The Yeti

Irate Visitors Rage Here, If You Must.

I am reader of this site. I have a lifelong curiousity of the macabre and a black and white view of life and death. This site could well become home. Nice to know there are other weirdos out there like moi :P

Just an idea, like. Do we need a thread called: 'Adoring visitors rant here if you must'

Hmmm, mebbe not, eh?

I am reader of this site. I have a lifelong curiousity of the macabre and a black and white view of life and death. This site could well become home. Nice to know there are other weirdos out there like moi :P

Just an idea, like. Do we need a thread called: 'Adoring visitors rant here if you must'

Hmmm, mebbe not, eh?

Tomb Raider is that you disguised as Maryport?

Yeah, for the irate part of this topic, I'm getting a might bit annoyed with posters who criticize otheres making literary contributions to this site. {my above mention of Maryport and Tomb are seen {{by me}} as casual observations}.

England is to Germany as a pentagon is to x? What is x?

I'll do an Alan Davies special and opt for the Q.I. trick answer, x =

Edit - For those that didn't get it, that was Germany 1 - England 5 )

Exactly!

Have a glass of milk.

i have one question to ask given the lack of any interesting death action for ages.

HAS DEATH LOST ITS STING?

i have one question to ask given the lack of any interesting death action for ages.

I personally think it's the cantankerous attitude of some (see the below exchange to a new poster from an old poster) which has silenced many. If a thread is made, there are those who launch attacks against both it and the poster. The same happens withing many threads when a person makes a post~~and I do not mean the comments which are made when a poster makes an error {as I did when sugggesting Michael Parks and then said Tom Laughlin was dead~~the response I received on that, although it may have been intended elsewise, was not perceived by me that way}. . It has led to a mass exodus of several posters who see no reason to post here. I had 4 full on attacks, and I have to be honest, it leaves me with little desire to stay around here or bother posting, knowing that the la-di-das are going to take another swipe.

So as where death and the discussion of ailing and aging persons has not its sting lost, the desire to enter new information here, has, for me at least, has indeed ebbed.

I am reader of this site. I have a lifelong curiousity of the macabre and a black and white view of life and death. This site could well become home. Nice to know there are other weirdos out there like moi :rolleyes:

Hmmm, mebbe not, eh?

I personally think it's the cantankerous attitude of some (see the below exchange to a new poster from an old poster) which has silenced many. If a thread is made, there are those who launch attacks against both it and the poster. The same happens withing many threads when a person makes a post~~and I do not mean the comments which are made when a poster makes an error {as I did when sugggesting Michael Parks and then said Tom Laughlin was dead~~the response I received on that, although it may have been intended elsewise, was not perceived by me that way}. . It has led to a mass exodus of several posters who see no reason to post here. I had 4 full on attacks, and I have to be honest, it leaves me with little desire to stay around here or bother posting, knowing that the la-di-das are going to take another swipe.

So as where death and the discussion of ailing and aging persons has not its sting lost, the desire to enter new information here, has, for me at least, has indeed ebbed.

I am reader of this site. I have a lifelong curiousity of the macabre and a black and white view of life and death. This site could well become home. Nice to know there are other weirdos out there like moi :rolleyes:

Hmmm, mebbe not, eh?

Cantankerous attitude or exasperation?

Somebody puts their first introductory post, stating that they have an interest in "blah de blah" and they go and stick it on this topic instead of putting on the "New here..." one.

What does that say about them? Cant be arsed to read? Too thick to know? Who knows?

Realistically, they will contribute very little apart from the inane....and there are enough of the inane here to last a lifetime.

Ive never seen myself as a snob and ive never bemoaned the lack of "quality posting" primarily because im as guilty as anybody of posting shite BUT this place, at this present time, is utter pants.

There is no banter, nobody can be arsed to trade blows, insults, innuendo, zilch, nichts, zero fuck all.

There is a serious lack of edge, people are posting under different aliases and some of the new blood ( not all ) could make Mogadon obsolete, let alone insomnia.

Many of the posters, whose absence you lament, have probably buggered off for those very reasons and not because we (me) are not being Dave Nice of Niceville.

Any twit can look at the Obituary columns and spoon feed the forum a daily diet of the latest nobody/vaguely well known who has passed away but if the forum relied on that as its sole purpose to exist, it would have died years ago.

This place needs a kick up the arse.

In summary, with respect BB, because I DO respect you, you are wide of the mark.

PS:Do excuse the bad spelling, if there is any, I couldnt be arsed to.......

Cantankerous attitude or exasperation?

Somebody puts their first introductory post, stating that they have an interest in "blah de blah" and they go and stick it on this topic instead of putting on the "New here..." one.

What does that say about them? Cant be arsed to read? Too thick to know? Who knows?

Realistically, they will contribute very little apart from the inane....and there are enough of the inane here to last a lifetime.

Ive never seen myself as a snob and ive never bemoaned the lack of "quality posting" primarily because im as guilty as anybody of posting shite BUT this place, at this present time, is utter pants.

There is no banter, nobody can be arsed to trade blows, insults, innuendo, zilch, nichts, zero fuck all.

There is a serious lack of edge, people are posting under different aliases and some of the new blood ( not all ) could make Mogadon obsolete, let alone insomnia.

Many of the posters, whose absence you lament, have probably buggered off for those very reasons and not because we (me) are not being Dave Nice of Niceville.

Any twit can look at the Obituary columns and spoon feed the forum a daily diet of the latest nobody/vaguely well known who has passed away but if the forum relied on that as its sole purpose to exist, it would have died years ago.

This place needs a kick up the arse.

In summary, with respect BB, because I DO respect you, you are wide of the mark.

PS:Do excuse the bad spelling, if there is any, I couldnt be arsed to.......

Bravo Sir! An accurate summary!

What this place needs is a damn good witch hunt. clapper9yr.gif

I shall put forward the name John Venables. Even if he's not close to death he probably will be after his upcoming court appearance! :)

EDIT: 14th March, 2010. Guess not then... this forum truly has lost it's stones.

Edited by Harvester Of Souls

It's election night, nothing much is happening yet, you'd think a few folks would be hanging around here with a few things to say about whatever. But nothing. I don't come here much anymore since taking the Mormon oath but who but Donny Osmond would have thought that Mormonism would have attracted more interest than the Deathlist? There should be an inquiry with recommendations. PS. I have a bad back and can't sleep, can't drink either. Never mind I can watch people who know nothing interviewing other people who know nothing, but can't see much new on here. Something needs to be done.

I don't come here much anymore since taking the Mormon oath but who but Donny Osmond would have thought that Mormonism would have attracted more interest than the Deathlist?

Call me thick, but what's all this Mormonology all about? Did I miss something?

Something needs to be done.

I agree. It's nice doing picture assasinations, but what we really need is a good hit on the list.

regards,

Hein

I don't come here much anymore since taking the Mormon oath but who but Donny Osmond would have thought that Mormonism would have attracted more interest than the Deathlist?

Hein that's exactly the question I've been asking for days now. It's a mystery to me.

I agree. It's nice doing picture assasinations, but what we really need is a good hit on the list.

regards,

Hein

I thought it was just me who didn't understand all the Mormon references. I even looked up "Mormon Underwear" and read through a site about it and still don't know what the hell they or Godot are getting at.

regards,

Hein

I thought it was just me who didn't understand all the Mormon references. I even looked up "Mormon Underwear" and read through a site about it and still don't know what the hell they or Godot are getting at.

Apologies, I thought it was common knowledge.

regards,

Hein

Apologies, I thought it was common knowledge.

Quite all right, I love to learn. I didn't know what "dipping your soldier" was either and I'll admit something different entered my mind.

I have been a fan of this site for a number of years, and have often used it as a conversation stopper both at home and at work, but I must protest on the strongest terms abvout this years list (2011), despite a spectacular start with Gerry Rafferty, it rather lacks anyone of real character in the debutant department.

The fact the list had failed to spot Anne Francis, star of Forbidden Planet, a film that not only was the best in its genre, but also was that important she was name checked in the opening title of The Rocky Horror Show, this leads me on in my rant, tal;king of Rocky Horror, why no mention of the supreme creator himself, surely Richard O'Brien is getting close to finding himself as a qualifier.

The world of Science Fiction and Fantasy does seem not to get enough mentions, you drag you feet in not nominating Stan Lee, the overlord of Marvel Comics, co creator along with Stan Lee (88) of Spider-man and Dr Strange, Steve Ditko (83) should also be marketable for the 2012 list. Brian Aldiss, the leading British SF writer anyone?

Perhaps we should already be thinking laterally for 2012, and trying to come up with some more original ideas for candidates than the also rans, has beens and never really weres that currently occupy such a dull list as we have this year.

I have been a fan of this site for a number of years, and have often used it as a conversation stopper both at home and at work, but I must protest on the strongest terms abvout this years list (2011), despite a spectacular start with Gerry Rafferty, it rather lacks anyone of real character in the debutant department.

The fact the list had failed to spot Anne Francis, star of Forbidden Planet, a film that not only was the best in its genre, but also was that important she was name checked in the opening title of The Rocky Horror Show, this leads me on in my rant, tal;king of Rocky Horror, why no mention of the supreme creator himself, surely Richard O'Brien is getting close to finding himself as a qualifier.

The world of Science Fiction and Fantasy does seem not to get enough mentions, you drag you feet in not nominating Stan Lee, the overlord of Marvel Comics, co creator along with Stan Lee (88) of Spider-man and Dr Strange, Steve Ditko (83) should also be marketable for the 2012 list. Brian Aldiss, the leading British SF writer anyone?

Perhaps we should already be thinking laterally for 2012, and trying to come up with some more original ideas for candidates than the also rans, has beens and never really weres that currently occupy such a dull list as we have this year.

Welcome Mike. I think this is called getting your retaliation in first. Pull up a chair.

Welcome Mike. I think this is called getting your retaliation in first. Pull up a chair.

There are two sci-fi authors on the list for geeks such as yourself.

There is a Rocky Horror thread, I know because I started it. R'OB also gets mentioned in the thread were OoO appeared on televison talking about the DDP, he's not a fan of dead pools.

There is a Rocky Horror thread, I know because I started it. R'OB also gets mentioned in the thread were OoO appeared on televison talking about the DDP, he's not a fan of dead pools.

Indeed you did, it's rather nicely called "Rocky Horror, Come up to the lab and see who's on the slab"

Find the first post here

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=10973

Stephen Fry's new Pushnote service could add an interesting new dimension to ranting about websites.

Easy enough to ignore though, probably.

Stephen Fry's new Pushnote service could add an interesting new dimension to ranting about websites.

Easy enough to ignore though, probably.

Just waiting for the first Pushnote comment here. I'll give it 24-hours. It's not going to be me.

Just passing through.

Something tells me that one of the most common misconceptions of the human mind is a thought which seeks heaven on earth within others rather than within ourselves. When our trials and tribulations are final and you perceive the differences in others to to be simply and only that, it's a little bit of a rush once you begin to accept and understand with ease that true happiness or anything excellent begins in you.

Something tells me that one of the most common misconceptions of the human mind is a thought which seeks heaven on earth within others rather than within ourselves. When our trials and tribulations are final and you perceive the differences in others to to be simply and only that, it's a little bit of a rush once you begin to accept and understand with ease that true happiness or anything excellent begins in you.

So you're saying that Edith Piaf should have been singing :

Car ma vie

Car mes joies

Aujourd'hui

Ça commence avec moi

Just passing through.

Don't they call that spanking the monkey? Good to see you're still with us Banshees.

Guest Leonard Hatred

Just passing through.

Osama Bin Laden 1957 - 2011