Davey Jones' Locker

Foreign Personalities, From Stage, Screen, Politics And Life

Ramiro Oliveros, the stupendous Spanish film, stage, television, and voice actor, has died at the age of 82:

https://amp.elmundo.es/cultura/cine/2023/04/27/644abfd0fdddfffa528b45d6.html

3Ram9iro5Ol2ive6ros0.jpg.3193e24126045e8c43a47e8a39ce2faa.jpg

He was a remarkable stage actor, presence and powerful voice, emphasizing in his notable work.

I talked to him once about his work.

When I talked to him, the intensity of his gaze was more than enough for me.

Ramiro Oliveros, after the burial of his wife, on October 20, 2021:

6Ram2iro8Ol5ive9ros0.jpg.1983a903a3b44ff94002b801b406506d.jpg

His health was not good.

Last year, he had a heart attack.

Rest in Peace.

• Like 7

delete

• Angry 1

6 hours ago, MariNisia said:

Ramiro Oliveros, o estupendo ator espanhol de cinema, teatro, televisão e voz, morreu aos 82 anos:

https://amp.elmundo.es/cultura/cine/2023/04/27/644abfd0fdddfffa528b45d6.html

3Ram9iro5Ol2ive6ros0.jpg.3193e24126045e8c43a47e8a39ce2faa.jpg

Foi um notável ator de teatro, presença e voz poderosa, destacando-se em seu notável trabalho.

Eu conversei com ele uma vez sobre seu trabalho.

Quando conversei com ele, a intensidade de seu olhar foi mais do que suficiente para mim.

Ramiro Oliveros, após o enterro de sua esposa, em 20 de outubro de 2021:

6Ram2iro8Ol5ive9ros0.jpg.1983a903a3b44ff94002b801b406506d.jpg

Sua saúde não era boa.

No ano passado, ele teve um ataque cardíaco.

Descanse em paz.

Giovanni Lombardo Radice who starred with him in the film Cannibal Apocalypse also died on the same day as him,Radice was Italian and died aged 68 and is best known for his villainous roles in Italian horror films and most notably for his spectacular death scenes. and horrible things his characters are almost always victims 

https://tg24.sky.it/spettacolo/cinema/2023/04/27/giovanni-lombardo-radice-morto

Giovanni Lombardo Radice resize.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 08/04/2023 at 03:00, arghton said:

Ingvar Hirdwall widely being reported dead at 88, no cause of death given but seems like it was unexpected as he was still working as far as I know. Always loved his acting especially in the Swedish crime drama movie series (Martin) Beck as detective Martin Beck's weird neighbour Valdemar. 

On 04/09/2020 at 00:14, arghton said:

Peter Haber (b. 1952) - Martin Beck

Mikael Persbrandt (b. 1963) - Gunvald Larsson

Stina Rautelin (b. 1963) - Lena Klingström

Per Morberg (b. 1960) - Joakim Wersén

Ingvad Hirdwall (1934 -2023) - Beck's neighbour

Rebecka Hemse (b. 1975) - Inger (Martin Beck's daughter)

Fredrik Ulveldt (b. 1961) - Jens Loftgård

Michael Nyqvist (1960 - 2017) - John Banck

Lennart Hjulström (1938 - 2022) - Gavling, crime boss, "the money man"

Lasse Lindroth (1972 - 1999) - Peter, Inger's boyfriend

Bengt Nilsson (b. 1967) - Leonard

Peter Hüttner (b. 1945) - Oljelund

Additional: Music by Ulf Dageby (b. 1944), original book writers Per Wahlöö (1926 - 1975) and Maj Sjöwall (1935 - 2020)

Martin Beck actor Stina Rautelin unfortunately dead at 59. Persbrandt might be next, I can't see him making it to 70. 

• Like 2

Argentinean playwright, journalist and activist Maria Cristina Verrier reportedly dead: https://www-clarin-com.translate.goog/cultura/murio-maria-cristina-verrier-escritora-periodista-unica-mujer-operativo-llevo-bandera-argentina-malvinas-1966_0_l6XgHk3UAI.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Part of Operation Condor, she was part of a group that hijacked Aerolineas Argentinas Flight 648 in September 1966 to take to the Falklands (Malvinas) with a view to having Argentine sovereignty declared over the islands, taking islanders hostage.

Verrier was the only woman of the group.

• Like 2

Former french minister of justice under Mitterrand and brilliant lawyer Georges Kiejman has died ageg 90

• Like 2

On 30/03/2023 at 21:51, arghton said:

Finnish dancer, choreographer and UNESCO goodwill ambassador Jorma Uotinen hospitalised after suffering "extremely severe medical attack" but said to be out of ICU now. Health history includes severe Guillain-Barré around 1970.

Jorma Uotinen discharged and has fully recovered.

Siiri Rantanen who died last week had for a while been of the four last "iron ladies" of Finland's so-called greatest generation. These four have still attended events, appeared on tv and been in the news until recent years, all after turning 95. The other three:

Satu Tiivola (98) Traiblazing restauranteur, entrepreneur and Kauppaneuvos. Oldest of the four. Suffered a stroke at 93 in 2017 but fully recovered. In the early half of 2020 she had rough covid that required weeks in hospital and not long after broke her back and was hospitalised another two weeks. Again recovered quite well, but hasn't made any appearances since 2021 and possibly suffers from dementia as her memory never returned to the same level after that fall.

Jutta Zilliacus (97) Finnish-born, ethnic Estonian journalist, author and Swedish People's Party Member of Parliament 1975-1986. Mostly in good health, frequently interviewed and posts on facebook nearly every day.

Aira Samulin (96) Dance teacher, entrepreneur and arrogant arsehole. Youngest and toughest of the group. Cervical cancer in her 40s, suffered a "severe stroke" in 2018 at 91 but fully recovered. Ill with severe flu or pneumonia last year but again completely recovered and again attending events quite frequently. Usually always in the first row in the audience of Finland's version of Strictly Come Dancing.

On 04/04/2022 at 19:33, Gisooo said:

Hungary

Itala Bekes (Wiki) - born 1927

Erzsi Mathe (Wiki) - born 1927

Eva Orkenyi (Wiki) - born 1932

Erzsi Pasztor (Wiki) - born 1936

Hungarian actress Erzsi Mathe dead at 95, one week before her 96th birthday

image.png.d269134c956b76d05a7ce3950d7a31bb.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

That’s the first time I read or hear the word « Nollywood »!

And it's the 2nd biggest film industry in the world! Even bigger than Hollywood!

• Like 2

Popular Sudanese singer Shaden Hussein, 37, has been killed in crossfire at her home in Khartoum's twin city of Omdurman, her family and friends announced on social media.

Her death unleashed a wave of sympathy online, drawing attention to the dangers to which residents of the Sudanese capital are exposed because of continuing fighting between the army and a rival paramilitary, the Rapid Support Forces (RSF).

In a live audio recording streamed online shortly before her death on Friday, Hussein could be heard telling her 15-year-old-son Hamoudy to stay away from the windows. She also made reference to being appropriately dressed in case she died. "We are going to die ready wearing full clothes," she said.

SC

On 14/01/2023 at 15:04, LWCZ said:

Russian actress Inna Churikova, in Central and Eastern Europe possibly best known for her role as Marfushka in Jack Frost (Морозко, 1964), dead at 79.

Inna Churikova's widower, director Gleb Panfilov has according to Russian media been hospitalised after suffering a stroke and now fighting pneumonia. 

• Like 2

On 04/04/2022 at 18:33, Gisooo said:

This is a list of oldest surviving foreign actors/actresses

Israel

Dvora Kedar (Wiki) - born 1924

Pnina Gary (Wiki) - born 1927

Naomi Polani (Wiki) - born 1927

Lea Koenig (Wiki) - born 1929

Miriam Zohar (Wiki) - born 1931

Dalia Friedland (Wiki) - born 1935

Rivka Michaeli (Wiki) - born 1938

Gila Almagor (Wiki) - born 1939

Dvora Kedar dvead at 98.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Bob Soler (Wiki), Filipino actor who is known locally as the first actor to portray Captain Barbel, the Filipino version of Superman/Shazam, dead at 86

• Like 1

Oh god that’s another big one in France ! Singer Jean Louis Murat dead at 71. He was one of my parents favorite singer, a really talented guy both in performance and lyrics. A niche name though since he didn’t reach the stardom he deserved.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just read the news about Jean-Louis Murat. Obviously I mainly know him via the Mylène Farmer duo 'Regrets' and co-writing 'Un Singe En Hiver' and 'Karma Hirls' for Indochine, but liked what I heard of his other music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Just read the news about Jean-Louis Murat. Obviously I mainly know him via the Mylène Farmer duo 'Regrets' and co-writing 'Un Singe En Hiver' and 'Karma Hirls' for Indochine, but liked what I heard of his other music.

Regrets is a fav of mine, I’m going to see Mylene in concert in a month btw ! Their duet was great ! 

Classic Chinese actress Zheng Zhenyao dead at 86 after suffering from Alzheimer's.

In 2004 she played a dying matriarch in Shanghai Story. Very ironic, considering she has died too now. Life imitates art once again.

:P

• Like 4