Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

25 minutes ago, arghton said:

https://www.seiska.fi/Kotimaa/Kuolemansairas-Jorma-Kalevi-ottaa-riskin-lentaessaan-Suomeen-ei-voinut-menna-Kanarialla

Finnish schlager singer Jorma Kalevi, 75, "King of the Canary Islands" who used to live in Spain is suffering from pulmonary fibrosis and I've been thinking of mentioning him here because he's now been "dying" for the three years and there's been more or less 500 articles about him being terminally ill in the Finnish tabloids.

While he's been "dying" at a slow pace before, now he needs oxygen nearly all the time and says that he's "close to death" and "feels how the thread he's hanging on by is getting thinner". Looks death warmed up but he said that he'll die soon last year and the year before that.

He's not really famous anywhere as far as I know, I'd say he's FFBI as he's more known for suffering from a terminal illness but his death will be mentioned in those tabloids.

I've moved this to the Foreign Personalities thread as the other thread is moreso for complete nonentity cancer mums which thankfully is rarely used post-FFBI ban. This chap may be obscure, but he's had a Finnish Wiki page since 2006 and published songs going back decades.

• Like 1

Twitter and Wikipedia were reporting German-Israeli actor Michael Degen dead at 90. Articles about It have apparently been withdrawn. Hoax?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drol said:

Twitter and Wikipedia were reporting German-Israeli actor Michael Degen dead at 90. Articles about It have apparently been withdrawn. Hoax?

Two Austrian sources, no German ones.

Seems too quiet to be true.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2022 at 19:48, arghton said:

https://www.iltalehti.fi/viihdeuutiset/a/3dcbb837-7fad-445a-b019-fccae27f551a

Hanoi Rocks rhythm guitarist Nasty Suicide (Jan-Markus Stenfors) has advanced prostate cancer. 

Stenfors/Nasty Suicide said that it might have spread to his bone in an interview last month. However he's still "feeling great", undergoing chemo

Popular Nigerian Saxophonist, Orlando Julius has died at the age of 79.

His wife said he passed out in his sleep on Thursday night.

"Yes, my husband passed on late last night, there was no indication that death was coming, he was not ill, he only slept and died in his sleep," she said.

NAN reports that Orlando Julius, was a saxophonist, singer, band leader, and songwriter closely associated with afrobeat music.

SC

• Like 2

Portugese veteran film and stage actress Eunice Muñoz (Wikidead at 93

RIP (1928 - 2022)

Eunice Muñoz - Profile Images — The Movie Database (TMDB) 

23 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Portugese veteran film and stage actress Eunice Muñoz (Wikidead at 93

Really Insignificant Person (1928 - 2022)

Eunice Muñoz - Profile Images — The Movie Database (TMDB) 

Anytime you post, this is how it reads in my mind. 

• Haha 2

Actually for once Eunice Munoz is very famous in Portugal, but mostly had been on my radar since she was hospitalised in January in critical condition but bounced back misteriously after a few days.

He has posted waaay more insignificant people before.

5 minutes ago, drol said:

Actually for once Eunice Munoz is very famous in Portugal, but mostly had been on my radar since she was hospitalised in January in critical condition but bounced back misteriously after a few days.

He has posted waaay more insignificant people before.

British forum, innit?

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

British forum, innit?

Foreign thread, innit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, drol said:

Foreign thread, innit?

Nothing gets past you Johnny.

Double :referee: for shambolic use of the word ‘innit’.

Innit (slang, heard in various parts of the country but predominantly the South-East quarter of England) - used either as an affirmation at the end of a statement you make, eg. “This is great innit”, or simply as an agreement, eg. “This is great!” “Yeah, innit!”.

Though its origin is essentially the words “Isn’t it” slurred into one lazily enunciated word, the word ‘Innit’ does not necessarily directly replace the words; for instance, ‘Innit’ is not used as a question.

Drol was not far off; “Drol, pray tell, why are we posting about a Portuguese actress not many people have heard of?” “Cos it’s the Foreign thread innit” - tick. “Is this not the Foreign thread?” does not translate as “Foreign thread, innit?” however as this post followed Ulitzer’s incorrect use of ‘Innit’ and overestimation of the versatility of it we can give Drol the benefit of the doubt.

I’m very likely to be slated by at least both people concerned but I’m very very very very bored and at least we get to move on from Munõz. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TQR said:

Double :referee: for shambolic use of the word ‘innit’.

Innit (slang, heard in various parts of the country but predominantly the South-East quarter of England) - used either as an affirmation at the end of a statement you make, eg. “This is great innit”, or simply as an agreement, eg. “This is great!” “Yeah, innit!”.

Though its origin is essentially the words “Isn’t it” slurred into one lazily enunciated word, the word ‘Innit’ does not necessarily directly replace the words; for instance, ‘Innit’ is not used as a question.

Drol was not far off; “Drol, pray tell, why are we posting about a Portuguese actress not many people have heard of?” “Cos it’s the Foreign thread innit” - tick. “Is this not the Foreign thread?” does not translate as “Foreign thread, innit?” however as this post followed Ulitzer’s incorrect use of ‘Innit’ and overestimation of the versatility of it we can give Drol the benefit of the doubt.

I’m very likely to be slated by at least both people concerned but I’m very very very very bored and at least we get to move on from Munõz. 

Someone recently said you’re getting boring. They weren’t wrong.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Someone recently said you’re getting boring. They weren’t wrong.

There’s plenty of evidence to the contrary though innit

• Like 1

On 05/04/2022 at 09:35, whoismakoto said:

Philippines

Pilar Padilla (Info) born 1926

Rosa Rosal (Wiki) wiki is wrong that she was born in 1931 but imdb and the actress herself has stated she was born 1928

Delia Razon (Wiki) born 1931

Gloria Sevilla (Wiki) born 1932

Renato Robles (Imdb) born 1932

Naty Santiago (Imdb) born 1932

Gloria Sevilla, Queen of Visayan movies, dead

https://www.facebook.com/499822456828137/posts/2703189906491370/

• Sad 1

https://www.seiska.fi/Kotimaa/Uusia-terveyshuolia-Vesa-Matti-Loiri-vetaytyi-akisti-valokeilasta-laheiset-ystavat

Vesa-Matti Loiri, 77-year-old Finnish musician/actor/comedician mentioned a few times by me on this forum has been battling infections recently. He also has sleep apnea, diabetes and hypertension. Relatives and friends are very worried about his health. 

On 04/04/2022 at 12:33, Gisooo said:

Argentine

Hilda Bernard (Wiki) - born 1920

Hilda Bernard reported dead.

Pending QO she would be a DDP hit along with the Centenarians pool.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Damn Jacques Perrin died at 80…. Huge huge breaking news in France… wonderful and so beautiful in Les Demoiselles de Rochefort 

BC716747-84AD-4DCF-805A-111DF72D861A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

Very sad. I always love him singing this song in Rochefort: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atgHEhyJAnw ... but also remember him from other films like Cinema Paradiso or Z.

I wonder if or when a melancholic, dramatic tribute by Alain Delon about Perrin's death will come.

Really sad news. Like most non-Frenchies, I mostly know him from Le Demoiselles De Rochefort and Cinema Paradiso. Not been a good few weeks for French actors, has it? 

Austrian singer Willi (or Will or Wilhelm) Resetarits has died at 73 years old.  He was best known for his song "Ostbahn Kurti",

Obit in German.

SC