harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Jerry Lee Lewis

On 23/03/2022 at 23:59, Redrumours said:

Seems to be in good nick.

Is that his own hair? If so respect to any octogenarian male with hair like that. 

jerryleelewis.png.10a1a1156a8094838c1e15ff3061e990.png

Picture that's apparently from the 19th of April. Looks suprisingly good here too compared to the pictures and that video from last year

Has a small speech at 1:16. Frail but doing much better than he did last year, however I would not be suprised if he ends up a DL hit this year

On 19/05/2022 at 15:46, arghton said:

Has a small speech at 1:16. Frail but doing much better than he did last year, however I would not be suprised if he ends up a DL hit this year

https://www.facebook.com/JerryLeeLewis/videos/793289238300736

Watched the whole thing posted on JLL's facebook. After Kix Brooks' long speech, Ronnie Dunn who looks like he's in great pain says "thekilla", a chair is brought onto the stage and Lewis appears, assisted by a walking frame and three people he walks a few metres and sits on that chair.

leelewis.png.9937997622e117700c044882c286825f.png

He gets a standing ovation, and had his speech:

Thank you, thank you very much. I'd like to say it's a great honor, a great pleasure to be here in the country music hall of fame and um, my name is Jerry Lee Lewis, and I love everybody and I thinksomeofthebodieswinthemyubrbe and I'm just overwhelmed that that they they ask me to be here today to onomysefytothe countrymusic hall of fame. And it's great always great to be recognized and good forth the effort the showyousemthp and the rhn right way and be a good person and treat your people right, treat your fans right and I've been so since great (some completely inaudible mumbling here) it's great of me to (more inaudible mumbling) but I'm here, I love you, I-I couldn't've done it without you, and I, I'm just looking forward to to the fausoveyoumyoum get down to the binnash. Okay?

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-devil-and-jerry-lee-lewis-79638/

Here's an article for those who are interested on his life, 1979

“I’d be out on the road with the band,” he remembered one night in Los Angeles, “and we’d take Biphetamine and be wa-a-ay up. Then we’d decide we’d try Placidyls and go wa-a-ay down.” Whitten laughed. “First time they got busted,” he said, “it was in some motel in Texas. The cops claimed they found 700 pills. Two hundred of ’em were for the boys, the rest were Jerry’s.

• Thanks 1

As has been pointed out, he looks terrible but then he's looked terrible since the 80s and he's still here. A real coffin dodger especially in the context of his contemporaries. 

• Like 1

282137918_10160400934186042_513110515500

• Haha 9

On 12/07/2022 at 14:35, arghton said:

New video, "Doing okay"

Based on that song, I hope he doesn't give up the day job. 

• Like 1

Jerry Lee is that type of celebrity that you can't believe is still alive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HDS said:

His social media handlers mention he was “too ill with the flu” to attend the ceremony. Photo included. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj6eS8KgV8o/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

That Instagram photo is quite telling!

The blue "suitcase" in the lower left hand side is a Philips oxygen concentrator - so he's clearly on supplimental oxygen.  If this is related to his flu or he is on it long term is up for debate.

https://www.philips.co.uk/healthcare/product/HC0044100/everflo-q-home-oxygen-concentrator

If only the resolution on the photo was better, then it could be determined what the bottles on the bedside table are for.  Most likely they are for this bout of the flu.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I wouldn't be suprised if his lungs are completely fucked from long over half a century of smoking cigarettes, weed, cigars, e-cigarettes, everything. Someone I've known (but met only once in recent years, don't know much about his current condition) has one of those for advanced COPD, didn't see it the first time I looked at the picture. 

• Like 2

JLL's sister Linda Gail Lewis, on facebook today/yesterday:

"Please pray for my dear brother, he’s going thru a hard time and needs our prayers and postive thoughts right now. Thank you so much"

• Like 10
  • Shocked 2

7 minutes ago, arghton said:

JLL's sister Linda Gail Lewis, on facebook today/yesterday:

"Please pray for my dear brother, he’s going thru a hard time and needs our prayers and postive thoughts right now. Thank you so much"

ohoh not a good sign !  

• Like 1

Heavy flu at his age, and his lifestyle... he doesn't seem to be able to recover from it. Though for now, it's only been a week. At some point, the body runs out of gas but with flu/pneumonia and so on, it doesn't have to be the end yet. These things can knock you out for a while. But if he's still in bad shape in another week, I'd say that's it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Heavy flu at his age, and his lifestyle... he doesn't seem to be able to recover from it. Though for now, it's only been a week. At some point, the body runs out of gas but with flu/pneumonia and so on, it doesn't have to be the end yet. These things can knock you out for a while. But if he's still in bad shape in another week, I'd say that's it.

So you think that he’s not fucked and that he will pull through ? 

• Like 1

Some Twitter users claim that he is out of the hospital with this photo. Do we know if this is a new one ? 

5E7DBB6F-6D81-4FE7-ACB9-045A782A3BF2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tracy said:

God, am I mad at myself !! I was refreshing Twitter for 20 minutes, waiting for that News to come up. I let it down to read a little and one minute after, he’s dead…

not that shocking, still sad. Two country icons gone in a month. RIP !

• Like 3

He was in bad shape with something around the end of last year judging from the comments people who know him gave at the time. That time we weren't told what it was but there was a period of absence from public and no recent images posted by relatives.

He's had many brushes with death and I'm amazed by how he's alive. He's a hellraiser who has used everything and outlived his healthier contemporaties. He's used cocaine, amphetamines, sleeping pills, painkillers, everything, smoked everything and a massive alcohol consumer.

Oh wait, now he's dead. 

Oh wait, now he's alive again.

• Like 2

Things that didn’t age well part 784: 

• Haha 5