Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

1 hour ago, TomTomTelekom said:

sad news :( hero of my childhood and very famous german singer, comedian and actor Karl Dall died at 79 years:

https://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/leute/leute/nach-schlaganfall-karl-dall-ist-tot-74099736.bild.html

Karl Dall stood for a very special German humor that wouldn't work that way nowadays. But it is impossible to imagine the German comedy scene without him. R.I.P.

• Like 2

Daria Nicolodi

The Italian actress who co-wrote the film Suspira is dead at 70

She was also briefly married to Dario Argento, and is the mum of me too victim turned Predator Asia Argento

• Like 1

Chinese Golden Age actress Huang Zongying dead at 95. 

I also report another superstar of Chinese cinema, Qin Yi, is in failing health. Apart from being cranky old, she has received seven surgical procedures in recent years and is a thyroid cancer sufferer.

• Like 2

Former MEP of previous term, leader of the Congress of New Right Michał Marusik passes away at age 69.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

In France.

FTFY.

Yeah, we’re in the topic « foreign personnalities » so obviously this is not a huge one in UK. What’s the point in correcting everyone all the time ?

• Like 2

Well, in this heavy drought period Brasseur seems quite notable. I know his father more than him, as he starred in Eyes Without a Face, a movie incredibly ahead of its time.

• Like 2

Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

Yeah, we’re in the topic « foreign personnalities » so obviously this is not a huge one in UK. What’s the point in correcting everyone all the time ?

Something to do, innit? 

Literally never heard of him before is all, and I’m no stranger to French and Belgian cinema. I think describing it as a “huge” one is hyperbole. No offence intended. I’m only trying to agitate you ever so slightly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Something to do, innit? 

Literally never heard of him before is all, and I’m no stranger to French and Belgian cinema. I think describing it as a “huge” one is hyperbole. No offence intended. I’m only trying to agitate you ever so slightly.

Honestly he was a huge one, on the same level as Jean Rochefort or Bernard Blier. One of the last french giant with Delon and Belmondo, it really is a huge thing in France 

Well, don't exaggerate, Brasseur is not Delon or Belmondo in any possible way! 

2 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Honestly he was a huge one, on the same level as Jean Rochefort or Bernard Blier. One of the last french giant with Delon and Belmondo, it really is a huge thing in France 

Micheline Presle, Michel Bouquet, Brigitte Bardot are in the same league as Delon. I think there’s a good chance all of them will be gone soon.

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Micheline Presle, Michel Bouquet, Brigitte Bardot are in the same league as Delon. I think there’s a good chance all of them will be gone soon.

I don’t agree with that... bardot is the only one on the Same level as Delon. Michel Bouquet is on the Same level as Claude Brasseur but if you ask anyone in France there’s a good chance that they don’t know who is Presle...

29 minutes ago, drol said:

Well, in this heavy drought period Brasseur seems quite notable. I know his father more than him, as he starred in Eyes Without a Face, a movie incredibly ahead of its time.

Eyes without a face best flim ever made. R.i.p to French Legend Claude Brasseur.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I don’t agree with that... bardot is the only one on the Same level as Delon. Michel Bouquet is on the Same level as Claude Brasseur but if you ask anyone in France there’s a good chance that they don’t know who is Presle...

Whatever. None of them have anything on André Maranne.

• Haha 2

Famed salsa singer and bandleader from Puerto Rico Tito Rojas, known as "El Gallo Salsero" (The Salsa Rooster), died at 65 years after heart attack.

He's had a prolific decades-long career as both a solo artist as well as a member of notable orchestras.

https://www.abc.es/cultura/musica/abci-muere-salsero-puertorriqueno-tito-rojas-65-anos-202012261344_noticia.html

• Like 3