Soul Dracula

Jim Bowen

What about "Smashing, Great, Super" Jim Bowen of legendary Bullesye Fame?

I guess he's still shuffling along quite nicely (another one who appeared in Peter Kay's Phoenix nights).

"And have a look at would have you could have won"....what bloody good was a speedboat for 2 friends from land-locked Sutton Coldfield?

"Stay in the black and out of the red, you get nothing in this game for two in a bed" (unless your names Sven Goran Erikson)

And Bully's star prize.........

Bullseye was always my favourite.

http://www.ukgameshows.com/index.php/Bullseye

Jim Bowen got sacked from his radio show a couple of years ago - for making a racist remark.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/2307607.stm

I read somewhere once that Jim Bowen allegedly has to take some sort of medication to keep his anger under control.

If this is the case then I'm sure it must all be taking its toll by now.

Jim Bowen got sacked from his radio show a couple of years ago - for making a racist remark.

I read somewhere once that Jim Bowen allegedly has to take some sort of medication to keep his anger under control.

Could Jim Bowen be OMJ then? - it would explain a lot. :o

Could Jim Bowen be OMJ then? - it would explain a lot. :o

By George, I think he's got it! But who is the Terminator? Another quiz show host (or hostess). I think he/she could be Anthea Redfearn or Isla St Clair. Theres a thought to conjure with.

Bowen also strikes me as the kind of guy you could get some good "build up material" before he goes, maybe an interview in The Sun or the Mail taking a wide-angle lens photo of him stumbling out of a hospital, so fuck it, give him a thread.

Feel free to start one

Bowen also strikes me as the kind of guy you could get some good "build up material" before he goes, maybe an interview in The Sun or the Mail taking a wide-angle lens photo of him stumbling out of a hospital, so fuck it, give him a thread.

Feel free to start one

I thought he had, but it seems to have disappeared.

Feel free to start one

And if you read this thread you'll understand why. Jim Bowen features quite prominently.

Feel free to start one

And if you read this thread you'll understand why. Jim Bowen features quite prominently.

I would only say about 7 or 8 mentions. But if y'all want a thread for him, I'll start one and merge all his mentions on it.

I think Bowen merits his own thread? Anyone over 70 with health problems who is "known to the man on the street" qualifies, imho. It's when people start threads for Louise Bourgiese or whoever that there's a problem.

All (most) mentions of the legendary Jim Bowen has now been merged on to this thread. Discuss.

I think Bowen merits his own thread? Anyone over 70 with health problems who is "known to the man on the street" qualifies, imho. It's when people start threads for Louise Bourgiese or whoever that there's a problem.

Never heard of her, but she's dead anyway.

As for Bowen, he seems to be recovering from this round of strokes, but he doesn't strike as the type to last past 80.

Never heard of her, but she's dead anyway.

As for Bowen, he seems to be recovering from this round of strokes, but he doesn't strike as the type to last past 80.

Story in the Independent from February.

Has anyone got any recent pics of him? When you think Bullseye was filmed in the 80's Jim would only have been around 50 years old but looked a hell of a lot older, more like in his early 70's.

Has anyone got any recent pics of him? When you think Bullseye was filmed in the 80's Jim would only have been around 50 years old but looked a hell of a lot older, more like in his early 70's.

He's 74 in August

He appears on TV from time to time, but recovering from a stroke at the moment

That's sad he's had another stroke but hey when I saw the thread was bumped I feared the worst. Poor guy. Love Jim Bowen, you can all stick your speedboat jokes where Bully's prize board lights don't shine.

He really "needs a treble" at this point though.

A thread started 12 years ago and the person isn't dead.

Oh shit here comes sir crap

• Like 3

Nah, he's had a series of strokes, is a household name in Britain and is a guaranteed obit. Can't really argue with that.

He also has emphysema which could hasten his decline further.Issue is with strokes and people over a certain age is that if you have two or more you tend to keep having them until one finishes you off.Certainly a household name who would make the news at 6 and 10 when he croaks!

• Like 1

He also has emphysema which could hasten his decline further.Issue is with strokes and people over a certain age is that if you have two or more you tend to keep having them until one finishes you off.Certainly a household name who would make the news at 6 and 10 when he croaks!

Indeed but his dead pool points will be invalidated if he dies whilst sleeping with his wife, cos there's nothing in this game for two in a bed!

• Like 3

When I was at uni in Lancaster he used to drink in one of the town centre pubs, forget its name. Anyway, we went in there specifically to watch him drown his sorrows the day after he was fired from his radio show for referring to a female caller as a "daft nig-nog". Great times.