Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

French singer Marcel Amont dead at 93.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, drol said:

French singer Marcel Amont dead at 93.

Marcel en aval de la vie. My second hit from my french team. Didn’t expect him to be the next after Just Fontaine 

Antonio Pedro was a Brazilian actor, comedian,died at the age of 82,his works include Malhação,Caça Talentos,Explode Coração,Walking in the clouds,Zorra Total,Escolinha do Professor Raimundo,also was in the movie O Xangô de Baker Street.Surgical and cardiac complications led this much appreciated actor in Brazil

URGENTE! Morre ator e humorista Antônio Pedro, aos 82 anos. Recorde carreira do artista em fotos (msn.com)

• Like 2

Jiang Yanyong, the Chinese physician who publicized the coverup of the SARS epidemic, dead at 91.

• Like 4

Crossposting the death of former French Football Fédération président Claude Simonet at 92. How do you do to succesfully crosspost though ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

How do you do to succesfully crosspost though ? 

I quote the post, and then copy+paste the quote into a comment on the thread I wish to crosspost into. 

This procedure only works occasionally, and there are occasionally formatting errors when it does go through, though, so I'm led to believe there is another way that I'm not aware of. 

• Like 1

Claude Fournier was a Canadian film director, screenwriter, editor and cinematographer who died at the age of 91 on 3/16/23 of a heart attack while traveling to Martinique, won a Montréal World Film Festival as best Canadian film in 1983 for the film Bonheur d'occasion, which was nominated for a Cesar for best French-language film as well

https://www.moviesonline.ca/filmmaker-claude-fournier-has-died-at-the-age-of-91/

• Like 2

Taiwan actress Lu Bih-yun 盧碧雲 (zh wiki, imdb) is as far as I know still alive at 101. Not mentioned here anywhere, but has 112 imdb credits.

Burmese artist San Hlaing, said to be living on his recently created wikipedia page, (if google translate is correct, he was also on oxygen in Nov '15) died in December 2015 according to this facebook post, so don't bother picking him in next year's Centenarians DP.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, arghton said:

Taiwan actress Lu Bih-yun 盧碧雲 (zh wiki, imdb) is as far as I know still alive at 101. Not mentioned here anywhere, but has 112 imdb credits.

Burmese artist San Hlaing, said to be living on his recently created wikipedia page, (if google translate is correct, he was also on oxygen in Nov '15) died in December 2015 according to this facebook post, so don't bother picking him in next year's Centenarians DP.

Good spot, I'm surprised that San Hlaing hasn't had any updates on his Wiki, a good name for Dying of Radar. The Burmese language is confused, I can't find a concrete obituary.

This is a photo of Lu Bih-yun in 2013 at the age of 91, she was wheelchairbound since 2000.

C02A26741.jpg

On 04/04/2022 at 18:33, Gisooo said:

This is a list of oldest surviving foreign actors/actresses

Spain

Teresa Cunille (Wiki) - born 1924

Montserrat Salvador (Wiki) - born 1927

Mercedes López de Luzuriaga (Wiki) - born 1927

Laurita Valenzuela (Wiki) - born 1931

Helga Line (Wiki) - born 1932

Julia Gutierrez Caba (Wiki) - born 1932

Julieta Serrano (Wiki) - born 1933

Elisa Montes (Wiki) - born 1934

Esperanza Roy (Wiki) - born 1935

Gemma Cuervo (Wiki) - born 1936

Concha Velasco (Wiki) - born 1939

Laurita Valenzuela has died aged 92. Obit (In Spanish). 

Janusz Weiss, Polish journalist, television personality and co-founder of the one of the most popular radio stations in Poland, Radio ZET has died aged 74. Obit (In Polish). 

• Like 1