Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

José Alencar

Jose Alencar, the Vice President of Brazil, is suffering from abdominal cancer.

Last week, after undergoing chemotherapy, he admitted that his condition is serious.

'Pray for me, because things look bad,' he told reporters.

José Alencar - Brazilian VP now suffering from abdominal cancer.

José Alencar has suffered a setback after a new tumour was found in his abdomen.

Guest Socrates

Doctors say Brazilian Vice President Jose Alencar is in stable condition after undergoing a 17-hour surgery to remove abdominal tumors.

The press office of the Hospital Sirio-Libanes says Alencar is recovering at the facility's intensive care unit.

Alencar's doctors told local media on Monday that the surgery went "very well," but it was not clear yet when he will be able to leave the hospital.

The vice president remains sedated and not breathing on his own. He will need chemotherapy sessions.

The 77-year-old Alencar has been battling abdominal cancer since 1997. He has undergone at least six similar surgeries over the past five years, including one at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York.

Cancer riddled Brazilian Vice President Jose Alencar, who underwent a seventeen hour operation earlier this year, has gone under the knife again. This time eighteen tumours were removed from his abdomen.

Jose Alencar's experimental cancer treatment has failed and more tumours have been found in his abdomen. He's going back to good ol' chemotherapy.

This report (in Portugese) says that he's ready to die (I think).

Does anyone here speak Spanish, because Alencar is was trending on twitter (and i am wondering why)

Does anyone here speak Spanish, because Alencar is was trending on twitter (and i am wondering why)

Because he had a heart attack.

Cancer riddled Brazilian Vice President Jose Alencar, who underwent a seventeen hour operation earlier this year, has gone under the knife again. This time eighteen tumours were removed from his abdomen.

Docs worried about condition of Brazilian VP

Published December 23, 2010

| EFE

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/.../#ixzz19Rm46tsW

The medical team treated Brazilian Vice President Jose Alencar managed to stop the bleeding from an intestinal tumor, but his condition remains "worrying," Sao Paulo's Sirio-Libanes Hospital said Thursday.

Alencar remains in the intensive care unit "for treatment of a digestive hemorrhage attributed to the bleeding tumor in the small intestine," the hospital said in a bulletin.

The bleeding significantly decreased during the night and the vice president is awake and alert.

The 79-year-old Alencar, who has been battling cancer for more than a decade, is breathing on his own, doctors said.

"The vice president is at the most difficult moment, when the illness begins to be more aggressive, but we don't want to say that it is out of control," attending physician Raul Cutait told reporters.

Alencar was released from Sirio-Libanes just six days ago after a month-long hospitalization. He has undergone 17 surgical procedures aimed at containing the effects of the intestinal tumor.

A textile magnate affiliated with a small, center-right party, Alencar agreed in 2002 to become the running mate of Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, founder of the center-left Workers Party, and remained on the ticket in 2006.

Lula and Alencar will leave office Jan. 1, to be succeeded by Dilma Rousseff and Michel Temer.

The president and president-elect visited Alencar at the hospital on Thursday.

Lula has said he is confident Alencar will recover in time to take part in the New Year's Day inauguration ceremony.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/.../#ixzz19RkBmLYC

Possibly Portugese rather than Spanish?

Anyway, he's in hospital after suffering from a heart attack.

I don't speak Spanish or Portugese, but it seems a fair few sources have been reporting Mr. Alencar is in hospital with some kind of infection and his condition is "grave".

Brazilian former Vice President Jose Alencar has been released from hospital after five weeks, having survived a nasty bout of peritoinitis. He has returned home, but, if Google translate has got it right, the treatment he was receiving for cancer has now been suspended. Perhaps he is now entering the palliative phase.

Jose Alencar is back in hospital and in a critical condition :)

It really doesn't look very good for him, but I'm still not too confident about his UK obit chances. He would probably have got one if he was still the incumbent Vice President.... however his term of office expired on new Years Day. Could eighteen Derby Deadpoolers all be wrong?

Whatever, I've decided to create a thread for him before it's too late.

Come on obituary!!

...er, but RIP and that.

Hmmm. I wonder if this would count? (I love giving TMIB these conundrums to ponder over :) )

The BBC reported his heart problems in November and he was a long time in international politics. That obit worthy report will surely come. You remain an inferno of dead pooling talent DDT, respect!

That's another on my list. Better update my signature to reflect this.

Flip. And here was me thinking I was in with a chance of being player of the month. :)

I noticed back in January that he wasn't even in my top fifty. Must have been a senior moment.

DDT turning the DDP into a procession this year, if I'm Danny Fiszman or Jim Stynes right now I'm double-checking my will.

DDT turning the DDP into a procession this year, if I'm Danny Fiszman or Jim Stynes right now I'm double-checking my will.

Shoe-in to beat his own record of 13 hits in a year after reaching 7 of those in just 3 months I'd think...and with a joker most probably to come!

Don't know about that, bear in mind that the teams in second and third place picked Jose Alencar and Diana Wynne-Jones as well. It's not a lone breakaway and I don't think we've built up a big enough lead to get away from the pelaton. It's also worth bearing in mind that Daniel Faraday's Notebook (aka Garn 2) has got that bishop who told everyone he had a few weeks to live, er, a few weeks ago, so he could be going in to the lead any day now (I'm sooo jealous of that pick btw, I always fancied myself as the clerics expert round here :) ).

Dr McPherson is still getting out and about rather too much for my liking as well.

Guest Guest

he's not hit no 5 though :)