Vaagheid

Lauren Bacall

A couple of days after Liz Taylor's dead i started wondering how other classic Hollywood actresses were doing health-wise.

One of these actresses being Lauren Bacall (The Big Sleep). So i did a quick (and shallow) search on the internet just to discover that there is little to no news on her.

So my next step would have been to post a question like "Does anyone know how Lauren Bacall is doing these days?" on her thread in the hope that the more trained celebrity health-trackers (like DevonDeathTrip or Rotten Ali) could tell me... well, how she is doing these days.

But then i found out to my disapointment that Lauren Bacall didn't have her own thread. So after some consideration, I decided to do something what may bring forth some angry posts, I posted a new thread.

I did consider two things before making such a drastic decision.

1) Is she famous enough: Yes

2) Is she old/frail/sick enough: She's surdenly old enough to atleast get some attention in the upcoming years (turning 87 this year). I don't know if she's frail/sick because i really couldn't find that much news about her (which must be a sign on it's own).

So.......Does anyone know how Lauren Bacall is doing these days?

Guest Guest
A couple of days after Liz Taylor's dead i started wondering how other classic Hollywood actresses were doing health-wise.

One of these actresses being Lauren Bacall (The Big Sleep). So i did a quick (and shallow) search on the internet just to discover that there is little to no news on her.

So my next step would have been to post a question like "Does anyone know how Lauren Bacall is doing these days?" on her thread in the hope that the more trained celebrity health-trackers (like DevonDeathTrip or Rotten Ali) could tell me... well, how she is doing these days.

But then i found out to my disapointment that Lauren Bacall didn't have her own thread. So after some consideration, I decided to do something what may bring forth some angry posts, I posted a new thread.

2) Is she old/frail/sick enough: She's surdenly old enough to atleast get some attention in the upcoming years (turning 87 this year). I don't know if she's frail/sick because i really couldn't find that much news about her (which must be a sign on it's own).

does Doris Day have her own thread? She must be getting on a bit too

does Doris Day have her own thread? She must be getting on a bit too

Yes, she has

Here it is: The Doris Day-thread

Lauren Bacall is said to suffure from dysphonia, born 1924 - not too well of late but who knows - may go tomorrow - may live to 100.

Useless factoid: Last celeb to be mentioned in Madonna's 'Vogue' to still be alive.

Is still relatively sprightly. Looking at her imdb page she is still making movies.

Somebody to keep an eye on but a bit like Olivia Dehavilland I think she will flourish into her 90s.

Anybody heard ony news on Joan Fontaine who turned 94 this year?

This is one pick that surprised me but at 90 it seems legitimate. I have no evidence to say it is a bad pick and someone may have an excellent justification for it.

Useless factoid: Last celeb to be mentioned in Madonna's 'Vogue' to still be alive.

Damn I was just going to quote that after listening to Vogue last night.

Glad I checked otherwise some people (mentioning no names) would have got quite grumpy!

The Humphrey Bogart Estate now also confirms it.

Of all the gin joints in all the.............. oh wait sorry that was the other one.

Variety has the story. Looks like the hoax report was a hoax.

Wow, apparently she was in an episode of Family Guy earlier this year - i.e. she provided a guest voice (I must be one of the first people with an IQ above 90 to find out that fact!) OMG TEH KURSE, TEH KURRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE

Also as one inevitable TMZ comment said "These always come in 3s, who will be the third?!!!??!". I vote for Castro (must be an odd experience for him to actually be voted for).

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Wow, apparently she was in an episode of Family Guy earlier this year - i.e. she provided a guest voice (I must be one of the first people with an IQ above 90 to find out that fact!) OMG TEH KURSE, TEH KURRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE

Also as one inevitable TMZ comment said "These always come in 3s, who will be the third?!!!??!". I vote for Castro (must be an odd experience for him to actually be voted for).

Comes in three's? Well who has 3 names...Zsa Zsa Gabor !

She Rat Packed her bags, & left us.

Guest christina

She died today

Guest bill mcfarlane

Bacall is dead. Sadly result of a stroke.

Guest christina

She died today

Not saying that about everyone, but classy lady till the end.