Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

https://www.larep.fr/selle-sur-le-bied-45210/actualites/jacqueline-sauvage-est-decedee_13817795/

didn’t know where to put it but Jacqueline Sauvage who killed her husband because he was beating her for 46 years has died at 76. She was sentenced to jail after a really mediatic trial but finally releaved by François Hollande in 2016. A sad life indeed, may she finally find peace, RIP...

On 28/07/2020 at 05:14, Lafaucheuse said:

Guardian obit

• Thanks 1

On 30/01/2019 at 00:35, Banana said:

I was considering him for Cup play but it seems that Amit Shah, president of the Indian political party BJP, is now out of hospital and attending public events after being treated for swine flu, and then being re-hospitalised last week. 

Amit Shah hospitalized after contracting COVID-19. 

4 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Dr. Hawa Abdi, a Somalian human rights activist, physician, author and Nobel Peace Prize nominee, has died. She was 73. 

https://www.horndiplomat.com/2020/08/05/somalias-humanitarian-icon-dr-hawa-abdi-dies/

HAWA people gonna ABDIcate for Somalian human rights any more?

Serbian Author and playwright Isidora Bjelica, who has published over 55 books throughout her career, died at 52 years:

https://expresstabloid.ba/naslovnica/299665/preminula-isidora-bjelica-borila-se-do-zadnjeg-dana-kao-lavica/

She was the co-founder of Dual Therapy, a self-help method built on recognizing both the positive and the negative aspects of life. 

• Like 2

Bangladesh composer and longlister Alauddin Ali has died at 67

• Like 1

Brendan Halligan Economist and former Irish Labour TD (MP) and MEP 

Will defo have an obit in the next day or two

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Master of the classic tasteless joke, you know, of the mysoginistic, xenophobic, homophobic kind. He had faithful fans since the 60s and 70s and was a living capsule of simpler times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Master of the classic tasteless joke, you know, of the mysoginistic, xenophobic, homophobic kind. He had faithful fans since the 60s and 70s and was a living capsule of simpler times.

Really bad taste, but cult.

• Like 1

Japanese actor Tetsuya Watari, who has starred in films such as Tokyo Drifter in 1966 and Brother in 2001, dies at 78 years. Later in his acting career, he became the president of Ishihara Promotion.

https://www.tellerreport.com/life/2020-08-14-actor-tetsuya-watari-dies-at-78-years-old-because-of-pneumonia-.rkoOC2yEGv.html

• Like 3

On 02/08/2020 at 14:36, drol said:

Amit Shah hospitalized after contracting COVID-19. 

Amit Shah was discharged, but now back in hospital for complications.

On 21/02/2020 at 21:51, adrian0719 said:

Some rumours on Twitter that Shajarian was dead - his son has denied them. 

But, I don't think he has long judging by this pic Tweet.

Mohammed Reza Shajarian back in ICU, but improving.

Can't find any links that aren't in Chinese, but HK director Benny Chan has died of cancer. Really sad news - he was one of the major HK film names of the 90s and 00s - directing such films as Gen-X Cops, Rob-B-Hood, Who Am I, New Police Story, Invisible Target, and my personal fave Shaolin.

53 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Can't find any links that aren't in Chinese, but HK director Benny Chan has died of cancer. Really sad news - he was one of the major HK film names of the 90s and 00s - directing such films as Gen-X Cops, Rob-B-Hood, Who Am I, New Police Story, Invisible Target, and my personal fave Shaolin.

I saw this in the cinema at the time. There's a big fight scene in a Lego shop complete with lego dinosaur looming over everyone that went down particularly well with the audience.

6 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

maybe this works, https://sg.news.yahoo.com/new-police-story-director-benny-chan-muksing-dies-at-58-104035038.html