Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

Sara Douglass

Australian author Sara Douglass has announced on her website that she is suffering from advanced ovarian cancer.

Moosey I'm fascinated at your passion for Sara Douglass. She looks pretty well to me. Do enlighten us.

Edited by DevonDeathTrip
This post was in response to Moosey's 2010 DDP Team

Moosey I'm fascinated at your passion for Sara Douglass. She looks pretty well to me. Do enlighten us.

Meh. Not much recent news on her I admit, but she was in a pretty serious way last year and I didn't find any evidence that it was all fixed yet. Her most recent blog entry heavily implies that cancer is still an issue for her (without going into any detail about her current prognosis).

Actually, it's worth a read - An Angry Post - and should be compulsory reading for all would-be ranters who visit this site: it's an excellent study in how to rant with passion, intelligence and eloquence.

Meh. Not much recent news on her I admit, but she was in a pretty serious way last year and I didn't find any evidence that it was all fixed yet. Her most recent blog entry heavily implies that cancer is still an issue for her (without going into any detail about her current prognosis).

Actually, it's worth a read - An Angry Post - and should be compulsory reading for all would-be ranters who visit this site: it's an excellent study in how to rant with passion, intelligence and eloquence.

Great blog. I saw another one on similar lines recently moaning about all those news reports that use words like "battling" with cancer, when he didn't feel he was battling at all. With such an articulate woman it's difficult to guess the date of demise. But if she's still around next year, I would want her for my list.

Sara Douglass recently posted on her Facebook page that she was "going through a really bad patch" and hasn't been heard from since.

She composed an excellent blog post on death last May.

The Silence Of The Dying

Today I speak as one among the dying. Two years ago I was diagnosed with cancer. Six months ago it came back. It is going to kill me at some stage. Now everyone wants a date, an expected life span, an answer to the ‘how long have you got?’ question. I don’t know. I’m sorry to be inconvenient. I am not in danger of imminent demise, but I will not live very long.

Sara Douglass recently posted on her Facebook page that she was "going through a really bad patch" and hasn't been heard from since.

Mmmm I spotted that. Actually the following day she posted "I want today to be OVER" - and someone "liked" that. Could it be someone else who has her in their team :burnash: , or just a dim fan, I wonder.

The death of Diana Wynne Jones today prompted me to check Facebook page of Sara Douglass, another fantasy author (and a pick on my DPP team).

She's still well enough to keep us informed of her health and gave this snippet of info last week.

Still battling, not getting any better. And, of course, just when I can't do a thing about it I have a brilliant idea for a new book ... dammit

Given how prolific she has been in the past, she could be in pretty dire straits if she doesn't think it's worth starting another piece of work.

Not looking good....

Hi guys. Sorry so much for being so long away. Am still very ill. Do little else but lie in bed all day. Not writing. Sorry to all but thank you to everyone for thoughts

Guest Guest

I'm a bit gutted by that.I used to read her blog.Death is so..real..isn't it :lol:

But if she's still around next year, I would want her for my list.

Did you take your own advice and pick her up this year?

I must confess that she missed the cut on my list for once, so poor judgement means no points for me.

:sicktherm:

But if she's still around next year, I would want her for my list.

Did you take your own advice and pick her up this year?

I must confess that she missed the cut on my list for once, so poor judgement means no points for me.

:sicktherm:

No points for me and possibly good judgement on your part, for Sara Douglass hasn't yet got the required UK obituary. I did think that she'd get a mention somewhere, but no news source this side of the equator has noted her passing. I was surprised by this, but perhaps she only became famous in own my mind as I'd been keeping up with her health news since 2008. Even so, when you think of the complete and utter nobodies who the Guardian give obituaries to, you might expect that a multi million selling author like Sara Douglass to almost a fairly safe bet. It's a funny old game.

Ah well, at least I didn't pick her as my joker. *Waves at Toast 7.gif *

7.gif

[optimism]Plenty of time yet [/optimism]