Sign in to follow this  
3minutes2midnight

UK Heatwave

People are dropping like flies in California too.

People are dropping like flies in California too.

Glad I'm spendng the summer in Canada then, where the "Hot Hot Heat" is the mid-20s and everyone still complains. :)

meanwhile here in the soon to be Baked Apple the buds are falling from the trees and kicking up a pollen fest which is really itching my nose. The heat wave here is officially on with no relief expected until late next week. Oh well at least I'm not in Astoria. That said though, if I seem to disappear just blame Con Edison as they are terribly unreliable at anything other than electrocuting innocent pedestrians and their animals (oh and of course raising the rates every frigging month)

Guest Sinners repent!
wrathofgodji0.jpg

wrathofgodji0.jpg

Barring the fact that the d at the end looks like two letters overlapped what would it have read before?

The Wrath of Bod?

bod.jpg

The Wrath of Cod?

cod_fish.jpg

You get the idea...

Wrath of Sod?

young_tony_blair.jpg

Wrath of Mod?

paulweller.jpg

Wrath of Dodd?

Ken-Dodd.jpg

Over to you....

Well, it's plainly obvious......

rod%20hull.gif

The Wrath of Rod

or

hoddle_glen.jpg

The Wrath of Hod

Edit much later on - where the fuck has my picture gone of Glen Hoddle?

p1-110607_248596a.jpg

Ironically, the drought has lessened. The article is about a year late. Except for Alabama.

The UK is baking in temp sof up to 32 degrees this week.I think this could kill off some of the older celebs from the list.It was high temps that killed Robert Byrd this time last year .I think we will have our 5th hit this week .It will be a 90 something UK celeb.My moneys on Chapman Pincher or Anna Wing. However it could be someone really fraill like Ronnie Biggs.Anyway I'm pretty certain hit no 5 will come this week,probably no later than thursday.I cant see June ending without a hit

PS I am not suffering from heatstroke.Honest

The UK is baking in temp sof up to 32 degrees this week.I think this could kill off some of the older celebs from the list.It was high temps that killed Robert Byrd this time last year .I think we will have our 5th hit this week .It will be a 90 something UK celeb.My moneys on Chapman Pincher. However it could be someone really fraill like Ronnie Biggs.A

You Pommies must be soft if you think "up to 32 degrees" is a heatwave... ;):lol::lol:

well it is for us.We're not used to the heat.It's only expected to last 2 or 3 days though so maybe thats not long enough to kill anyone off

well it is for us.We're not used to the heat.It's only expected to last 2 or 3 days though so maybe thats not long enough to kill anyone off

It'll be over by Tuesday, and I'd hardly call 2 days of high tempreatures a heatwave. Maybe our resident weatherman Mr Kettley can confirm this?

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Fancy a choc ice?

Fancy a choc ice?

It will go straight down my bra.

Apparantely there's a massive heatwave in the USA right now.Could finish off som e of the elderly americans on the list in the days ahead.Lets keep our fingers crossed!

I just had a phone conference with someone in Saint Louis for work. After converting his temperatures report from Fahrenheit to Celsius, I understand it is a balmy 37 degrees over there.

It's getting worse...

' As the heat peaks in major population centres on the east coast, the number of deaths is expected to rise, officials warn.'

It's getting worse...

' As the heat peaks in major population centres on the east coast, the number of deaths is expected to rise, officials warn.'

Bunch of pussy Yanks, 37 is hardly a heatwave.

It's getting worse...

Bunch of pussy Yanks, 37 is hardly a heatwave.

Indeed. :)

If it's 37C in Alaska, then yeah, I'd start to worry... ;)

If it's 37C in Alaska, then yeah, I'd start to worry... :o

Coming in late to this one, but we've had a couple of months of temps well over 100F as well as no rain of consequence for longer than that.

In August 2011, the average high temperature was 104F with a high of 110F. July's average maximum was 102F with a high of 106. The last time we had any appreciable rain, which still wasn't shit, was June 21.

Just call me a pussy Yank - then you can pay my electric bill. :D

September 2014 driest on record in the UK with only 20% of the average rainfall.

Only 6 days of rain?

regards,

Hein

• Like 1