor... Rest In Peace

+1 for my shadow list

Lovers of French films will never forget him. I have seen  "Les choses de la vie" & "La grande bouffe" at least four or five times through the years.

• Sad 1

Sad news. I watched 'Bellle De Jour' just the other week. A great actor. RIP.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 16/05/2020 at 14:30, drol said:

Balbir stable and did not suffer any more cardiac event. Seems he is pulling through again.

Balbir hemodynamically stable, which usually implies death is not imminent. MRI scans did not find major brain damage, but only a small clot in the brain. Still in a coma.

Danger now comes from pneumonia, which got incredibily resistant to antibiotics.

On 18/05/2020 at 16:05, drol said:

Balbir hemodynamically stable, which usually implies death is not imminent. MRI scans did not find major brain damage, but only a small clot in the brain. Still in a coma.

Danger now comes from pneumonia, which got incredibily resistant to antibiotics.

Balbir Singh now being reported dead

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

On 18/05/2020 at 16:05, drol said:

Deid.

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll/end-of-an-era-hockey-legend-balbir-singh-sr-dies/1845061

And another one, this time former South Korean Prime Minister between 1992 and 1993, Hyun Soong-Jong has died aged 101.

https://www.hankyung.com/politics/amp/202005253296Y

He was the longest-lived former state leader in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_living_state_leaders

1 hour ago, MarcJWallace said:

It will take at least some weeks for him to recover now.

• Haha 5

It's drol day today.

• Like 3

I'm deeply touched by the death of one of my all-time-favourite German actresses: Irm Hermann.

In the 70s she rose to fame because of her workings with Rainer Werner Fassbinder.

Later she emancipated herself from Fassbinder and became a renowned and award winning actress in her own way.

She was 77 years old and died after a short illness.

:(

https://www.spiegel.de/kultur/kino/irm-hermann-ist-tot-a-f4dfb172-a5d3-4673-a71c-9768b61b4c46

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Book said:

I'm deeply touched by the death of one of my all-time-favourite German actresses: Irm Hermann.

In the 70s she rose to fame because of her workings with Rainer Werner Fassbinder.

Later she emancipated herself from Fassbinder and became a renowned and award winning actress in her own way.

She was 77 years old and died after a short illness.

:(

https://www.spiegel.de/kultur/kino/irm-hermann-ist-tot-a-f4dfb172-a5d3-4673-a71c-9768b61b4c46

Oh, her... loved her in the Loriot movie. A face you remembered.

• Like 2