DevonDeathTrip

Phil Collins (And Other Genesis Types)

The tour has kicked off.  The most surprising thing is that Phil thinks he is a good enough singer to cover Edith Piaf(!)

http://www.genesis-news.com/news-Phil-Collins-live-in-Liverpool-Setlist-first-impressions-n519.html

"Towards the end of the show Phil stated: "I was dubious about doing any of this again, seriously, but tonight you've helped restore my faith in my ability. You really have.""

3 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Phil's touring Australia in January, so well enough to get out here. Heaven help us.

Great news - if he's taken ill down there he might not be well enough to get back here!

• Haha 2

Phil Collins is 68 today! :birthday:

Doesn't seem to have great reviews of his tour in the Southern Hemisphere....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Phil Collins is 68 today! :birthday:

Doesn't seem to have great reviews of his tour in the Southern Hemisphere....

Probably because he’s performing Phil Collins songs.....

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Not much new I'd imagine. Phil Collins walking with a stick after multiple back surgeries: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7488951/Phil-Collins-68-aided-walking-stick-leaves-tour-rehearsals-Miami.html

You can't hurry … anywhere....

Take a look at me now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/09/2019 at 02:09, YoungWillz said:

Not much new I'd imagine. Phil Collins walking with a stick after multiple back surgeries: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7488951/Phil-Collins-68-aided-walking-stick-leaves-tour-rehearsals-Miami.html

When he goes for a slash he sings "I Missed Again"

• Like 1

On 22/09/2019 at 02:09, YoungWillz said:

Su-Su-Sue my back surgeon

Saw the pictures today, he looks really really frail and in much worse health than the other classic Genesis members like Gabriel, Hackett, Banks and Rutherford who all seem in good health for their age

Maybe he should rename his tour Not Dead Yet But It Won't Be Long ... :mellow:

Damn, he really does look extremely frail. Almost reminds me of McCririck, or Mark E Smith...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Damn, he really does look extremely frail. Almost reminds me of McCririck, or Mark E Smith...

Could you imagine Phil Collins as frontman of The Fall though

• Haha 4

Collins gives a brief health update, citing back surgery among other things. Hm...

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Collins gives a brief health update, citing back surgery among other things. Hm...

Aye, it's more how frail in general he looks that's got me keeping tabs on him. Always thought him a big enough ego not to go down the self-destruction route by way of alcohol but he looks like he has miles on that body clock so however clean he is now I'm guessing the falls etc are partly down to how he managed himself.

That (in)famous statue of Baby Jesus recently discussed across the news media

Not sure whether Phil Collins has commented yet

71646767_2519282661650861_16539956938507

• Haha 2

Collins still sounds croaky and looks like a bag of bollocks, but nethertheless he’s joining Banks and Rutherford on a new Genesis tour

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Collins still sounds croaky and looks like a bag of bollocks, but nethertheless he’s joining Banks and Rutherford on a new Genesis tour

I followed the link from the post about Slade drummer Don Powell on the dead drummers thread to discover he'd recently been "sacked" by email after Dave Hill (with whom he's worked since 1963) deemed him surplus to requirements. 

So, bit more harmony all round in Genesis, then

genesisanswer_pa_zp0ct.jpg

This picture on the BBC website. Shocked at how thin and frail Phil Collins is. Was contemplating trying to get tickets

Last chance to see.......?

On this day five years ago, Phil Collins was named an honourary Texan by the Texas State Legislature.  Was such a bizarre fact, needed posting.  If the Houston Chronicle is ever a QO source, sorted!

SC

Tour postponed to 2021 but extra dates added. Followed the link on FB and the accompanying photo looked like it had been nabbed from a local paper of two Tory councillors sharing a joke with a homeless man as the visit a night shelter for a bit of PR. 

Phil Collins should be on people's radar

• Like 3
  • Haha 1