harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Jerry Lee Lewis

48 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Jimmy Swaggart isn't dead.

They likely confused him with Tub-a-shite Jerry Falwell or Oral Roberts.

Oh how we don't miss them.

• Like 1

Had me thinking that I had another hit, when I read that. lol

1 minute ago, En Passant said:

That's bound to work :facepalm:.

Yeah, she'll inherit all his copyrights!

25 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Fuck!!

For a moment I thought that said that he had renewed his marriage vows with wife aged 7.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 11/05/2020 at 04:27, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Lloyd Price (Lawdy Miss Clawdy, Personality) was a star on Specialty Records before Little Richard - he’s still about. There’s also Leon Hughes of the Coasters, Huey “Piano” Smith, Frankie Avalon and Fabian. Most of the UK rock and rollers are still about - Tommy Steele, Marty Wilde, Terry Dene, Wee Willie Harris, Jim Dale. Vera Lynn counts too, she had UK number ones in the 50s. 

Lloyd Price reportedly dead: https://twitter.com/soultrackscom/status/1390766285839945728

• Like 1

Jerry Lee Lewis going home from the rehab center 2 years to the day after he suffered a stroke

Screenshot_20210608-115633.png

46 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Jerry Lee Lewis going home from the rehab center 2 years to the day after he suffered a stroke

Screenshot_20210608-115633.png

Get. Him. On. The. List!!

13 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Video from October. Looks dreadful.

Thought about dropping him for next year. Maybe I’ll keep in on my list actually !

Apparently the video has been deleted from youtube. Here are pictures from mid-september and the start of october:

jllsept2021.png.fe19659d49f7b843abd8abc4a93458e1.pngjerryleelewisoct2021.png.c21ca16f2c8f3bab80073cd9784a6108.png

Posted on facebook fan groups, but the video was apparently taken after that second picture. Has there been anything on him since that?

Should return to the list.

• Like 1

Guess who's back- back again

Jerry Lee's back- tell a friend

(Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back)

Great pick, would be suprised if he makes it through the year.

I'm not 100% sure this is him, but Murray Silver Jr. (author of Great Balls of Fire: The Uncensored Story of Jerry Lee Lewis, 1982) seems to have (accidentally?) said something in the comments of Jerry's official facebook page's latest post, bottom one from september and top one from december:

jerryleelewis.png.598eb495ee30ad0a4a5ce1d25c1fb18a.png

Anyways, there's a great article here archived on the United Press International site about him getting hospitalised for drug detoxification 35 years ago.

The entertainer, known by the nickname 'The Killer' because of his effect on audiences, has been in and out of hospitals with a variety of problems in the last several years.

He said Lewis also had a small infection on his leg that he wanted treated so he flew in from Memphis and Embry picked him up and took him to Vanderbilt Medical Center on Friday.

Lewis had to go through detoxification before he could check into the Betty Ford Center to be treated for drug addiction, Embry said. He said Lewis has a few more days in the hospital and will probably go to the California hospital on Friday.

The Betty Ford Center at Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, just outside of the desert resort town of Palm Springs, has been popular among celebrities seeking treatment for drug or alcohol addiction. The list of past patients includes Elizabeth Taylor, Liza Minelli, Robert Mitchum, Tony Curtis, Johnny Cash, Eileen Brennan, Mary Tyler Moore and Chevy Chase. His personal life has been a parade of upheavals, including six marriages, losing two wives and two sons to accidents, alcoholism, health problems, broken bones and a battle with the IRS.

How the hell has he lived this far?

On 01/01/2022 at 19:19, arghton said:

Great pick, would be suprised if he makes it through the year.

I'm not 100% sure this is him, but Murray Silver Jr. (author of Great Balls of Fire: The Uncensored Story of Jerry Lee Lewis, 1982) seems to have (accidentally?) said something in the comments of Jerry's official facebook page's latest post, bottom one from september and top one from december:

jerryleelewis.png.598eb495ee30ad0a4a5ce1d25c1fb18a.png

Anyways, there's a great article here archived on the United Press International site about him getting hospitalised for drug detoxification 35 years ago.

The entertainer, known by the nickname 'The Killer' because of his effect on audiences, has been in and out of hospitals with a variety of problems in the last several years.

He said Lewis also had a small infection on his leg that he wanted treated so he flew in from Memphis and Embry picked him up and took him to Vanderbilt Medical Center on Friday.

Lewis had to go through detoxification before he could check into the Betty Ford Center to be treated for drug addiction, Embry said. He said Lewis has a few more days in the hospital and will probably go to the California hospital on Friday.

The Betty Ford Center at Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, just outside of the desert resort town of Palm Springs, has been popular among celebrities seeking treatment for drug or alcohol addiction. The list of past patients includes Elizabeth Taylor, Liza Minelli, Robert Mitchum, Tony Curtis, Johnny Cash, Eileen Brennan, Mary Tyler Moore and Chevy Chase. His personal life has been a parade of upheavals, including six marriages, losing two wives and two sons to accidents, alcoholism, health problems, broken bones and a battle with the IRS.

How the hell has he lived this far?

It's always the hellraisers. And especially when it's Jerry Lee. The old grim reaper is probably warming up his scythe though.

Unfortunately in his current health, he's probably one more stroke away.

On 25/03/2011 at 20:42, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I know we're only supposed to start threads when so and so's attached to a drip, but hey, LG started a Dio thread whilst he was gambolling around like a spring lamb and within the year the poor chap had incurable cancer. Not that I'm wishing ill to either of these fine fellows (or drug-addled perv/paedo if you prefer), but they did a lot of hard living, let's not forget.

Wish I could provide some news, but I've been told that the Little Richard forum is always worth keeping an eye on.

I'm sure Anubis would approve, and we could always post some quality

/

action.

(Edit: looks like the thread's becoming a one-stop shop for all things 50s-rockin', which may not be such a bad thing and might keep the cobwebs away).

I'm in my early/mid 40's brought up listening to 50's rock n' roll and motown. When Jerry Lee Lewis goes it will definitely be the end of an era. He's outlived most from that period.

275493419_7065472026860540_8188155801333842830_n.thumb.jpg.de4e805aeb97f24ee31b5dd410f63202.jpg

Recent picture, apparently from the 9th of March. Posted in a facebook fan group.

22 hours ago, arghton said:

275493419_7065472026860540_8188155801333842830_n.thumb.jpg.de4e805aeb97f24ee31b5dd410f63202.jpg

Recent picture, apparently from the 9th of March. Posted in a facebook fan group.

Do the initials on his t-shirt indicate that he's in a home?

My Mum is older than him but looks a decade younger.

Well he didn't look like the picture of health at 50, in 1986:

jerryleelewis31_.jpg.e20f2a5a9abdf01c4563d2d5ac99c3eb.jpg

That"s 36 years ago!

He used amphetamines, alcohol and barbiturates for years and nearly died in 1981 from a large ulcer. Not to mention that he was already reported to have been "in and out of hospital in recent years" around when that picture above was taken. Most longstanding coffin tease alive? 

Recent photo from just the other day 

New album due to be released later this year.

Screenshot_20220323-155527.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phantom said:

Recent photo from just the other day 

New album due to be released later this year.

Screenshot_20220323-155527.png

Seems to be in good nick.