Sign in to follow this  
time

Bryan Ferry (And Roxy Music)

Bryan Ferry in 'mystery health scare'.
  • Like 1

I could get behind a brave and slow battle against cancer for Ferry that'd see him in a few hundred DDP teams next year.

Status upgraded to "seriously ill"

Typical Daily Mail form! Nothing in the article to back up his condition being any worse than reported earlier.

No doubt everyone will be pleased to hear he's been released from hospital to recover at home.

His up-coming tour hasn't been affected.

Good, because I'm going to one of the gigs. Hope he'll be OK.

No doubt everyone will be pleased to hear he's been realeade from hospital to recover at home.

Is that non-alcoholic real ale, or summat?

Typical Daily Mail form! Nothing in the article to back up his condition being any worse than reported earlier.

No doubt everyone will be pleased to hear he's been released from hospital to recover at home.

Says his tour begins in Israel on April 19, wasn't he in trouble a few years back for a comment he made saying he admired the Nazis' sense of style? Probably didn't endear him to certain people there...

Well, if he dies, I'll remember him as the guy who wrote the end song from "Legend".

Well, if he dies, I'll remember him as the guy who wrote the end song from "Legend".

I'll remember him for somewhat more than that....

51qHdZdePGL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

roxfyp3.jpg

stranded.jpg

country-life.jpg

siren.jpg

manifesto.jpg

flesh-and-blood.jpg

avalon.jpg

I for one hope he has a swift recovery...

Same old scene.

Sorry, but I can't stand him. I've always thought he was an odious peice of shit, lacking in any musical talent whatsover and spewing out right-wing drivel whenever he opens his mouth off stage.

Sorry, but I can't stand him. I've always thought he was an odious peice of shit, lacking in any musical talent whatsover and spewing out right-wing drivel whenever he opens his mouth off stage.

Mo Tucker supports the Tea Party. Do I care? No. The Velvets were superb and so were Roxy. End of...

Mo Tucker supports the Tea Party. Do I care? No. The Velvets were superb and so were Roxy. End of...

Hmph. I suppose I wouldn't wish him dead, disabled, or even lobotomised with his vocal cords removed. Maybe it's because I just can't get in to Roxy Music, but all I associate him with are images of swastikas, a dodgy John Lennon cover, torn up foxes and adverts for menswear. But I do recognise that's a pretty one eyed view, so long may he prosper and make others happy. :)

Hmph. I suppose I wouldn't wish him dead, disabled, or even lobotomised with his vocal cords removed. Maybe it's because I just can't get in to Roxy Music, but all I associate him with are images of swastikas, a dodgy John Lennon cover, torn up foxes and adverts for menswear. But I do recognise that's a pretty one eyed view, so long may he prosper and make others happy. :)

I wont deny he has dabbled in the far right, but so did Bowie and I aint throwing away of his albums, bet even Billy Bragg doesn't!

I'll remember him for somewhat more than that....

51qHdZdePGL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

roxfyp3.jpg

stranded.jpg

country-life.jpg

siren.jpg

manifesto.jpg

flesh-and-blood.jpg

avalon.jpg

I for one hope he has a swift recovery...

Yeah,I'd remember him from that, too, I just wanted to point out that he did the end theme from Legend. :) :)

Yeah,I'd remember him from that, too, I just wanted to point out that he did the end theme from Legend. :) :)

That'd be the leg-end theme then?

Roxy Music's original bassist Graham Simpson, who played on their first album, has died.

Roxy's saxophonist Andy Mackay takes a shot at Soho's potential "nightmare of squalor" on the lifting of restrictions on the sale of alcohol following the COVID pandemic (which we are still in, btw): https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8496221/Roxy-Music-star-Andy-Mackay-wants-Soho-party-over.html

Yeah, 73 year old man is a NIMBY. Wow.

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Roxy's saxophonist Andy Mackay takes a shot at Soho's potential "nightmare of squalor" on the lifting of restrictions on the sale of alcohol following the COVID pandemic (which we are still in, btw): https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8496221/Roxy-Music-star-Andy-Mackay-wants-Soho-party-over.html

Yeah, 73 year old man is a NIMBY. Wow.

He's right though.  If you read past the snideness in the article, his point is clear. 

15 minutes ago, Toast said:

He's right though.  If you read past the snideness in the article, his point is clear. 

Oh I agree it's too early to open the way Westminster has for England, particularly in London.

But it is the chance you take living in Soho. That's why I don't live in Sauchiehall Street!

"He now seems to have undergone a metamorphosis into a grumpy old man.

The working-class rock star, who once said the best thing about being in a famous band was the girls, tells me he fears his beloved Soho, where he has lived for decades, is about to be submerged beneath ‘a nightmare’ of squalor."

Lol. I go through Soho all the time. Every weekend it's busy but it was only packed full at the weekend because it's sitting only in the bars and it was the novelty of them being open for the first time in months that drew such big crowds. He's lived there for decades and during that time it has always been a party district. In fact, arguably it used to be busier and there was far more pubs in the past. Gentrification has meant far more wanky expensive restaurants now occupy most of the units. Anyway, just don't see why he's moaning. Boomer wants attention etc.

• Like 1

Genuine witty desecration of local signage, Scotland

315753553_10159566635990353_141636996235

• Like 1
  • Haha 4