The Yeti

Irate Visitors Rage Here, If You Must.

Something must be done or the DL should list itself next year.

Agreed, it's quiet but it hadn't struck me as terminal. We could have an 'introduce a friend' scheme, seriously. Or leave business cards in London phone boxes......on second thoughts, that sucks. Or cook up some 'event' in which one of us posts something outrageous and one of us anonymously complains to the papers, always good for a bit of traffic that one.

Aye but there seems no shortage of new members, it's just that most turn out to be shite posters and few of those who aren't, bother to stick around. The one by Madcow the other day was quite provocative, having a go at Brussels sprouts and all that, but will she return? We've had a few mad cows in the past who have been quite entertaining for a while but they never stay the course. It's the existing members (including me) who are not tuning in as much as they used to do. I mean I don't miss the scream, not one bit (well maybe a tiny little bit). But where are the slaves? Where's Lady Die and Boudicca? What happened to TLC? Why did Tempus Fugit work so hard to wipe away his presence? Is he standing for Parliament or something (summat)?

Maybe generating a bit of adverse publicity wouldn't be a bad idea.

Agreed, it's quiet but it hadn't struck me as terminal. We could have an 'introduce a friend' scheme, seriously. Or leave business cards in London phone boxes......on second thoughts, that sucks. Or cook up some 'event' in which one of us posts something outrageous and one of us anonymously complains to the papers, always good for a bit of traffic that one.

Aye but there seems no shortage of new members, it's just that most turn out to be shite posters and few of those who aren't, bother to stick around. The one by Madcow the other day was quite provocative, having a go at Brussels sprouts and all that, but will she return? We've had a few mad cows in the past who have been quite entertaining for a while but they never stay the course. It's the existing members (including me) who are not tuning in as much as they used to do. I mean I don't miss the scream, not one bit (well maybe a tiny little bit). But where are the slaves? Where's Lady Die and Boudicca? What happened to TLC? Why did Tempus Fugit work so hard to wipe away his presence? Is he standing for Parliament or something (summat)?

Facebook has a lot to answer for.

A fair point, though it's percentage of frivolity is way higher than ours.

I would say that your disparate "mob mentality" has forced certain members (eg Banshee Screams, One Man Jury) to just stop bothering being involved in this site.

In terms of Banshee Screams, I have been as active as anyone to hit on his/her strange statements. However, I would never stifle those absurd reasonings. I feel the moderators and the "in crowd" are stifling a wider debate on life.

Perhaps the destlist site should be consigned to oblivion. Unfortunately, it appears to be collapsing in on itself...minimal entries...

Would anyone like to shake up this site and argue fully that this is not the case?

Oh great, I got here in time to witness the death of the deathlist? That sucks. Any other morbid sites out there one would recommend?

I would say that your disparate "mob mentality" has forced certain members (eg Banshee Screams, One Man Jury) to just stop bothering being involved in this site.

In terms of Banshee Screams, I have been as active as anyone to hit on his/her strange statements. However, I would never stifle those absurd reasonings. I feel the moderators and the "in crowd" are stifling a wider debate on life.

Perhaps the destlist site should be consigned to oblivion. Unfortunately, it appears to be collapsing in on itself...minimal entries...

Would anyone like to shake up this site and argue fully that this is not the case?

There is no mob mentality on here.

Take a look back at the poll I ran an age back regarding Mr Scream.

As many people believed that he should remain a member of this site as those that wanted him run out of town.

That plank of your argument is, respectfully, bollocks.

"In crowd?" I suppose there is a collective of members that have interacted off site and have even met each other ( Guilty M'lud ) but its hardly an "in crowd" just ordinary people, most of us posting in a manner and style vastly different to each other. We dont scheme, conspire nor do we have any agenda. We are here for many different reasons and get from the site what we put into it.

Im trying to understand what you mean by "wider debate on life?"

Most of the traffic on this site is probably about anything and everything that does not include the names of DL 2009.

We have discussed birth, death, art, nostalgia, wrestlers, music, hates, likes.........do I need to go on?

The site is going through a barren patch. ALL sites go through barren patches.

Nothings collapsing, its just gone a bit quiet.

Oh, remember one thing. Moderators. Love them or hate them, they do the job of keeping everything tight.

No f ucker thanks them but plenty berate them.

Who would want to be a referee, eh?

There is no mob mentality on here.

Take a look back at the poll I ran an age back regarding Mr Scream.

As many people believed that he should remain a member of this site as those that wanted him run out of town.

That plank of your argument is, respectfully, bollocks.

"In crowd?" I suppose there is a collective of members that have interacted off site and have even met each other ( Guilty M'lud ) but its hardly an "in crowd" just ordinary people, most of us posting in a manner and style vastly different to each other. We dont scheme, conspire nor do we have any agenda. We are here for many different reasons and get from the site what we put into it.

Im trying to understand what you mean by "wider debate on life?"

Most of the traffic on this site is probably about anything and everything that does not include the names of DL 2009.

We have discussed birth, death, art, nostalgia, wrestlers, music, hates, likes.........do I need to go on?

You could have mentioned the erudite exchanges on dog poo. Also the DL has one of the most comprehensive collections of squidology anywhere on the web, plus some pretty good info on obscure bands, munchkins, WWI veterans, Titanic survivors (how many left?) and, most recently, vulnerable and expired ice hockey players.

Oh great, I got here in time to witness the death of the deathlist? That sucks. Any other morbid sites out there one would recommend?

What the Ph*ck are you on about?? :blink:

I think you are experimenting with to many chemicals Mr/Mrs Hookabitchup....

Aye but there seems no shortage of new members, it's just that most turn out to be diarrhea posters and few of those who aren't, bother to stick around. The one by Madcow the other day was quite provocative, having a go at Brussels sprouts and all that, but will she return? We've had a few mad cows in the past who have been quite entertaining for a while but they never stay the course. It's the existing members (including me) who are not tuning in as much as they used to do. I mean I don't miss the scream, not one bit (well maybe a tiny little bit). But where are the slaves? Where's Lady Die and Boudicca? What happened to TLC? Why did Tempus Fugit work so hard to wipe away his presence? Is he standing for Parliament or something (I wish I knew how to spell 'something')?

Maybe Deathlist should have its own Facebook site...

Aye but there seems no shortage of new members, it's just that most turn out to be diarrhea posters and few of those who aren't, bother to stick around. The one by Madcow the other day was quite provocative, having a go at Brussels sprouts and all that, but will she return? We've had a few mad cows in the past who have been quite entertaining for a while but they never stay the course. It's the existing members (including me) who are not tuning in as much as they used to do. I mean I don't miss the scream, not one bit (well maybe a tiny little bit). But where are the slaves? Where's Lady Die and Boudicca? What happened to TLC? Why did Tempus Fugit work so hard to wipe away his presence? Is he standing for Parliament or something (I wish I knew how to spell 'something')?

It does!

Oh!

Hey HoS. WB!

Hey HCW!

Quiet round here innit! :D

Not A Rant, Just An Observation

I agree. Where is Banshees when we need him? :ghost3:

It does!

OK

I wish I knew how to spell 'something'

I had the same problem, but I sorted I wish I knew how to spell 'something'.

Ah, have you been filter foiled, or sum-mat?

S'cuse the post whoring but.........the second sentence above is supposed to read; I had the same problem but I sorted I wish I knew how to spell 'something' out.

Can't seem to make the edit stick on that post.

Aye, that's about it, eh. toffee apple sake, it's a sad statement of affairs when that's about the height of entertainment hereabouts.

Time for a celeb death or I wish I knew how to spell 'something'. Mebbe I'll nip over to Newcastle and buy Gazza a drink.

Aye, that's about it, eh. toffee apple sake, it's a sad statement of affairs when that's about the height of entertainment hereabouts.

Time for a celeb death or I wish I knew how to spell 'something'. Mebbe I'll nip over to Newcastle and buy Gazza a drink.

The swear filter fuckingaroundwith is even less big and clever than swearing itself. Time to knock this little game on the head, perhaps.

Aye, I was wonderin' who it was silly billy about. We need a celeb death, badly. Or I wish I knew how to spell 'something'.

Something’s

Up,

Moronic

Manipulations

Are

The

Infantile

Speciality

Whereby

Retarded

Oligarch-alikes

Neuter