harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Jerry Lee Lewis

The Independent link reporting him dead is still live. Probably because they’re so far in the shitter financially that they need the clicks.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The Independent link reporting him dead is still live. Probably because they’re so far in the shitter financially that they need the clicks.

Probably more because they don’t have many staff on duty to update because of the financial issues. I think just as many people would click the link to hear about the false report of his death 

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Gone. Jerry lives.

I'm thinking that tweet about him being out of hospital was completely legit.

Just now, When The said:

wait if he isn't dead why does the main deathlist say he's dead

Probably to wait for certain confirmation because it seems "journalists" don't know what is going on either.

1 minute ago, ladyfiona said:

Probably to wait for certain confirmation because it seems "journalists" don't know what is going on either.

this entire situation is bananas I can't even tell what's going on anymore

2 minutes ago, When The said:

wait if he isn't dead why does the main deathlist say he's dead

Where do you see that « the main deathlist » has him dead ?

Variety checks in, with a comment from his representative:

“He’s alive. TMZ reported erroneously off of a bullshit anonymous tip,” Lewis’ rep told Variety.

I like that the Variety writer even comments that saying he's "alive and well" would be a stretch :D

1 minute ago, tracy said:

Wonder if it’s the case of situation Where he will be anounced dead tomorrow

• Like 2

The Tony Dow situation earlier this year was far more understandable, because it was a statement directly from his team that misreported him as dead. This was just really shoddy stuff from all the outlets that picked up on it. TMZ is usually right on this but that's no excuse to just use them as the source instead of getting direct confirmation from a spokesperson. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Wonder if it’s the case of situation Where he will be anounced dead tomorrow

I hope so. The shame nightmares I'll have about being the first to post TMZ's false report won't go away until he actually croaks.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tracy said:

I like that the Variety writer even comments that saying he's "alive and well" would be a stretch :D

Is there any confirmation that this rep's comment isn't more bullshit?

In true rock and roll fashion, Jerry Lee slices through the media's legitimacy as they scramble to get a scoop.

C07C59AC-0D16-41D2-8BBD-9236CC77A49D.thumb.jpeg.90f19e9af5e3fcf133c350ebd46ea9f8.jpegJerry Lee Lewis’ sister posted again a few hours ago. She acknowledged the hoax though she is still asking you to included JLL in your prayers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HDS said:

C07C59AC-0D16-41D2-8BBD-9236CC77A49D.thumb.jpeg.90f19e9af5e3fcf133c350ebd46ea9f8.jpegJerry Lee Lewis’ sister posted again a few hours ago. She acknowledged the hoax though she is still asking you to included JLL in your prayers.

She also mentions he is at home, not in hospital.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

This is actually an important point. Many people when they are close to dying, decide to return home to spend their last days because it's what they want. My own great grandfather did the same thing as well.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

2 hours ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

This is actually an important point. Many people when they are close to dying, decide to return home to spend their last days because it's what they want. My own great grandfather did the same thing as well.

Important points, both. We never got to the bottom of if those “home from the hospital” pics just before the TMZ obit release were new/legit or not. 

I have not seen anything else from JLL social media. The statement issued by his representatives doesn’t offer the usual “read between the lines” statements like asking for privacy or resting comfortably, just shot down the TMZ report. Not a game of Telephone, just a hoax.

Maybe he dies before I finish typing this post, but I’m suspicious this won’t be resolved imminently.

I could see it being like George Boscawen, who coincidentally died days after a Wiki death hoax. JLL's tank seems low even by his standards.

• Like 1